U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:23 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,959,736 times

Advertisements

Good morning eveeyone
you know I just couldn't resist

walk done,
Ran into my neighbor whos son that is in Iraq
He is the soldier that my 2 Jr Master Gardener classes "adopted"
He received the box with the "sending you a hug cards ' that the kids made. He said everyone in his unit loved them. He said some of the guy in the unit don't get a lot of mail so he made sure to share the "hug cards" with them first.
I am so proud of my "kids" for brightening their day.

Yesterday was a great turnout
Kudos to Tet Tea
I think it was asked about how to do the "bendy things"

this is how I do them and please if I am wrong let us know

I hold a weight in my left hand I then reach over my head with my right hand bending to the side then switch and do the other side. I think you suspose to work up to 25 per side.

looking forward to seeing everyone today

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 05:32 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,465,598 times
Good Day everyone ... hope you're all feeling feisty

Karla you brightened the rest of my day with your news. Our wonderful men and women of the military deserve our support. Kudos to you and the kids!

Well, I'm enjoying my lunch at the moment ... a delicious omelette with a little cheese, onion, tomato and herbs ... yummy

Did my walk this morning, mowed the lawn, got the bathrooms cleaned and vaccumed through. Got to get to the laundry next and then the dusting.

Just to let you all know I'll be gone for the next month or two. I'm getting ready to move from one continent to the other! If I get access to a computer I'll drop by and say hello.

Keep up the awesome work folks.

BTW: I hope I managed to give everyone their stars for yesterday's exercise thread.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:46 AM

oh no tet tea we will miss you so much not only on the exercise thread but in the other forums
tell them to pack the computer last

I will be keeping you in my thoughs for a safe move

hey you should be settled in so you can meet us all in Seward AK on Aug 31st for the "rance-a-rama"

karla

Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,104,824 times
Morning everyone!

Yesterday I chose to wear shoes that went with the outfit, instead of shoes that were comfy. Sooooo, I am slightly crippled this morning.

10 minute hobble with dog. Dog sulking under dining room table.

Anyone have any Advil?

Old 05-03-2007, 06:04 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,351,423 times
I have a few pairs of those shoes also, love the way they look hate the way they feel! Exercise tape done, no walk for Cassy today. On the way to the vet for check up and then off to work. Have a good day everyone.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
oh no tet tea we will miss you so much not only on the exercise thread but in the other forums
tell them to pack the computer last

I will be keeping you in my thoughs for a safe move

hey you should be settled in so you can meet us all in Seward AK on Aug 31st for the "rance-a-rama"

karla
Oh, you are so sweet There's probably a few that won't miss me I'll be back eventually to haunt them though!

I wish I could go to Alaska, but it's not to be at least in the near future. I hope you guys have a blast. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the snapshots.

Sorry about the tootsies Evey. I think every woman I know has gone through it.

I hope your little dog is ok Cassy.

Well back to the grind ... I hate housework. Grrrrrrr

Old 05-03-2007, 06:50 AM

I agree on the shoe thing
the other day I tried on a really cute pair of heels my calfs started screaming saying don't even think about it
It made me think back to the time I would wear heels and would go out dancing for hours without a problem.
come to think of it I think the heels had something to do with the fact that I had really good calfs back then
hmmm can you see me doing my 3 mile walk with Lou wearing sweats and heels
lol they would put me away for sure.

karla

ps evey I can't give you your "gold stars" till I do some spreading

Old 05-03-2007, 10:30 AM

1,394 posts, read 3,926,049 times
I am having issues with the spreading also, I spread so much, and then try to go back in and give some of you rep points, and it tells me to spread some more.
I am waiting until my daughter gets out of school for our walk, today we are going to take Tinkerbell, she is always ready, even though she has tiny legs, but she hops around like a little rabbit.
I also wanted to say, since my daughter and I started walking, I was really suprised she is really getting into this, and enjoys our time together, I said wait until we get to Colorado, we will have mountains to climb then.
I am sure she will be looking to see if the family of foxes will be in there normal place today, it was so much fun watching them play with each other, we counted seven so we don't know if there might have been more or not, thanks to this thread we now have something to look forward to everyday.
In case I can't get reps to everyone, I will get to you as soon as my computer gives the ok. Thanks for letting us join. I will post later after we get our walk in. Yorkie

Last edited by Yorkie_Mom; 05-03-2007 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: type o

Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,860,008 times
Got my routine finished-have a huge, busy weekend of events coming up. Hope all these weeks of working out will help out my endurance!
Wish I had some sweet sweet shoes, but I have a big ugly bunion toe/foot which prohibits that!
Evey-your dog must really be mad if he's/she's not out by your bike!
Tet tea-best of luck, hurry back! Cassy-hope your dog checks out okay, Karla, nice gesture for those poor kids over there-my son is commissioning tomorrow[army]-I am less than overjoyed[utterly heartbroken, actually]. Then he graduates, two ceremonies for graduation: Sat, Sun. plus the commissioning ceremony-tomorrow. Oh to be a guy-put on pants, put on shirt, put on shoes, look fine, leave. Same deal no matter what. No pantyhose, no makeup...sorry, rambling and off topic.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 05-03-2007 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 AM

Thx Fuzzy!

When your son commissions I bet you'll be swelling with pride. I wish him all the best for his military career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or