U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:39 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,180,470 times

Advertisements

Not me !!! lol

good morning everyone
take fog and combined it with the smoke from all the wildfires and you get "pea soup"

Not good walking conditions, we sometimes have to walk in the street to avoid the sprinklers and I don't like to take the risk of becoming "splatt" if we can't be seen so Lou and I decided to postpone our walk.

I have a fun morning planned. A couple months ago Lou made a donation to our 4-H JR Master Gardener program. So today we are planting a Orange tree in the school butterfly garden in memory of his deceased wife, he knows we are planting the tree but doesn't know we are planting it in her memory, they were married almost 60 years.

So I am picking him up at 9 am and we are heading over to the school .
Both of my classes will be coming out to help.
rofl 60 2nd graders who are so excited to meet "Mr Lou"
The citrus tree guy is going to show them the proper way to plant a tree and he said he will bring lemonade for all the kids, lou is bringing cookies.
I have a feeling my teachers won't be to "thrilled" that we are going to load them up with sugar then leave . lol good thing they like me.

I am going to take pictures so I will post some later

So who will be first to post their work out today

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,196,781 times
Hallloooooooooooo everyone! I got blown around my walk this morning. It's pretty windy at the moment. We're supposed to get rain this weekend ... thank the Lord.

Karla ... that is wonderful planting the orange tree. Watching it grow and mature will keep her memory alive. Wonderful!

I think the phone people have forgotten me! They were supposed to turn my phone and internet off today. Oh well, I'll just keep enjoying until they pull the plug!

Have a super saucy day all!

BTW ... Anyone seen Ronzou around? I know he wasn't feeling so good a while back.

Last edited by tet tea; 05-04-2007 at 05:04 AM..

Old 05-04-2007, 05:04 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,623,981 times
Hi, everybody. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Was stuck in bed with the NASTIEST stomach bug I've had in many, many years. Feeling more human today, but still weak and shaky. Didn't tell hubby, because I have to go into work to get things cleared up before vacation next week. Think I'll come home as soon as I can after that. The good news? I lost five lbs., but I wouldn't recommend the method. Take care, all. If I can, I'll check in while I'm down South.

I'll miss our daily chats!

Old 05-04-2007, 05:07 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,196,781 times
NMS Have an absolute blast on vaction! Hope you're feeling better before you head off!

Old 05-04-2007, 05:09 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,679 posts, read 16,623,981 times
Thanks. I'll have another day in, so I should be ok. Nothing like being sick on an airplane, that's for sure.

Oh - Wed. night (before stomach bug), I walked about a mile and a half with my neighbor/friend and her dog, Nikki. Can I get belated points, karla??

Old 05-04-2007, 05:17 AM

8,191 posts, read 27,212,199 times
Morning everyone!

30 minute dog walk in the half light complete.

Dog is all excited because she gets to go to the dog beach tomorrow. She will ride 50 minutes each way to spend 30 minutes at the dog beach with her best dog buddy. Sheesh, kids.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:18 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,180,470 times
tet tea we are glad your still "connected" with us

NMS - of course you can , I hope you are feeling better.

I sent ronzou a Pm to make sure he was ok since he hasn't been posting.
Hes fine, its end of the semester so he has been busy with finals.

karla

Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,457,687 times
My grandma's sweetie was named Lou-we all called him Papa Lou-and we all loved him so much-when you talk about your walks, I think of him! I was thinking about Ronzou last night too-wondering where he is, now we know. Well everybody have a good weekend-I can only do a little bit exercise wise-enough to 'tide me over', so to speak. Evey-your dog 'knows' you're going to the dog beach?

Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 AM

21,330 posts, read 29,252,015 times
Yea, I exercised today! Next week I'm going for four days, hope I can do it!

Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,457,687 times
Finished my abbreviated workout.
Karla, I have always thought that planting a tree in honor of someone who has passed is a really nice way to memorialize them, a living tribute, you could say. And, that being said, planting an orange tree in the butterfly garden of second graders just sounds like a poem waiting to be written!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals