Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 05:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times

Advertisements

wow I can't believe it is October already
Where has this year gone
Seems like it was just yesterday that I was planning our trip to Phila for my nephews wedding and my bagel shopping

But October is my favorite month followed by December so all is good !!!

It is another great cool morning here in NE FL it is 63 !!!! I think this is our last cool morning though the next few mornings are suppose to be mid 70s with highs near 90
or well lol it was a nice treat

So I am going to take advantage of the nice day and either play out in the garden or take lola for a nice long walk.
I think a trip tot he nursery for some mums might also be on todays list .

Ok is it just my dogs or have those of you with "fur kids" noticed as the weather gets cooler they get wilder ?

So what will you do to welcome in October
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 07:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
Hi, there.

Yep...b'day coming up for Karla.

Yes, we did get the weeds pulled. I was so stiff last night it wasn't funny. Still am a bit this a.m. but much better than last night. Today we cleaned off the front porch, cleaned up the 2 chairs that were out there, put out the little pc. of carpet we have, put the kitty cage up, so the fur kids are out there, enjoying the beautiful low humidity morning.

We had a neighbor pass last night. That's the problem with living in a retirement community. People tend to die. Well, they do everywhere else, but it's a more common occurence here, percentage wise. Never mind.

Anyway....we got the cupboard fronts that needed replacing because the men drilled the holes for the handles wrong and the handles come apart. We ordered 3, but the one for the bread box was the inside plastic cover instead of the outside wooden door. Duh. So...a trip to Lowes is on the books for today. Guess I have to go clean up now.

Have a great day, all.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,350,349 times
Good morning everyone.

Finished paying the bills, getting ready to head out the door for my morning walk, and then it's time to finish the outside before winter is upon us. I like to be ahead of the game...

My JRT (who is so wild... not) gets lazier with the cold weather!! Figures I would have the oddball of the breed We bought him a winter jacket last week. It got so darn cold last year and the poor bugger was freezing on our short walks. He'll be a happier pooch this winter.

Sorry you're having problems with your kitchen Pattie. We had to drive all the way back to Lowes last weekend with the mailbox. The door hinge broke. It wouldn't be so bad, but Lowes is a 45 minute drive away!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,192,435 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for our cookie walk this morning.

Yes, all of my critters get wild when the weather gets cool. Noting like spastic kitties in the house!

DH dug up all of the begonias and impatiens yesterday so the frost does not get them. The yard looks weird without all of the color.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
This is my last week in FL and then I'm back home (hopefully for a few weeks) Just when the weather was starting to get nice; I've got to home to freezing coldness. This will be my first "northern" winter

I went walking on my lunch break; it's such a pretty day. If FL was like this year round I might have liked it a little more.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,507,451 times
hello, everybody I just finished the 30 minute cardio workout. Plus NN dog dooty. I hope they don't get wild! Everybody hates them as it is!! Would have been nice if one of her kids had let me know how the operation went, but I guess I should have known better. I'm just the grunt worker.

Karla, the baby dabeez pic wasn't up when i tried to look yesterday, Must have taken it down or something and then put it back up. But I have to say, she looks a whole lot like somebody I know-have known since she was a baby-it's amazing!

Haven't heard from Billy in a couple days-he finally left Kuwait but I don't know where he went, he couldn't say.

Well, I'm off to eat, do some laundry-heck, I might even wash the dishes!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,227,048 times
OK, what's a JRT?

Duh....I just figured it out myself - Jack Russell Terrier.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,065,909 times
Well yesterday turned into a "lazy day" I guess ya just got to have one every once in awhile
I did get some laundry done

Pattie sorry to hear about your neighbor

Evey you can put in some Pansies they do well in freezes and also snow

Sue - lola has a bit of JRT in her lol I think she must of gotten your puppys energy !!

natalayjones - where in FL are you ?
I lived in New Brunswick for 7 years before moving here I have very fond memories of some great times living there !! I have friends in Somerset I love love the Somerset Diner

Fuzzy once billy get "settled" in the new place will he be able to email or call ?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Well yesterday turned into a "lazy day" I guess ya just got to have one every once in awhile
I did get some laundry done

Pattie sorry to hear about your neighbor

Evey you can put in some Pansies they do well in freezes and also snow

Sue - lola has a bit of JRT in her lol I think she must of gotten your puppys energy !!

natalayjones - where in FL are you ?
I lived in New Brunswick for 7 years before moving here I have very fond memories of some great times living there !! I have friends in Somerset I love love the Somerset Diner

Fuzzy once billy get "settled" in the new place will he be able to email or call ?
Right now I'm in Maitland. I used to live in Orlando but I'm here on business at the moment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals