U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:53 AM

17,835 posts, read 29,990,812 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

It is 62 degrees with a nice breeze and only 40% humidity woo hooo gonna be a good hair day. well until the wind kicks in later.
Haven't walked yet Lou has out of town company and they are leaving this morning so no walk for him.
Lola and I will head out in a bit

It's "school day" I can't believe we have this week and next Tues then we are done for the year. I started 60 plants cutting on Sunday so each child can take a plant home with them on the last day of the JR Master Gardener class.
I have some interesting plans for the shcool garden this summer. Going to add plants and maybe update the sprinkler system. Since I get to maintain it during the summer( I live next dooor so it is easier than having the other MG teacher drive here) I get to have fun playing "plant fairy.

So what kind of turn out are we going to have today ? I have "bunches" of gold stars ready to be handed out
karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 05:02 AM

8,191 posts, read 28,146,419 times
Shadow & I have finished saying good morning to EVERYONE in the neighborhood. Even the trash man got kisses today (from Shadow, not from me).

Old 05-08-2007, 05:38 AM

lol evey
Monday is our trash day and they always ask us what lap we are on.
When we first started walking I carried a pocket full of treats so if we came upon someone they could give Lola a treat. My theory was she would really love the walks. rofl I have created a monster. Now whenever we come across soemone she sits and raises her paw expecting her treat. Now that Lou brings a supply of treats she just about falls over in excitment when she sees him coming. Heavan forbid he should ignore her for a second to say good morning to me first. The paw rasing leds to "here I am here I am don't forget about me" jumping around. Poor Lou she has nailed him you know where, a couple of times in her excitment to get the treats she knows he has in his pocket.
Lou then decided it wasn't fair that she is the only one getting treats so when we are done walking he comes in the house to give the "big dogs" their treats. It is so cute how they line up inside the door to see "uncle Lou" and get their treats.

Sigh I still haven't gotten out for our walk to many interesting thing on the CD boards to read.
lol see why having to meet Lou is such motivation .

karla

p.s. now that I have completely blown the walking before going to school I think I will treat myself to breakfast out, on the way to school

Last edited by FLPL75; 05-08-2007 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: added the p.s.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:44 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,477,710 times
Morning walk done. We had a good storm blow through lastnight. Felt a little muggy but we needed those raindrops.

Have a wonderful day all

Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 AM

788 posts, read 3,772,823 times
It's supposed to be 94 F today in Sacramento !?!? That's a bit too hot for me!

Walk/jog dvd complete.

I am having exercise motivation problems of late. You think the extra weight I've gained over the last few years would be motivation enough, but noooo.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 AM

does having to keep 2 classes of 2nd graders in line count??
huh huh huh lol
We took the kids out to the garden
I think I could of made a "2nd greaders go wild " video.
they had so much fun we checked out "potato bins" that we planted in the fall
One bin had nothing but the 2nd bin yeilded 4 potato's

I did stop and have breakfast and enjoyed every bite lol hey if your gonna be bad why hold back

karla

Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 AM

4,270 posts, read 13,982,691 times
Good morning friends! Worked out with hubby yesterday. You know, it's actually more fun to exercise with him than by myself. I feel like I'm getting less done though ... maybe b'c having a partner makes the time go by faster? Who knows!

Today is another day ... here I come gym!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 AM

769 posts, read 1,985,878 times
May I join the club please??!!! I lost my workout partner when I moved from Cali and now it's been just too easy to say I'll do it tomorrow!!! Plus, I had a gym where I worked and it made it easier to just get up and go first thing in the morning, then get ready for work there. Now that I have to go to a gym it only works to go after work - and it's really hard to make myself do it.

I WILL be working out tonight after work - my goal right now is to get a consistent 4x's a week going - got one down for the week so far!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
You think the extra weight I've gained over the last few years would be motivation enough, but noooo.
For me its "you think the extra wight I've gained over the last 7 years would be motivation enough, but nooo!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:35 AM

Welcome elle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals