Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Whats goulash !!
Trust me, you don't wanna know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 05:39 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
lol, love the veggie thing Karla! Hubby is just like you, one time my sister told him to try some of her pasta salad and he said "too many green things in it". We just shook our heads. Me I love most veggies and would rather have them then meat. Oh, goulash is good, it is pasta shells, ground beef, tomatoes and any other veggie you care to put in it, bake it or cook it on top of the stove, kinda like a really good hamburg helper.
Glad you made it safe Evey, that is a heck of a drive! Shadow is probably happy to be back in warm weather!
I made it to the gym tonight and did pretty good on the treadmill, so good points for me tonight. Have hubby's dinner cooking in the oven and I am going to get off the puter so I can get ready to watch my fav show, NCIS!
Have a great night all!. Tet did you bring in some of those tomatoes? Fried green tomatoes are really good and sweet.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:31 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Trust me, you don't wanna know!
Now, fuzzy...

We love goulash, but it's called different things in different parts of the country. Some call it American Chop Suey, some call it hot dish, and I've heard some call it something like Johnny Mazurati or something like that. Anyway, the way we make it is to brown hamburger w/onion, garlic, salt and pepper, then add a can of diced tomatoes. Mix that all up with some elbow macaroni and throw it in a casserole dish into the oven w/a lid on it. After it starts to bubble (about 1/2 an hour or so), we throw a bunch of grated cheese on top - tonite was mozzarella and cheddar - and put it back in the oven for about 5 minutes, long enough to melt. Good stuff.

Welcome back to Florida, Evey.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:43 PM

Patti, try the diced tomatoes with peppers in it for just a little kick, you can also add a can of green beans and tomato soup (my old boss made it that way and it was really good).

Old 10-21-2009, 04:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
wow lots of scary things in that goulash
Most of the ingredients, well except for the cheese, are not on this "selective eaters" approved food list
LOl I tell folks my life is exciting which is why my food choices are so plain and boring

Though I bet hubby would love it so one of these days when I am being the "good wife" I may have to make it for him.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 AM

Karla, you don't even eat hamburger or macaroni??? Wow.... Not sure if we can still be friends.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 PM

lol pattie I am all about the macaroni any type with a nice Alfredo or even just butter (thats about it)
I also really like hamburger as long as it is shaped like a patty and on a bun

I don't like hamburger mixed with stuff and onion, garlic, diced tomatoes. nope not on my plate

sad isnt it and just think I am Italian lol they are so going to kick me out

Old 10-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Oh, I understood about the onions and tomatoes. Hey, if you don't like something, you don't like it. But I was pretty sure you'd do burgers and macaroni.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 PM

Karla, not spaghetti with a meat sauce?

Old 10-22-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Oh, I understood about the onions and tomatoes. Hey, if you don't like something, you don't like it. But I was pretty sure you'd do burgers and macaroni.

I do just not together !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Karla, not spaghetti with a meat sauce?
ok here is where it gets "weird" you all know how much I love pizza which is as far as I am concerned the perfect food, but I don't eat spaghetti sauce with or with out meat

Now many may say "karla it is the same thing" but nope it is not lol

They taste totally different I don't even care for marinara sauce to chunky

It may be a texture thing or lol a "karla your just weird" thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals