Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:24 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

yorkie I gave you extra stars
good luck with the no smoking thing, my sister said really deep breaths help when the urge hits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 11:24 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Well, I got mine done.
Taking deep breaths can help when you're trying to quit smoking, just don't do too many at a time or you'll hyperventilate!! It feels like a real accomplishment to know that I have quit smoking after a very long time of smoking, but my mom and sister both have lung cancer, so a first hand look can be quite sobering.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 05-11-2007 at 11:40 AM..

Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times
I hate to admit this. I went on my elliptical trainer for fifteen mintues and then felt like throwing up for another hour. Clearly, it's been a long time since I've exercised! But, I started.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I hate to admit this. I went on my elliptical trainer for fifteen mintues and then felt like throwing up for another hour. Clearly, it's been a long time since I've exercised! But, I started.
yay the first workout is the toughest.

hmmm maybe I need to rethink this elliptical thing

karla

Old 05-11-2007, 02:22 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
JCO - Don't worry, my husband felt the same way when he first started. The important thing is you got on that thing!

Yorkie - Yay! You quit that nasty habit! Good for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

I did go to the gym today despite my ankle. I took it easy but I did cardio for a total of 50 minutes. Go me!

Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM

ok as of now everyone has been "starred" not sure if i will log on later if not I will get the rest of you in the morning
have a great night

karla

Old 05-11-2007, 03:52 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
yorkie..Good luck!! I quit cold turkey 29 years ago! You can do it!
Did 3 classes this morning! I am tired, always glad it is friday! Have a good weekend everyone. "Happy Mothers Day"

Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 PM

489 posts, read 2,015,127 times
Poking head in (all black-eyed, bruised, and bloodied from visiting the FL Forum) LOLOLOLOL For those of you who have seen it, you can kind of see what I've been dealing with down here. OMG

A big Hello and Hugs to everyone here! Missed you! I am still walking dogs, exercising, got stricter with my diet (not really a diet, just really healthy and no snacks!), and have lost TWELVE POUNDS so far!!!!

It is GREAT to see YorkieMom here. . . you are getting out and exercising . . . you are moving FINALLY . . . AND YOU QUIT SMOKING!

I also noticed LeavingCali here from time to time . . . that is great to see another one of my friends here.

Hope everybody is healthy and happy! I feel like I have missed so much of your lives while I have been "away". Going to St. Petersburg tomorrow for the day. Hair appointment there and then just going to hang out for a bit and decompress. Getting geared up for big job search there next week.

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and support you've given me. Have a great weekend everybody!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedUpInFtMyers View Post
Poking head in (all black-eyed, bruised, and bloodied from visiting the FL Forum) LOLOLOLOL For those of you who have seen it, you can kind of see what I've been dealing with down here. OMG

A big Hello and Hugs to everyone here! Missed you! I am still walking dogs, exercising, got stricter with my diet (not really a diet, just really healthy and no snacks!), and have lost TWELVE POUNDS so far!!!!

It is GREAT to see YorkieMom here. . . you are getting out and exercising . . . you are moving FINALLY . . . AND YOU QUIT SMOKING!

I also noticed LeavingCali here from time to time . . . that is great to see another one of my friends here.

Hope everybody is healthy and happy! I feel like I have missed so much of your lives while I have been "away". Going to St. Petersburg tomorrow for the day. Hair appointment there and then just going to hang out for a bit and decompress. Getting geared up for big job search there next week.

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and support you've given me. Have a great weekend everybody!
WOW! 12 pounds congrats! I hope I can lose that much!

I'm going to start up my ab crunches again before I hit the hay. Or I'll do them FIRST thing in the morning. Getting up at 5 then heading out to work at 6 I'm not really in the mood to do anything, but then moving around all day at work you think I would get exercise, but noooo I gained.... ONE POUND! *bites lip and tears up* *SNIFF*

Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
I haven't quit, I swear!! I was doing so good with the walking but my Mom has been in the hospital since Tuesday and we have been going down there every night. It's about an hour from here. I have been working from 7:30 to 3:30 or 4 then going to my Dad's and either going down with him or going by myself, he is taking 2 trips a day down there. I haven't beeen getting home until 9 or so. Her lower back is riddled with arthritis and they are doing pain management and they put her on steroids, wow talk about jeckyl and hyde. Anyway, I will walk hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.. I miss this thread, not posting every day. I will tell you that walking from parking to the entrance doesn't hurt and I am walking so much faster. See you soon. Alive and well in Mt. Airy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals