Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Wanted to sneak on before our company woke up somehow my MIL wouldn't understand my online family (she doesn't have a computer)

So what did Santa bring everyone ?

Hubby made a nice prime rib roast and I figured I had done enough "non chew food" and enjoyed each bite

I was actually surprised by Santa this year I had absolutely no clue as to my presents
lol I usually have a hint

I got a new computer !!! it is one of those slim line tower thingys that is only 14"s high and maybe 4" wide

I also got the new fancy smancy food saver system that I have looked at each time we went shopping it will even seal bread & baked goods with out smashing them !!

MIL got me the professional type waffle maker !! the one that turns over

rofl want to guess what we are having for breakfast this morning !!!

I guess I am one of the few women that like getting appliance things for christmas !!!

It went up to 74 yesterday so it was a bit werid being in shorts & a t-shirt Christmas day

So what did you all find under the tree ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 05:45 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,219,750 times
Morning Karla!
Wow a new computer and a food saver system! You must have been pretty good this year. I got boots ((the cute little scrunchy ones) pictures of my babies up north, a Cosco membership and some gift cards that I am going to go to the mall and spend today, oh and perfume.
We had prime rib also and it was sooooo good! I made twice baked potatoes too and homemade bread. Yes it was a good and quiet day.
Think I best go and see what the weather will be today, there is frost on the cars this morning.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:26 AM

ok I am loving the Belgian waffle maker !!!

Old 12-26-2009, 07:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,224,652 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow is being weird today so we just took a short walk.

Santa brought me a griddle, which I have always wanted. In a few minutes I will take it for a test drive. I am thinking french toast. Also a new pair of tennis shoes, a shirt, and a soap dispenser for the kitchen sink. Oh, and I have a beautiful diamond bracelet that had a broken clasp and Santa had it fixed for me.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:44 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Good morning, all. Time to get back to the reality of housework. Ick.

Karla, I like to get appliances for Christmas, too, as long as it's something I want (like NOT a vacuum!). What time should we show up for waffles?? I got a new type of coffee grinder where I can put a whole bunch of beans in the top and then just grind what I need for now. I wanted one of those suck 'n' sealers, but didn't get one, which kind of surprised me. I tried to do banana bread in ours once. Didn't stop to think that bread has a lot of air bubbles in it. Boy, did it look funny! Tasted ok, but looked really weird.

Evey, you'll love that griddle for french toast. I hated having to cook enough for DH and then cook mine. By the time mine were ready, he was done eating.

Sandy, gift certificates are very good.

We had ham yesterday. It was good, but not prime rib. I'm not a big ham fan, but I like it once, then maybe ham in scalloped potatoes or beans, but don't like lots of leftovers. We do prime rib for New Years, so I'm looking forward to that. Oh, and we're invited to our friends' for dinner Tuesday night. Guess what they're having? Ham. Can't wait.

My "big" present this year was a birthstone ring. I have always hated my birthstone (citrine, aka golden topaz), but when I saw this one in the store, I dragged DH right over to it. It's a cushion cut and it's in a very pretty setting. I like "different" things like that.

Anyway....I'll chat with y'all later. Gotta go do the floor before the health department comes to get me!

Hugs.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:05 AM

I've always wanted one of those waffle makers, guess I am going to have to buy one!
Patti I know what you mean about cleaning, I have lots to do and laundry. But I still have the whole weekend to do it and then another short week next week

Old 12-26-2009, 09:11 AM

ooo pattie got a sparkly !!!!
The nice thing about the latest version of the suck-n-seals rofl I love this name is that you can now use it on bread & pastry with out squashing them

Cassy I love Costco you are going to love your membership you know I never thought about giving one for xmas but I will next year !!!

Evey your going to wonder how you cooked before you got the griddle like pattie said it wil be nice to have everything done at the same time !!

sandy I am telling you the rotating waffle maker is the bestest !!

So while hubby is doing what ever he has to do to get the new computer going he is in the process of transferring all my what he likes to call "crap" from this one to the new one rofl there is lots of grumbling and new words I haven't heard before
I am redoign the bookshelves in the library/hubbys new office
I want to be able to put the bazillion movies that are now in the poc bookcases into the little nicer but still poc bookcases so I am moving a bunch of books out and a few things to the top of them
already thunked myself on the head and face with the glass shade on the candlestick lamp that I moved
rofl where is my hard hat

oo before I forget here are pictures of 2 of the 7 boxes hubby made for xmas the dark tiger wood one went to my brother and the birdseye maple was for my aunt & uncle
I will have to get a picture of the one for me,his mom & for C/D

Old 12-26-2009, 09:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,255,021 times
Those are beautiful, Karla. Question: what's a "poc" bookcase???

Oh, and those new words?? I'm sure he got them from my DH.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:12 PM

Beautiful wood working Karla, tell Mr. Karla that we appreciate his skill!
I wondered about the poc bookcase too, what is it?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:08 AM

poc = piece of crap lol you know those put them together and don't breath to hard on them or they will fall apart $15 bookcases

I told him how much you all liked his boxes
I think he may have to increase production next time so there is enough for my exercise family !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals