Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

A few of our exercise family are going through some challenges lately so let me be first to offer you all a great big hug !!!

It is so wonderful how much of a family we have all become these past couple years.

It is another chilly morning here in NE FL the feels like was 26

This was my last morning off C/D heads out today I have a pile of paperwork that I need to get to him before he leaves
lol and he wonders why I have to be "bossy" at times

Not sure what I am going to do exercise wise yet brain is still foggy

So "whatcha" gonna do today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 07:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Chilly here this morning too. Sun is out and thankfully the wind has stopped blowing.

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk. Later we will hit the dog park.

I am doing a Secret Shopper thing this morning. I am evaluating the presenter at a health plan seminar. Does that sound like fun to anyone??

This afternoon there is racing from Daytona. Yay! Race season!

Old 02-11-2010, 07:03 AM

ooo evey that is the kind of secret shopper I would be good at no scary food involved

I would be really really good at rating places on how they handle selective special requester diners !!!

I am thinking you may need to send me the info to become one of these
hey maybe they have a referral system

Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Hi, gang.

Well, the 'Scope said I'm doing fine. No polyps or anything else that shouldn't be there.

We're all women here, and adults, right? Mind if I share my experience? OK. If you're squeamish, don't read the next paragraph.

Told DH after the scope I really wanted to stop at McD's for some hotcakes and coffee. Sounded good, and it was. Well, the doctor's office said I would have lots of gas and if I did, I was to let it go. If the day comes when you have to have this done, believe that you will have lots of gas, but don't listen to them about letting it go. I was out on the lanai, having some tea, reading the paper and felt the need. So I did. Next thing you know, I felt a really warm, not so wonderful sensation in my undies. Yep. You got it. I did it. How could there be anything in there after last night??? Surely the hotcakes and coffee couldn't have made it thru that quickly, could it??? Anyway, there's now a load of laundry in which consists of my undies, jeans, sweater, socks, and even the little rug from the bathroom. It was all over everything. Bummer.

OK, you can read again.

Needless to say, I will not be walking today.

Have a great day, all. It sure is good to have that "behind" me.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Oh I bet that McDonald's food goes right through you.

Today I did the ten minute cardio blast for my warmup and then did the new guy I've started doing...if you know what I mean

Time for some food and other fun stuff, so have a good day everyone.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-11-2010 at 01:27 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 04:03 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Hi everyone,

Pattie, your post cracks me up.

Not exercising much as I was told aerobics is not good right now until after surgery and the ground has been covered with snow for 3 months so doing stuff around the house is my 'light' exercise.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM

That's ok. You can still visit. They let me hang around when I had my surgery and even when I was just being Lazy Susan.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 AM

Hey everyone
yesterday turned out busier than I thought

Pattie I had to chuckle when I read your post, the same thing happened with my sister in the hospital the nurses told her if you feel like you have gas do not hold it
well wouldn't you just know this would happen while our brother was visiting the same thing you experienced happened the first time she ate solid food after the surgery
and yup brother was there again !! lol I think he went home the next day

I am glad everything went well

rofl fuzzy when I read your "then did the new guy I've started doing" the diet pepsi went flying
I love starting the mornings with a good chuckle

Cheryl stuff around the house gives us more exercise than we realize
hang around here with us during this cause you can never have enough support systems and as wacky as we can be at times they say laughter is a good healer

So yesterday was give C/D a hard time day I gently suggested that he make sure to fit a meeting with me before he left. So he asked if I could run him to the airport
yay 25 mins when he has no choice but to go over stuff lol
When I got there he handed me a big container of jambalaya that he made the night before lol I know you are all saying "karla won't eat that" I won't but hubby loves the stuff so guess what he had for dinner
He said it is really really good
So I was able to go over everything that was on the list
lol I told him " I know I can be bossy but isn't it a good trade off for you being organized "
Then I told him hubby was going to mess with him and tell him he had to take me to our friends wedding (the one I am helping with the bathroom & landscaping) since he didn't like going to weddings
the look on C/D face was priceless !!!

well I better go start my threads so I can head over and let my buddy out

Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone, Karla.

And for pointing out fuzzy's little phrase. Now, how did I miss that the first time thru???

Oh, I'd want pictures of you and C/D in your wedding duds together. That would be priceless. Hey, maybe you could put Chaos in a tux and bring him, too! How 'bout that???

I've told you mom works for a church. Well, she and Fr. S were helping this woman (not a really young woman, either. This one is an established lawyer, so she should know better) plan her wedding and she said she wanted to have her dog dressed in a tux give her away. Well, a lot of us Catholics don't have a sense of humor about these things. I guess Fr. almost plotzed right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals