Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 05:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

lol no not really but the minute I typed Saturday that song popped into my head

It is going to be another brisk day here in NE FL our expected high a "toasty" 47

Today we are going to drop the car off to be aligned then go to the wood working store lol this time I am leaving my wallet home I get in "trouble" in the exotic wood section
Hubby said he will make a nice jewelry box for the fundraiser in May and if I find some really nice wood hmm as long as he is making one how much harder would it be to make 2

Not sure what else is on the board for today too cold to do anything outside so maybe I will clean

What fun things is everyone doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, there.

Not sure what's up today. DH was up late last night playing with recipes, and he's in the recliner snoozing right now.

Just got back from the Sat. a.m. coffee where I won $20 in the 50/50 drawing! Woohoo!

Karla, your day at the movies sounded great. We're due - it's been about a year now. Anyway, I think you have a keeper there in your DH.

Enjoy the day, all.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning gals! Down right cold up here in Birmingham, the s word is in Monday's forecast hopefully they are wrong like usual.
Hubby and I have both been exercising together and I am teasing him that his weight lifting is going to make him "buff". lol his face is priceless.
We found a stray doggie at work this week. Poor little thing had a hip displaced and no use of that leg. She was starving and just a precious baby. Well we brought her into work and found a shelter that will make sure her hip is fixed and adopt her out! I fell in love with her but can't bring another dog home, Cassy would die of heartbreak, she wants Bob and I to herself! Anyway it was a happy ending for Ruby and she only has good days ahead.
Hubby has had a few phone interviews but boy this job hunt is the hardest he has ever encountered. Much worse than 2 years ago when we moved here. He is applying all over the country! lol, I just tell my kids I am exploring the USA.
Well best sign off and hit a few other threads. Have a wonderful day all.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:49 AM

Sandy, that was so kind of you folks to take the time to help that dog. Hugs.

Best of luck to your DH (and you!) with the job search.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:56 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
We are animal lovers at work, when Cassy was sick no one blinked an eye for me taking time off work Good people.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Morning peeps!

45, raining & windy here this morning.

The Princess caught me off guard and actually went for a short walk this morning, wet toes & all. Not much hope of making it to the dog park today, so my chore will be entertaining a bored dog.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:03 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Hi everyone.

Sandy, that is so nice of you to help a stray dog. Most would have ignored her. If it were up to me, I'd be bringing stray dogs home all the time.
Nothing up here - I think I'll check to see if any good movies are on tv today.

Happy Saturday.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Hello, everyone. I am thinking maybe I'll take today and tomorrow off, try to take it easy and see if my neck starts feeling better. It's been about a week. Don't know if it's my pillow or still sore from the goofy pilates thing where you hold your head up off the floor. Either way, I need to start feeling better, so that's the plan for now.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Hey ladies
Sandy how wonderful that you all helped the poor little doggie I think all of us here are big time animal lovers
Keeping the good thoughts coming on hubbys job search

Pattie did he find any new "surprise" recipes how cool that you won $20. Do they dothis every Saturday?

Evey I think your rain headed out way I don't remember hearing we had rain expected , but when we headed out to drop the car off there it was

Song not sure if anyone told you , but if your Birthday is on a Friday the celebration extends throughout the weekend

Fuzzy you just hit on the "Why Karla doesn't do Pilates anymore" I ached in weird places that I don't think should of ached Have you tried a rice filled sock nuked for 90 secs in the micro it helps relax the muscles in the neck

ok ladies I think I am banned from the Wood store again lol

We had 1 1/2 hours to kill while they were aligning the Acura and hubby needed a new miter fence for his table saw and we had gotten a 10% off sale flier so perfect thing to pickup right

rofl WRONG !!!
When I walked in the owner (Janet) who is so cool said " We just got a new shipment of really different wood, you need to go look oh and by the way it is 15% off "

I had never seen curly Cherry or curly Ash before , now with wood that has a figure I usually wet my finger to see what it will look like finished once the figuring stands out
Uh oh they gave me a can of denatured alcohol and a cloth and said try this instead

omg this is the most amazing wood !!! it just blew away the curly Maple I use to love
needless to say we came home with 3 boards of the curly cherry, 1 of the curly ash a nice piece of spalted maple
oh and the most amazing piece of figured Bubinga that is still at the store because it is 11' long and we couldn't bring it home sticking out of the 4-runner in the rain

I see some amazing projects ahead lol i already have tons of suggestions for things to be made out of this terrific wood

yikes just saw the time I better go start todays thread and head out for breakfast

Old 02-28-2010, 08:50 AM

Good morning.

Lots of new recipes. Not sure if they're surprises or not. Yes, they have a 50/50 drawing every Saturday and they also pull a name at random from a bucket with all the homeowners' names in it. If you're there, you collect the pot. If you're not, another $5 goes into the pot; the prize is now $305! That's why I don't miss a Saturday coffee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals