Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 02:44 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
If you want to build up muscle, up the weight, not the reps, so sayeth my son who is quite well versed in such matters.
You can up the weight with ab crunches??? You use weights with ab crunches??? lol I'm confused!

My stomach is getting smaller. That's what I'm worried about. I'm trying to stay the way I am but burn fat not really build up extra muscle, because when I'm 60 I don't want my arms sagging on the ground because of all the muscle I had when I was younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Yep, go do them. You have to look good for San Diego!!! WooooHoooo!!!! You're going to have to chase the girls off of ya!!!
LOL! I'm trying my best!

I hope by the end of this month I'll be looking pretty good!

By the end of the month I will be at 80 reps for my crunches, as for the weights for my arms, I'll probably start using more weights here soon.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:50 PM

Triple post here, juts got done with my exercises!

Old 06-03-2007, 03:18 PM

788 posts, read 4,068,020 times
I didn't work out today--I am ashamed to admit I have a horrible hangover! However, I did workout yesterday (upper body weights) but I didn't get a chance to post. So, that was 4 days in a row. YAY!

Old 06-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
My neighbor called this afternoon, dragged me out of the house and away from housework so we could walk the dog. So add on a mile to this morning's hubby walk. :-)

Old 06-03-2007, 03:33 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,531,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
You can up the weight with ab crunches??? You use weights with ab crunches??? lol I'm confused!

My stomach is getting smaller. That's what I'm worried about. I'm trying to stay the way I am but burn fat not really build up extra muscle, because when I'm 60 I don't want my arms sagging on the ground because of all the muscle I had when I was younger.
Yes, you can up the weight with ab crunches, just have your cat stand on your stomach, oh wait NOOOOOyou just might not be able to get a 'six pack'-some people can and some can't it's like a genetic predisposition kind of thing. I wonder about that waist/weight thing, might not be making my waist smaller, but might be making my arms looonger...
The thing for your abs is, as has been said on here, you have to do the upper, lower and cardio-to get rid of the layer of fat.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Yes, you can up the weight with ab crunches, just have your cat stand on your stomach, oh wait NOOOOOyou just might not be able to get a 'six pack'-some people can and some can't it's like a genetic predisposition kind of thing. I wonder about that waist/weight thing, might not be making my waist smaller, but might be making my arms looonger...
The thing for your abs is, as has been said on here, you have to do the upper, lower and cardio-to get rid of the layer of fat.
I would like a six pack, but it's not necessary, getting rid of the rest of my tummy is okay too. I do believe it is getting smaller, when I bought my 32 size shorts they were a bit tight, now they fit just perfect! I'm going to keep going and see what happens. =)

Mr bro doesn't have a six pack, but his freakin stomach is tiny. That's what I'm going for mostly. Most girls frown upon a stomach that sticks out. So I'm doing my best to make sure I wont have to suck it in when I'm in San Diego! LOL!

Old 06-03-2007, 04:17 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,406 times
Quote:
/.../ from where I can feel a slight pain I choose that spot to start off, and when I return to my starting position I make sure NEVER to go below where I started the exercise.
Slight pain...Please "the Ronz" (), can't you give this advice to my sensei in karate- he's killing me with his "it doesn't do anything unless you feel like you want to die"! It's true, after 90 minutes of "killing-workout", all I want to do is crawl under the water tap and just doze off to eternal sleep...

Oh, and Evey- I love your bike! And cute dog, too! Yes, wear him out, dogs can be obnoxious when you take them for long drives...

Ok, I've done my walk today- 70 minutes as I turned around to listen to one more song on my mp3 (the battery died as I turned back). Saw the first dead badger of the year (along my road, that is) which is one of the "best" evidence that summer has finally arrived...
It hit 77F today, and sunny, so I had no desire to be out more than necessarily, and since it was Sunday...I hit the bed and had the most wonderful nap.

Yapp, besides from tapping on my keyboard and watching some documentaries on TV, that's probably all I've done today...Yes, you may say it- I am lazy!

Have a nice Sunday y'all!

Old 06-03-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Slight pain...Please "the Ronz" (), can't you give this advice to my sensei in karate- he's killing me with his "it doesn't do anything unless you feel like you want to die"! It's true, after 90 minutes of "killing-workout", all I want to do is crawl under the water tap and just doze off to eternal sleep...
LOL! Me give HIM advice, can I please pass? I don't want to be karate kicked. Ninja kicked is bad enough... No.. No karate kicking please.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:39 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,406 times
Quote:
LOL! Me give HIM advice, can I please pass? I don't want to be karate kicked. Ninja kicked is bad enough... No.. No karate kicking please.
Oh...Pleeeeeeeeease?!!!!!!! I promise to TRY and protect you (LOL! As if! He's been training for 30 years or more and can kick though a wall! I'd probably just crawl under that water tap...)

And oh, I just saw I used the wrong word- I mean "pounding" the keyboard, not tapping it!
I really need to work on my English...Help, anyone?

(P.S. I'd better stop cruising on the CD now, my brother is sighing about the noice I make- he probably wants to go to sleep...He's got school tomorrow, but I'm free! Yey!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals