Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,101,735 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday

lol today is the day my friend comes over to "kick my butt" I mean show me a few new workouts

I am hoping to come up with a routine that is effective yet not to painful

Hubby went into the office today so I am going to get some of the noisy cleaning done before my friend shows up.

lol new neighborhood house color drama, one of the houses is being painted it is 3 yes 3 colors the main color is dark pumpkin the front 2 columns as well as the entrance and one wall next to the entrance is green and the trim is pale yellow

One of the board members lives next door so when she saw this she went to the presidents house to let him know. He went to their door and said "Your painting ?" The wife responded "isn't it obvious" he asked "did you submit your color request to the HOA board" her response was to slam the door in his face.
Yup she is getting a letter and I bet the phone lines to the property managers office will be ringing off the wall this morning

Why do people move into HOA communities knowing there are certain guidelines and then ignore them

OMG is it so awful (makes the periwinkle house from last years drama look normal) I had to drive C/D by to see it after I picked him up from the airport lol I said wait till you see this.

So how is everyone starting their week ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,220,946 times
Morning peeps!

OMG Karla! Someone is painting their house the colors of the outside, inside and stem of a pumpkin? Blech!

Glad to hear your DH is o.k. this morning.

Shadow & I have been for a soggy walk. It looks like the rain is over now, finally. The race got postponed to today, so Shadow will go to MIL's house again this afternoon.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,252,043 times
Karla, That house sounds like a pumpkin patch with daisies in the middle. Say, whatever happened with that periwinkle house anyway???

Your hubster must be feeling better. Remember to tell him "Don't make Pattie come up here!" That should scare him into making an appt.

Best of luck with your trainer. I'm trying to get my "Inner Trainer" to convince me to start exercising again. DH is supposed to be leaving a week from Wed. for his annual Northern Vacation, so if I don't start this week, maybe I'll get myself into gear next week, since I'll be on my own. Depending on Bumper's diagnosis, that is.

What'd C/D say when you showed him the pumpkin house???

Still raining here. It started last evening around 8:30. Around 4 this a.m., I got woken up by some big noises, and I thought a big thunderboomer was going to rumble thru, but it must have gone around us. It still made some nasty noises, tho. I bet wherever it was that it was nasty. I counted between lightening flashes and thunder and I never got closer than 1007.

Going to be a quiet, boring day I think. We're waiting for the vet to call about Bumps. I'm sure there'll be some holding down of the sofa, reading and maybe a Scrabble match later on today. I'm going to make a pork loin with some cabbage and carrots (sorry, Karla) this afternoon. Maybe use up a few strawberries and make a couple strawberry daiquiries.

Speaking of strawberries...did you read in the news about the strawberry farmers down here destroying their crops because the price of berries has dropped so much??? Well, how come they're charging $5 for a little quart of berries at the farmers' markets?? The news said they're only getting 25 cents per lb. instead of their usual $1. That does stink, but if they want to get rid of them, they could just give me a call. Seriously, tho, why not donate them to shelters or soup kitchens instead of just throwing them out? I'm sure those folks would love to have them. I understand their plight, but c'mon, folks.

OK, OK....I'm off my soap box.

Anyway, you all have a great day.

Karla, let us know how the hubster's doing, ok?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:04 AM

Evey, I think that's funny that Shadow has to go visit Gramma so you can watch your race. What a spoiled dog. Say, I thought of you and her the other day. We were at PetSmart and they had an "unstuffed animal" for dogs to play with so they can't tear out the stuffing. How cool is that???

Old 03-29-2010, 08:07 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,220,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Evey, I think that's funny that Shadow has to go visit Gramma so you can watch your race. What a spoiled dog. Say, I thought of you and her the other day. We were at PetSmart and they had an "unstuffed animal" for dogs to play with so they can't tear out the stuffing. How cool is that???
LOL Pattie! I have seen those toys. I am sure Shadow would look at me like "WTF? Someone already disemboweled this one!"

Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 AM

I know...that's exactly the face I pictured on here, too!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 AM

You know I was thinking the same thing
it would be a big pumpkin !!!

The periwinkle house well we are stuck with it since the one guy approved the color (needless to say he is no longer on ARC committee)
The HOA board went to him and offered to repaint at the HOA expense
The problem is the wife loves the color so .......

I haven't been able to call the Dr yet I was on the phone all morning taking care of some business for you know who lol think we have set a new record in how many times you need to have your debit card replaced in a 3 month period

Well we have a visitor my sister called this morning she is going to visit my niece in Charleston and her husband decided was going to go along so guess where her dog is staying lol

I knew they were going to leave her here this coming weekend when they go to my nephews for Easter so I told them just leave her why pick her up Wednesday just to bring her back Friday

lol I haven't mentioned to hubby that she came early

hmm wonder if he will notice when he gets home this afternoon

Old 03-29-2010, 08:56 AM

lol I have seen the flat unstuffed animals

I have done that when lola has unstuffed one of hers I pull the rest of the stuffing out then sew the seam closed. lol it is so funny watching her try to make it squeak and there is nothing there I get the "what did you do to my baby" look

Old 03-29-2010, 08:57 AM

Um, Karla, I think that might be a bit difficult to miss an extra dog.....

Oh, we need pictures of these houses.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,330,423 times
Maybe she thinks she's Cinderella going off to the ball in a pumpkin carriage or maybe she was on some bad medicine or maybe she ate some Friskie's cat food and was in lala land.
I've seen the unstuffed toys on tv and my dogs would be more interested in tearing the sqeaky thing out of it.
Nothing going on here today. I did dust and Charlie vacummed. His mom and sister are coming tomorrow for a visit and bringing lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals