Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Yay it is the weekend !!!

It is suppose to be 80 and sunny all day
I have two must dos on the list get the oil changed in the Acura ( the little message keeps flashing that I am 300 miles over )
and go to the grocery store

Other than that I am not sure what we are going to do for the rest of the day

Hmm maybe we can drop the Acura off and go to breakfast lol thats a good start

What is on your list for today ?

I saw that pattie is going to be volunteering with the Candlelighters
hey Pattie whats a Candlelighter ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 06:36 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
I wondered that too Karla!
Morning, I am dragging my tail after being up at 2 last night and playing for 1 1/2 hour on the puter. Cassy still wants me to get up early no matter what (and I can't complain for a 14 year old dog to last 9 hours overnight).
Not sure what today is going to bring. It is nice out and I do have chores to do but I really feel like getting a book and laying out at the pool. So we will see!
I'll stop back later. Thanks everyone for the well wishes for hubby

Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk this morning. Not sure if it will be the beach or the dog park later. We went to the beach yesterday but the wind was blowing and she was freaking out about the chop. I asked her if she wanted to go to the dog park instead and she bolted for the truck. Normally I have to pretend to drive away to get her anywhere near the truck when we go to the beach, so I know she was really not liking it there yesterday. She's lucky I wasn't in my bathing suit......

DH & I are thinking about going to see Clash Of The Titans today, but we are in a major disagreement about which showing. It is amazing how when your relationship is crumbling any stupid little thing becomes fuel for a fight.

I for one, am tired of the battle. DH & I have decided to sell this house & go our separate ways. Ugh! Just what I want to do, sell another house and move again. *sighs* At least there is light at the end of the tunnel now. Shadow & I will move back to Indiana when this all shakes out.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Evey I am so sorry about you and hubby, but I also know you have missed Indiana terribly since moving to FL.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Hi, all.

I'm sorry, I thought I'd explained Candlelighters to you ladies.

It's a local group that helps out sick kids and their families. Once a year, our community hosts a day for them. The kids and their entire families are invited and we turn the community over to them. The only thing off limits is the pool, because of liability issues. We set up all sorts of things - craft tables, face painting, Ronald McDonald, a magician, karaoke, an ice cream parlor, free lunch (hot dogs, burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets, fries and cookies). We were in charge of the bouncy room. THe local fire dept. was there with a big truck and a cute little radio-controlled truck that looked like a cartoon fire truck with the eyes. The little bugger would go around and squirt people, make the lights and siren go - neat. The local "Blue Knights" motorcycle club was there, giving kids rides on their bikes. WHat was really neat was I was working the bouncy thing with this couple I know from our coffees. Helen (the wife) turns 80 this coming Tuesday. Well, she saw the bikers and said she'd never been on a motorcycle and always wanted to try it. I said, well, here's your chance. SHe said they wouldn't do it for her. I told her, "you know, they're here and there are a lot of them that don't have anything to do right now, so I bet you if you went over there, you'd end up on the back of one of those bikes." Well, sure enough, she got this big s**t-eating grin on her face and off she went. Next thing I know, she's on the back of a bike and her husband Larry asks me if I've seen Helen. "Yep. If you look over there, you'll see her on the back of that motorcycle." He couldn't believe it. She gave a big old wave and off she went. She said it was her b'day present to herself for her 80th b'day. ONe of the "official" photographers got her picture and it'll be in our monthly newsletter, I'm sure. He promised Larry he'd give him the photo after it gets printed. I'm so glad she did it.

Evey, you hang in there, gal. If you need anything, you know where we are.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:04 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Hi all.

Evey, sorry you're going through this again with the hubby.
Pattie, I think that's a neat thing to do and volunteer for. It's nice to help others.
I got a pedicure today so now I have pretty feet for sandals and my toenails are short finally. She also told me that when I start chemo, she will cut my hair as short as I want it so when I lose it, it won't be as devastating.
Nothing else going on here. It's been raining and damp so I want to just curl up and eat popcorn.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I should get a pedi. THey're so relaxing.

We're scheduled for some rain over the next few days too.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:42 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
I am so glad that everyday I get to spend a few moments with such wonderful people... you guys! Everyone is so different, but you all have so much to give in your own way. Thanks for making a difference to my day.

Evey hang in there. Might not be there in person, but sometimes it's nice to know there's a virtual shoulder you can lean on.

I got blown clear out of the gravity pull today. It has been so windy! Hubster helped me this morning in the garden, then we had Scout stuff. After that we went and bought a trailer, so my gardening projects are going to move along a lot faster. Well, as fast as I can dig, and drive to and from the nursery with my shrubs, trees and flowers! Karla, I will post some photos once I get further along.

Well, off to have a few glasses of vino. Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Evey I am sorry your going through this but I know how happy you were in Indiana and just remember you have a great support system there and here
How funny that Shadow knows "dog park" the only thing that gets our 2 excited is "green bean" or "whos hungry" oh lol and if I ask hubby if he is hungry they think it means they eat again

pattie the group and your day sounds amazing !!! What a wonderful day for the kids and their families
Give me 6 weeks notice next year and I will send you the makings to have a table where the kids can make radish seed necklaces it has always been a big hit at the fair we have each year

Helen sounds so much fun what a great B-day present one she will always remember and I bet the bike owner got a kick out of making her day

Sandy the book & pool should always trump chores around the house The kids tried getting us up at 1:45 I think they heard some activity in the back yard I shut the sliding door and told then go back to bed
lol as you can tell that worked for almost 2 hours

Cheryl your toes are looking good I love the color mine are desperate looking I think I need to go get mine done this week

Sue I had to chuckle over the "I got blown clear out of the gravity pull today" line may have to borrow it on our next windy day
omg I would be in so much trouble if we had a trailer now that i want to redo my front gardens
You know I was thinking many of the nurseries here give a 10% master Gardener discount I wonder if any of the ones by you do the same thing , if so I could maybe call and say I am consulting on your garden project and being a MG would they extend the discount
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals