Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

well I am awake woke up with the dogs
I somehow see a nap happening later today

I ended up getting 2 of the items I wanted the $500 gift certificate to the local Aucra dealer that I can use for service on either our Acrua or the 4 Runner
I also got the facial

A few of the items went for way more than their value the lime tree which had a value of $40 went for $65 the Majesty Palm went for $40 (value $20)
there were a couple of bidding wars on a few items

The signed football went for $300 and the lunch went for $250 !!!

The food was really really good, they had cheese grits (its a southern thing to have grits with seafood) that were amazing I think I am going to have to learn how to make these
and then there was the apple cobbler !!!

lol with all the walking I did (in heels between setup and the event I think I burned off all the calories

Heading to breakfast in a bit then to the grocery store

I can not wait till this week when for the first time since October I have nothing to do !!! No school no fundraising what ever will I do

OOO !!! before I forget I found a Deli in Palm Coast (40 mins south) that makes real up north bagels they boil them before baking
I am going to take a ride down this week to check them out !!
Can you imagine if they are like the real thing I won't have worry about asking relatives " can you bring me bagels" every time they head up north !!!

So what are your plans for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Karla, it sounds like a great evening. Congratulations. Take the day off - you deserve it!

Wow....real bagels in Florida! Who'da thunk???

Not sure what's going on today. DH said he's not going to B&N today, so I'll have company around the house. I'd like to do some laundry and, if the rain holds off, maybe spend a little time at the pool.

A lot of cooking was done at the NMS household yesterday. DH got a recipe for lumpia (an Indonesian spring roll type thing)and we made some earlier in the week. Well, we had enough of most of the stuff to make more and freeze them, so he did that yesteray - made 30 rolls and froze them. While he was doing that, I boiled up the remaining turkey breast we had in teh fridge and shredded it. Today, I'll put it back on the stove, add some veggies (carrots, celery, onion and peas), then top it with some drop biscuits (thanks to BIsquick) and throw it in the oven. That'll be dinner. For dinner yesterday, DH had some beautiful boneless pork chops from Sweetbay. He cut a pocket in them and filled them with spinach, feta cheese, some grated cheese blend, tomatoes and some other stuff like garlic and who knows what else. Then he put them on the broiler pan, basted them with a garlic/mustard/herb thing and broiled them. Meanwhile, I made some rice and opened a can of beets. He does that - fixes the main dish and forgets about sides till the main thing is 2 min. from being done. then he says to me, "whadya want with this??" Oh. I thought YOU were making dinner. I'm learning. Anyway, it was to die for.

So, you all have a great day. I'll chat with you later.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Wow Pattie, I wish Bob cooked! He does grill though and we had wonderful steaks last night. Anyway it sounds like your dinner was great!
Karla, glad you have some you time, that is what summer is about Not like you won't be busy with C/D and all, come to think of it is he really going ahead with the move? To TX?
We have Church this morning and more of the hanging stuff (I only have a few things left), then on to laundry and other non fun stuff. I did get two new Patterson books yesterday at Costco so I have reading material for a little bit.
Still having connection issues, this dang thing just cuts off the Internet when it wants to. I thought I could fix it, but I will have to contact AT&T this afternoon, I dread that.......probably end up costing money for another modum and it worked just fine until the move We will see.
Gotta go, Cassy has already been out for her morning sniff walk. Oh she took off on Bob on Friday! He was sitting outside with her and all of a sudden her ears went up and she raced over to the old building......Bob said he didn't think she still had that type of run left in her! Course when he caught her she thought she was in trouble and would not move, he had to carry her back. Now he knows, don't trust her outside without her leash!
Have a great day gals.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Morning peeps!

LOL Sandy! Shadow does that same thing when she knows she has done something she is not supposed to and suspects that she may be in trouble. She rolls onto her back and gives you a 1/2 rub my belly and 1/2 don't beat me (like she has ever been beaten in her entire life). Makes me crazy!

Shadow & I have been for a lovely walk this morning. She will be heading to MIL's with DH so I can watch the race.

I see some laundry in my future......

Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 AM

yay there are groceries in the house !!
I got a carton of that Almond milk I keep seeing the ads for only 60 calories a glass ans suppose to be full of antioxidants

Sandy not sure where he is going to end up he has taken a break from interviewing for a couple weeks to take care of a couple things in TX which is where he is from. He said he will be back in about 10 days in the mean time my buddy is getting really spoiled between me & his friend who is staying at the house.

I thought about mowing the lawn but didn't get any farther than thinking about it I am "plum wore out" I had forgotten how mentally draining the fundraiser is between making sure everyone is having a good time and doing the different auctions and doing so much "official socializing"
I already warned hubby with 4 hours sleep Fri & sat night I may doze during movies today and to just leave me be

Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 AM

update
ewwwwww the almond milk is nasty !!!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Good morning!

I went for my run this morning (3/3 of week 2) and made it in 15 minutes and 0.25 sec. I wanted to break that 15 min time but just missed it. I think this is actually the fourth week I have been running, but last week I fell and took the rest of the week off, and the very first week I started in the middle, so I didn't count that one. This is my second full week. It's a 15-week regimen that I want to complete before September, and I gave myself some extra time just in case. 13 more weeks from now puts me in the middle of August.

I am going to expand my run a little bit next week and add another block. I plotted the route I take now on Yahoo Maps so I would know how far it was; Yahoo said 1.5 miles. I plotted my new route (which is the same, just with another block) on Google Maps just now, and it says THAT is 1.5 miles. Argh!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:06 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Good going JustJulia! So, you missed it by a quarter of a second or by 25 seconds? Either way, that's impressive. My son used to run a route he measured out, and try to beat his time and I know from just being the timekeeper, it's pretty frustrating sometimes. To me, running is only for emergencies!

Today I did the ten minute cardio blast and my little 3-legged buddy showed up, boy he's had bad timing lately. Now I am going to try to rearrange my flowers some. We have a real clash of colors going on out there.

Pattie, your husband sounds like quite the chef! I think it's so cool when guys like to cook. My dad did, and boy was he good at it!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:48 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Karla, thanks for the heads up on the almond milk. Think I'll stick to the grapefruit vodka!

Way to go, JJ. Soon, you'll be down way below 15 min., I'm sure.

Fuzzy, that's so nice you take care of the amputee. You're a good "auntie".

DH's cooking is funny. He would hardly cook at all until recently. Now, I can barely get him out of the kitchen. He used to cook for his first wife and her 2 daughters, but they wouldn't show up for dinner, so he quit and didn't start cooking for us until I had my shoulder fixed about 18 months ago. Now, you can't stop him!

Sandy, my DH had to chase our cat around the house yesterday. He takes her out for a "walk" and lets her get down on the ground. Men are soooo dumb, I tell ya. And when she runs, he chases her. Well, that gets her more scared. Gotta love 'em, I swear.

Yeh, Evey, I could tell Shadow is very mistreated.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,222,319 times
Lol, Evey I know that look! Cassy was famous for it, now she just looks at us with her big brown eyes and our hearts melt.
Oh, forgot to tell you Karla, Palm Coast is where Bob's parents live!!! It has grown so much since they moved.
Pattie, will your cat walk on a leash?
Jeeze JJ you are kicking some serious exercise butt! Keep it up.
Have a good one guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals