Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times

Advertisements

Hello Wednesday! As usual, we want to know what you're eating today. In addition, tell us if you have a "cut-off" time for eating everyday. I used to finish at seven o'clock everyday, but have majorly slacked on that. I'm wondering if anyone else does this???

Fabulous Food Fact: Nuts can lower your cholesteral, help you lose weight, and reduce risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. Source (http://www.calorieking.com/library/articles/Nuts-to-You_Y2lkPTEyJnBpZD05Miw4MCZhaWQ9NzQ4.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Helloooooooooooo.

Yep, already had my - guess - oatmeal, raisin, cinnamon sugar, w/ butter, and that 2nd cup of coffee!

I am usually done with the evening food by 8 pm. By the time I get home, I have to feed the cats first or they won't let me walk. Then the dogs. THEN I can start on something for me. So by the time I've cleaned up from the pets, it's already after 6 - 6:15 pm.

There's nothing like having 7 pairs of eyes looking at you waiting for THEIR meal!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:36 AM

Remember yesterday I posted about my friend and the diet book? I had emailed her and this was her answer.

The book will be called The Diet Selector and should be out soon. There were a few good plans in there, like the Mediterranean, the Asian, the Latin Food Guides, and for weight loss.
Change One, French Woman's, Secrets of Good Carb/Low Carb, Fat is Not Your Fate I think got good ratings. JR

Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,958 times
Good morning!

I have a cut off time too. It is 7:00 pm. I started doing that last year when I began my diet and it really helped me. At first my cut off was 6:00 pm but I got hungry by 9 so I upped it to 7.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:21 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
I generally don't stop to think about what time it is when I eat.. until after I eat. It really grated on my nerves, hehe.. so yes, like many of the APs, I set 7pm for a good cutoff time. I make an exception for last night, I went and visited my older brother's new "flat" and we had sort of a house warming party for him. it ran kind of late.. and involved lots of pizza .. but over all it was tons of fun.

I was celebrating in my own special way for two reasons!!!

1) I got my first lime brick last night
2) I pulled out a pair of jeans from the pile in my room of "haven't fit it in years give up and downsize your wardrobe already" ...AND THEY FIT!!!!

It is progress. granted...after all that pizza I don't wanna try them on again just yet, hehe.. but it is progress none-the-less!!

That got long and irelavent to the topic in question, so as far as food goes, I'm strictly on liquids only, ...I may be going out with my mom later today though for dinner. stay tuned

Old 08-22-2007, 11:28 AM

Okay... until I finish my menu, I'm just trying to count calories as I go. So far I've had:
1 cup oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and a splash of milk
nectarine
rice cake (wholegrain)
Yougart
water

AK! Doing the party dance for you!!!

Thanks for the diet book recommendations, vp!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM

After breakfast today, I've already had a turkey w/ one slice american cheese on whole wheat bread, a banana, a choc. biscotti (I bought one of those huge containers in Costco about a month ago and just cannot throw it away).

AND, I've had 12 ounces of water and have been to the bathroom 6 times, in about 3 hours I think.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:55 AM

Woo Hoo for water, vp!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Woo Hoo for water, vp!!!
I;ve been planning my drive home, trying to think of all the clean bathrooms I could pull into!

Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
vpcats, your system will adjust to the water. I promise.

I try to eat something about every 4 hours. I do not have a cut off, but there are certain things I will not eat after about 8:00.

I have had 2 large cups of hot tea, one banana, one Marie Callendar's Chicken & Noodles, one bite sized milky way, and 4 16.9 ounce bottles of water.

Dinner is going to be bacon & eggs. I defy them to find a green veggie that "goes" with bacon & eggs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals