Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,346,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
A weigh-in thread
A plan/goal thread
A recipes thread
Our regular exercise/food journals

I've also eaten raspberries and those gross puffs I had yesterday. I'll be eating a veggie and tri-colored pasta salad in a few...
welllll .... they already have lots of established recipe things on the "Food and Drink" forum, above Health and Wellness. so that might be kinda mixing both worlds there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 12:37 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,595,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I think leavingcali had the idea of doing a weigh in. What do you think of having a sticky thread for our plans/goals (where we are... where we want to be... how we'll do it... when we'll do it by). We could continually update it as we lose the inches/weight, or should this be separate? Or too complicated. Overall, we've proposed:

A weigh-in thread
A plan/goal thread
A recipes thread
Our regular exercise/food journals

I've also eaten raspberries and those gross puffs I had yesterday. I'll be eating a veggie and tri-colored pasta salad in a few...
I think those who have a specific weight goal, the weigh-in thread may be good, along with maintainence, like this thread, just to be accountable for what we eat. For those that don't want to keep track of weight loss, but are working on a lifestyle change (eating better foods), then this thread is perfect! P.S. I wouldn't mind a binge day, now and then...think you really need that. Jeannie

Old 08-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,124,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Kitten View Post
LOL I've thought about trail mix or something.. but it seems a little messy.
I popped a piece of mint gum a little while back, and that seems to be working great at keeping me distracted. Oh well, tomorrow is another day... I hear other people saying if it's killing you that much, just have the donut, (or the mini milkyway bar piece, in my example) ...but I wasn't eating it cause I wanted it . I ate it cause I was mad and having a bad day. hehe, lessons we learn the hard way : getting mad and eating just makes you madder!

Perhaps to rectify this I can push the truck home, instead of steering it.

..on the bright side, I don't know if any of you are regulars in the pets forum, but over the weekend we got a new baby bouncing puppy floppy eared floppy pawed beagle !!!! I forsee long energetic (rather high-paced) walks with him till he gets used to the neighborhood. woo !!! Maybe I can walk off some of the candy bowl. HAHA

(((hugs))) thanks for the support as always guys. and I agree with the APs, the thread feels good in the new home.

Can I help you push??? I need to hit/push/shove something right now!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM

788 posts, read 4,061,085 times
Oops...I started a tread to see if anyone wanted to do the weekly weigh-in with me before I read this one...

I would love a healthy recipe/daily menu thread, plus maybe a goals thread.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:48 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times
hi all crazy crazy day see the details on the exercise thread

I realized around 2:30 that I hadn't eaten anything so grabbed a glass of milk in between errands.
about 5 lol realized I better eat something so had a big bowl of special k with red things. and I shared a snack size pack of ritz peanut butter cracker with Lola
did have about 3 waters
and of course my dose of 12 dark chocolate M&Ms for the antioxidants

I am so tired I think I am going to head for bed it will be weird not having one of the greyhounds in the bed .
poor lola keeps wandering around looking for them lol I told her they were on vacation (I don't boards them all at the same place) and she was goign tomorrow

see you all in the am

karla

Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,595,280 times
Hi everyone,

Well, since the oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast....

vanilla non-fat yogurt with grape-nuts

Fuddruckers for dinner....a big ostrich burger with tons of pickles and ketchup
diet soda

1+ liters of water

daily vitamins

Tomorrow back to work........ Jeannie

Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,439,230 times
I had a tropical fruit salad with brown rice and chicken breast for dinner.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:52 PM

72,338 posts, read 18,161,780 times
I totally ate tooo much today

Morning I had cereal and milk,that was normal

At noon,I had to meet a client,we went to a noodle place,I had beef noodle,plus water boiled dumplins,and fried dumplins....lol tooo much,

And at Whole Foods store there is a salad line,they had grape leaves and mediteranian food,I bought lots of food to take home to eat tonight, only ate some because I was still stuffed from noon.feeling real stuffy now!

Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,203,991 times
New home, looks nice and great ideas. I agree with the recipe trade, love recipes and like to find new ones.

I've been doing well on the healthy diet, except I had about 20 spree candies.

Today was breakfast:
Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. 4 cups of coffee w cream.

Lunch was a weight watcher pizza and a diet soda.

Snack was 20 candies

Dinner consisted of cheerio cereal. I didn't have the time to cook anything and really did not feel much like it after the candy attack.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 PM

292 posts, read 991,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Fuddruckers for dinner....a big ostrich burger with tons of pickles and ketchup
Jeannie
I'm not trying to ba a smarty here, I'm curious, is that real ostrich meat in the ostrich burger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals