Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 08:44 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,686,193 times

Advertisements

My tiredness is due to old age I figured this out by my self and saved a Dr's bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
It can take that long or longer to improve. It's about time to have your labs done again to see if the meds have improved your thyroid levels or if your dosage should be increased.Good luck
I agree that it would be prudent to get your thyroid levels rechecked. Your dosage may need to be increased.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM

178 posts, read 355,287 times
There can possibly be so many reasons. some common factors are: what you eat? if you consume a large amount of caffiene and sugar, it will make your blood sugar to get fluctuated widly, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, deficiency of your daily nutrients like potassium, calcium, vitamin D and iron are also some of the factors that causes tiredness.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:34 AM

757 posts, read 1,024,330 times
Hope it doesn’t make you feel too bad. You’re not alone. I’ve been suffering from chronic sleep disorder for more than 10 years. I feel exhausted everyday starting from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed, and the vicious cycle continues. Worst thing is I have no cure for it. I hope your situation has been improved since your original post from last year.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:37 AM

11 posts, read 4,064 times
Default benkrock

The same thing was happening with my brother. He had a vitamin D deficiency.

Old 10-23-2021, 01:21 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Hope it doesn’t make you feel too bad. You’re not alone. I’ve been suffering from chronic sleep disorder for more than 10 years. I feel exhausted everyday starting from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed, and the vicious cycle continues. Worst thing is I have no cure for it. I hope your situation has been improved since your original post from last year.
I have a sleep combo in Alt Med that I use and it gives me 8-10 hrs of good dreamy sleep. My sleep issues came on about 20 yrs ago with Fibro dx and this was after menopause.

Old 10-23-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkrock View Post
The same thing was happening with my brother. He had a vitamin D deficiency.
Millions are deficient and I believe many would still be alive today with this Virus that's gone thru the world if their D levels were close to optimal.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-23-2021 at 01:37 PM..

Old 10-23-2021, 08:58 PM

Here is another thought: Potassium Deficiency.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/supp...potassium.html

Old 10-23-2021, 09:29 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
You cant just pay a $20 video visit for your problem,you need to go to a doctor office and let him give you test .
Underactive thyroid can make you drowsy,worse a person can slip into coma,but since you can work and post here,it is not that bad.
If you do have hypothyroid,taking thyroid medicine,you should see almost immediate result,you dont have to wait days,what is the dosage,10,25,50,100 mcg?
Besides thyroid ,you may be lacking vitamins and minerals essential for you to function -D is one.
Someone mentioned potassiium,too much of that could also make you drowsy,when I was using potassium chloride for my water softener,I feel drowsy during the day and was dozing off in doctor office when A/C blasting away at 11 am
You probably need multiple vitamins daily,a doctor can prescribe or you can buy it yourself,SOLGAR is a good brand,pricier than others but natural ingredients .
Besides vitamins,it would also give you iron,calcium,magnesium,read the label,I know mine has iodine as well,so if you take synthroid and then take multiple vitamin,you could be taking too much iodine.
come back and tell us how it goes,
as for mattress,I know some folks sleep on hardwood floor to straigthen their back problem,mattress may not be your problem.
what do you eat for lunch and dinner?

Old 10-23-2021, 09:38 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
It takes very little iodine for the thyroid gland to make thyroxin,and table salt these days have iodine.
Food comes from all over the world,some could be grown in places near ocean,so I suspect the problem is not iodine,it could be our thyroid gland.
Would you by any chance come into contact with mercury?
Someone suggested certain food,forget the term but some food interfere with the thyroid gland to function well-bamboo shoot,raw broccoli come to mind.
I found out the hard way,once I decide to eat nothing but edame(soybean with pod) and that makes my thyroid gland stop functioning,
some members here are medical personnel,may be they can shed more light
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals