U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:29 AM

7,574 posts, read 9,718,917 times

Advertisements

Good morning! So, as the countdown continues, does anyone have one special Christmas memory? It could be a specific event or just one special day. One special moment was a Christmas when my oldest son got his first set of trains, Brio trainset...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/100_9709.jpg (broken link)...He was just mesmerized by them and until this day, he has become a real train buff, Lionel in particuliar...http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...fset=20...even has a Lionel track running his length of his bedroom on the ceiling. Anyone else? Coffee with splenda and soymilk so far......have a great day! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/christmas200661.gif (broken link) Jeannie

Last edited by jeannie216; 12-20-2007 at 06:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 07:33 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,873,308 times
Any Christmas that I don't have to leave home is a special Christmas.

coffee and milk (1)
banana (1)
vanilla pudding cup (3)
I am planning to go make another cup of coffee (1)

Old 12-20-2007, 07:42 AM

yes, I agree. When my 2 oldest boys were little, I was always the one shuffling the little guys all over creation. Exhausting for all three of us. Now, we're usually home for Christmas Eve and my MIL's on Christmas Day in the afternoon....thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Any Christmas that I don't have to leave home is a special Christmas.

coffee and milk (1)
banana (1)
vanilla pudding cup (3)
I am planning to go make another cup of coffee (1)

Old 12-20-2007, 08:47 AM

66,456 posts, read 16,366,589 times
That's a great video,love trains!when I was little my dad bought trains.I love playing with trains.It brought back memories

Leaving tomorrow morning and coming back on the 26th.Going up to San Jose area with mom and sister to stay with my niece and family. I'll be back to post some pic.

soy milk and oatbran with blueberrries

Old 12-20-2007, 10:07 AM

yes Izzy, please do and enjoy your holiday!

oatmeal with fresh blueberries
water with lemon
supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
That's a great video,love trains!when I was little my dad bought trains.I love playing with trains.It brought back memories

Leaving tomorrow morning and coming back on the 26th.Going up to San Jose area with mom and sister to stay with my niece and family. I'll be back to post some pic.

soy milk and oatbran with blueberrries

Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 AM
NCN

My son got a train every Christmas for between five to seven years. We started out small and ended up with something so complex that it was almost too hard to put together. That was the last one. The one toy I remember most was a Tonka dump truck my brother gave him and he broke it. My son broke a Tonka truck! That still amazes me. He was about 2 years old when he did this.

5 cheese salsa meatballs (I counted them as five, I never go above one point for a meatball.)
cucumber slices and a bite of lettuce and a bite of tomato. Just didn't want a salad. I guess I was full from the meatballs. They were so good!
Coffee and milk (1)

Have you figured out yet that I try to plan 6 point meals. If lunch or dinner is going to be more I just have a banana for breakfast.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:04 AM

13,473 posts, read 4,698,979 times
Izzy, have fun on your trip! Get back well and post pics soon!

The one Christmas encounter I remember best is when I was about 12 or 13. We were all at my grandparents' house and had a Santa coming over to surprise all the kids (me and all my cousins - 3 boys and 4 girls). One cousin, he was about 6 that Christmas, said it wouldn't be too bad to not get any presents . Everybody knew that so Santa only brought him a fir branch and some coals. Of course he also had a present with him but he only gave the coals and branch to him and continued with gifts for the others. My cousin cried so hard and was so dissapointed. I just cannot forget it...

No breakfast.
Pasta with fresh tomatoe sauce and a small piece of turkey breast for lunch.
Some ice cream with cream and chocolate sauce at 4 p.m.

Dinner will be some more pasta with tomatoe sauce.

Have a great evening all!
Diana

Old 12-20-2007, 05:11 PM
NCN

I hope everybody has a wonderful Christmas and that THIS is the best Christmas ever.
Mesquite Chicken breast (3)
leftover stir-fried onion, potato and broccoli--steamed to heat it up (4)
orange (1)
5 crackers (2)
coffee and milk (1)

Found out just now the baby expected in May is going to be a girl. That makes three girls.

Last edited by NCN; 12-20-2007 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Just got a news flash and want to share.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:51 PM

66,456 posts, read 16,366,589 times
Chicken penne,toast

Tuna salad with mixed nuts

See ya next week after Wednesday!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:31 AM

Yes NCN, the point system worked great for me also. When my eating was out of control, it helped me to know that if I was good for a meal I could always endulge with another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
My son got a train every Christmas for between five to seven years. We started out small and ended up with something so complex that it was almost too hard to put together. That was the last one. The one toy I remember most was a Tonka dump truck my brother gave him and he broke it. My son broke a Tonka truck! That still amazes me. He was about 2 years old when he did this.

5 cheese salsa meatballs (I counted them as five, I never go above one point for a meatball.)
cucumber slices and a bite of lettuce and a bite of tomato. Just didn't want a salad. I guess I was full from the meatballs. They were so good!
Coffee and milk (1)

Have you figured out yet that I try to plan 6 point meals. If lunch or dinner is going to be more I just have a banana for breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or