U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 AM
 
Location: beautiful North Carolina
7,574 posts, read 9,719,485 times
Reputation: 5505

Advertisements

Good morning! Thought it would be fun to try sharing some healthy eating secrets with each other. Something that you eat, supplement, preparation, anything that you add to your regular routine that you feel is a health benefit. I would like to share my Omega-3 fish oil supplement, Coromega. Great taste, one a day, and tons of health benefits. Coffee with splenda and soymilk so far...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/11_6_8.gif (broken link)Have a great day! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/13656.gif (broken link) Jeannie

Last edited by jeannie216; 01-19-2008 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:48 AM
 
Location: California
66,461 posts, read 16,367,915 times
Reputation: 40585
I take Omega-3 supplements and it's still too early to talk about it...

soymilk blueberries,oatmeal. wheat toast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 08:18 AM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,875,914 times
Reputation: 23217
I sometimes use 81 aspirin to keep my blood thin. Sometimes it gets too thin and I have to stop for a while. I use the Bayer kind that has calcium with it. I have bone issues, so the doctor wants me to take calcium and lift weights besides the water exercises. I also take a daily vitamin and another calcium, magnesium and zinc tablet. I recently found a protein bar that has 20 grams of protein. I use this when I am not in the mood to eat meat, or I think I need more protein.

2 coffees and milk
protein bar
banana

It is so pretty outside. If you want to have fun, go to the North Carolina, Alabama, etc. threads and see the snow posts. You can click on my posts to find them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,875,914 times
Reputation: 23217
Vegetable soup and hushpuppies
Coffee and milk

Last night my back yard looked like a Christmas card. We have a night light outside and it was shinning down on the snowy yard and trees. Winter Wonderland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 AM
 
Location: beautiful North Carolina
7,574 posts, read 9,719,485 times
Reputation: 5505
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Vegetable soup and hushpuppies
Coffee and milk

Last night my back yard looked like a Christmas card. We have a night light outside and it was shinning down on the snowy yard and trees. Winter Wonderland.
wow, maybe more snow there than here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 10:28 AM
 
Location: beautiful North Carolina
7,574 posts, read 9,719,485 times
Reputation: 5505
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
I sometimes use 81 aspirin to keep my blood thin. Sometimes it gets too thin and I have to stop for a while. I use the Bayer kind that has calcium with it. I have bone issues, so the doctor wants me to take calcium and lift weights besides the water exercises. I also take a daily vitamin and another calcium, magnesium and zinc tablet. I recently found a protein bar that has 20 grams of protein. I use this when I am not in the mood to eat meat, or I think I need more protein.

2 coffees and milk
protein bar
banana

It is so pretty outside. If you want to have fun, go to the North Carolina, Alabama, etc. threads and see the snow posts. You can click on my posts to find them.
yes, I've heard great things about taking aspirin NCN. I've heard some take the adult while others take the baby aspirin.

oatmeal with fresh blueberries
supplements
water with lemons
1 small orange
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,875,914 times
Reputation: 23217
We had enough snow to cover the grass and trees, but our patio never got white. When the patio gets white, we know it is sticking on the roads. Roads are fine if they don't freeze tonight. Our snows usually come from Atlanta. If it comes across the mountains, we don't usually get much because the mountains knock the moisture out of the clouds. People from the North get really amused at the way we Southerners act when snow is on the way. Everybody runs to the grocery store for bread and milk--even if you have some already. On one of the threads, I told someone that our Winter lasts from January 15 to February 15. That was pretty much on target.

Apple
5 slices chopped ham--gave the rest of it to the cat because she likes people food
Lettuce and salad leftovers and Olive Garden salad dressing--finished up the dressing too
French bread
coffee and milk
orange
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
 
Location: beautiful North Carolina
7,574 posts, read 9,719,485 times
Reputation: 5505
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
We had enough snow to cover the grass and trees, but our patio never got white. When the patio gets white, we know it is sticking on the roads. Roads are fine if they don't freeze tonight. Our snows usually come from Atlanta. If it comes across the mountains, we don't usually get much because the mountains knock the moisture out of the clouds. People from the North get really amused at the way we Southerners act when snow is on the way. Everybody runs to the grocery store for bread and milk--even if you have some already. On one of the threads, I told someone that our Winter lasts from January 15 to February 15. That was pretty much on target.

Apple
5 slices chopped ham--gave the rest of it to the cat because she likes people food
Lettuce and salad leftovers and Olive Garden salad dressing--finished up the dressing too
French bread
coffee and milk
orange
Don't let those Northerners fool ya...I'll be the first one at the grocery store on line for milk and bread....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,875,914 times
Reputation: 23217
Jeannie, what is really funny is that they think they will be able to drive in the snow down here. Not! It is a little hard to drive when other cars are blocking the road. lol
We have a relative who has to be at work because she is a nurse. The fire department, the police department, or the national guard will come and pick her up with four wheel drive vehicles when it is too bad for her to drive herself. I thought that was neat.

I checked two books out at the library recently. One is The Perricone Promise and the other The Perricone Prescription and both are by Dr. Nicholas Perricone. These books are supposed to tell you what to eat to get rid of wrinkles and look younger.

What I have learned about the aspirin is that you really don't have to take as much medicine as you think for joint pain. 81 mg. of aspirin is enough to ease joint pain. I found this out accidently. I had taken some pretty powerful prescription pain medicine in the past. The pain must come from the swelling and the 81 mg of aspirin shrinks the swelling. And I was taking it as a blood thinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2008, 05:30 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,875,914 times
Reputation: 23217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Don't let those Northerners fool ya...I'll be the first one at the grocery store on line for milk and bread....
With four children, I bet you would. How many loaves and gallons a week do you have to buy? Adults can rough it, but you kinda have to keep food for children. I got an extra gallon of milk and a loaf of bread this time because I just didn't want to have to go out. What is the use in being retired if you live life like you used to? I have been staying on city-data all day instead of eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top