Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 04:29 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

Good morning,

What I love about this food forum is it helps me to be accountable for what I eat. Although we all have our days, and some days we should have like "give yourself a break" day, but when I get into a slump, it helps to come here and talk through it with the rest of the group. Well, here I am, letting the stress get to me so today, going to try and get back on track. Yesterday brought some upsetting news for us, the septic failed and needs to be replaced, about 20K to be exact. This can be paid at the closing but really puts us in a jam financially. Now, as I see it we have one of two choices. Continue with the transaction, the couple is still very much interested, why wouldn't they, getting a brand new septic and a house for dirt cheap? Or, take it off the market list the house for a bit more HOPING to even get an offer and make a little more on the deal. Personally, I just want to cut our losses and run. If we stay, we just don't know how long this whole process will take and my son will be in middle school in the fall. Thoughts...
Coffee with fructose and soymilk so far...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Coffee-3.gif (broken link)have a great day! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Saturday-1-1.jpg (broken link) Jeannie

Last edited by jeannie216; 01-19-2008 at 06:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Jeannie,take the money and run! Get yourself a brand new set of ideas now!

Last night was a Kiwanis Chinese party.It's hard to get everyone physically together,(it's hard to get everyone here at the same time too!) I will post pictures later,it's too early in the month for a chinese celebration.
Mostly Cantonese style seafood. I didn't eat the Lobster and other high cholesterol food. But we had red bags with a dollar in it and some lucky chinese writings to go with it. I will post it sometime

egg whites on sesame bun and soy milk

Old 01-19-2008, 11:35 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Jeannie, I clicked on your posts to find today's journal and ran into that septic thing. Boy! That's all I have to say about that situation, besides what I have already said. I am getting the feeling these people came down on the price the amount it would take to bring your home to a perfect condition and now they want you to pay for the repairs too. We need another day off after this. lol

My back is giving me a fit. I think I overdid it on the weights Thursday. Dh went back to exercise today (no snow yet, just rain) and I lay in bed with the massage going (love my bed) and then did my exercises to prevent back spasms. About two years ago I had a really bad time with my back and ended up in physical therapy for a month. I did not know what sick was until I went through that. I lost 10 pounds in two weeks because it was just too painful to get up to eat. I had to take showers because I was too weak to get out of the bathtub. I was released with exercises to do every day and I have not been doing them. Cold weather seems to be connected to this problem. I thought I was cured. I am going to try to get a couple of loads of laundry done and the house vacuumed today and rest in bed. I made biscuits, eggs and cream gravy. I also ate them. See you Monday unless we are snowed in tomorrow morning. Sunday's are nonstop for us. Early church and then dh goes to work at 12:00.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 PM

NCN, what kind of weights are you lifting? There are back exercises you can be doing also to strengthen thoses muscles so you are less apt to pull them during exercise. Forget the laundry, take it easy today!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:58 PM
NCN

It is just a regular weight room with the typical exercise machines. Twenty reps per machine and sometimes 10-12 would be normal. I did 100 and I used about 11 different machines. I only had 30-50 pounds on the weight control. I know better now. I saw the weight room employees looking at me a little funny. I was able to do water exercises all right yesterday. We came home to dress and went to Olive Garden in Charlotte for lunch and then came back home and realized we needed some things downtown Monroe. It was in the grocery store that I got my first pain?? I realized I had had aspirin in my system until that time. I made dh tomato soup sitting in a chair in front of the stove. I did one load of laundry with his help lifting the baskets and collecting the clothes. I then went to the massaging bed after taking another 81mg. aspirin with calcium. I fell asleep during the massage and woke up later and dried the clothes. I was able to walk carefully without pain. I know what the problem is and how to take care of it. I will probably vacuum from a chair. I have a hoover dial-a-matic vacuum that almost runs by itself. I promise to be good, but I don't feel like dealing with food today. Hope your situation improves. It is snowing outside and I have to get the laundry done in case the electricity goes off. Same for the vacuuming. Life is tough sometimes.

Last edited by NCN; 01-19-2008 at 01:07 PM..

Old 01-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
It is just a regular weight room with the typical exercise machines. Twenty reps per machine and sometimes 10-12 would be normal. I did 100. I only had 30-50 pounds on the weight control. I know better now. I saw the weight room employees looking at me a little funny. I was able to do water exercises all right yesterday. We came home to dress and went to Olive Garden in Charlotte for lunch and then came back home and realized we needed some things downtown Monroe. It was in the grocery store that I got my first pain?? I realized I had had aspirin in my system until that time. I made dh tomato soup sitting in a chair in front of the stove. I did one load of laundry with his help lifting the baskets and collecting the clothes. I then went to the massaging bed after taking another 81mg. aspirin with calcium. I fell asleep during the massage and woke up later and dried the clothes. I was able to walk carefully without pain. I know what the problem is and how to take care of it. I will probably vacuum from a chair. I have a hoover dial-a-matic vacuum that almost runs by itself. I promise to be good, but I don't feel like dealing with food today. Hope your situation improves.
no, food shouldn't be the issue for you. I just wish I could come over and give you a hand.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Jeannie, you seem to be dragging the bad luck along with you! That's really a hard choice to make.

NCN - hope your back will be better soon!

Had a bad day today. Started with having two cookies for breakfast. Cooked very delicious Chinese food for lunch. Had another cookie snack and dinner was the leftovers from lunch plus popcorn and cookies b/c we had a nice evening with my parents playing cards.

It's 00:29 a.m. already and I'm really tiered from furniture shopping today. Going to bed now.

Good night all and sweet dreams!
See you tomorrow!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Good night Diana, sleep well.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:54 PM
NCN

Thank you all. My back is progressively getting better. Have you seen those little old ladies bent over. That was me last night. It didn't hurt when I bent over. I can stand up straight today. Dh cleaned the kitchen. I started vacuuming and the vacuum cut off, so I went back to my massage bed and it put me to sleep again. Dh fixed the vacuum and I will use it later. We have very little snow, but I wonder how much Charlotte has. We are just hanging out and taking it easy. I am very rested. I think I slept about 3 hours. I commented that I am like a baby who has its days and nights mixed up. Dh said that pain must be exhausting. It is, but I don't have much any more.

I was able to stand up to vacuum.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:49 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Thank you all. My back is progressively getting better. Have you seen those little old ladies bent over. That was me last night. It didn't hurt when I bent over. I can stand up straight today. Dh cleaned the kitchen. I started vacuuming and the vacuum cut off, so I went back to my massage bed and it put me to sleep again. Dh fixed the vacuum and I will use it later. We have very little snow, but I wonder how much Charlotte has. We are just hanging out and taking it easy. I am very rested. I think I slept about 3 hours. I commented that I am like a baby who has its days and nights mixed up. Dh said that pain must be exhausting. It is, but I don't have much any more.

I was able to stand up to vacuum.
Hope you feel better. I know you will tell me tomorrow that you are feeling better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals