Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 03:49 PM

37,007 posts, read 41,051,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No, it was due to fluoride bathing. Her teeth were beautiful after braces were taken off and I mentioned this some time ago. I was shocked to see her teeth as was she and her mother....not due to braces. Yes, it is fluorosis.

Unbecoming, we can handle it can't we? I've handled a lot since I came here.
If it is fluorosis it was there when her permanent teeth came in.

Fluorosis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments

"Fluorosis is a cosmetic condition that affects the teeth. It’s caused by overexposure to fluoride during the first eight years of life."

Feel free to believe what you wish, but a fluoride treatment after the braces came off did not cause fluorosis.

There are lots of web sites about white spots on teeth after braces, but what do those folks know, eh? They are only orthodontists.

The shill gambit does not win debates.

Shill gambit - RationalWiki

Old 07-07-2017, 10:28 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,636,109 times
As with just about Everything, it depends who you ask. This is a pretty good bit of info and read the Fluoridation Controversy area. If your mind is open. Otherwise you won't.

No one knows absolute the damage or good it's doing to anyone. I've leaned on distrust for many of the govt agencies truth telling. They don't even know the truth.

https://www.livescience.com/37123-fluoridation.html

There are enough here who love to debate, and one must just decide for themselves and if there is doubt, then live with it. In the meantime, dentists have thriving businesses. They haven't had my business for quite a few yrs now.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-07-2017 at 11:45 AM..

Old 07-07-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
As with just about Everything, it depends who you ask. This is a pretty good bit of info and read the Fluoridation Controversy area. If your mind is open. Otherwise you won't.

No one knows absolute the damage or good it's doing to anyone. I've leaned on distrust for many of the govt agencies truth telling.

https://www.livescience.com/37123-fluoridation.html

There are enough here who love to debate, and one must just decide for themselves and if there is doubt, then live with it. In the meantime, dentists have thriving businesses.
The benefits and risks of fluoride are well known. Too much can cause fluorosis, but that happens only if exposure to high levels happens while the permanent teeth are forming. It does not happen due to application of topical fluoride to adult teeth. That does not fit your viewpoint that fluoride is evil in any amount at any time, but it is a fact.

Too much fluoride can also cause other problems, including skeletal.

Dental and skeletal fluorosis predominantly happen in geographical areas where ground water has high amounts of fluoride, not from fluoridation of community water supplies.

Too little fluoride leads to more cavities. That's another fact. Calgary, Canada stopped fluoridating in 2011 and an increase in cavities in children was seen very quickly. The impact is greater in low socioeconomic groups with less access to dental care.

Communities may either add or remove fluoride from water, depending on the amount in the original water source. The goal is to adjust fluoride levels to an amount that will reduce cavities without causing adverse effects.

Stop fluoridating and we will need a lot more dentists to do fillings and extractions in children.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The benefits and risks of fluoride are well known. Too much can cause fluorosis, but that happens only if exposure to high levels happens while the permanent teeth are forming. It does not happen due to application of topical fluoride to adult teeth. That does not fit your viewpoint that fluoride is evil in any amount at any time, but it is a fact.

Too much fluoride can also cause other problems, including skeletal.

Dental and skeletal fluorosis predominantly happen in geographical areas where ground water has high amounts of fluoride, not from fluoridation of community water supplies.

Too little fluoride leads to more cavities. That's another fact. Calgary, Canada stopped fluoridating in 2011 and an increase in cavities in children was seen very quickly. The impact is greater in low socioeconomic groups with less access to dental care.

Communities may either add or remove fluoride from water, depending on the amount in the original water source. The goal is to adjust fluoride levels to an amount that will reduce cavities without causing adverse effects.

Stop fluoridating and we will need a lot more dentists to do fillings and extractions in children.

No they are NOT known!!!!!

And it's not known if dentists will do more fillings/extractions in children. If fluoride is removed. Children are getting plenty of fluoride and enough sugars to choke a horse, just the water/sugars in dairy milk and enough in the dental chairs.

You want your children's teeth to get fluoridated, buy toothpaste with it and likewise for yourself if you want it. So simple, our joints, organs etc don't need fluorides.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-07-2017 at 12:59 PM..

Old 07-07-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
No they are NOT known!!!!!

And it's not known if dentists will do more fillings/extractions in children. If fluoride is removed. Children are getting plenty of fluoride and enough sugars to choke a horse, just the water/sugars in dairy milk and enough in the dental chairs.

You want your children's teeth to get fluoridated, buy toothpaste with it and likewise for yourself if you want it. So simple, our joints, organs etc don't need fluorides.
Study shows dental health in Calgary children suffering from fluoride cessation | CTV Calgary News

Fluoride will not be expected to prevent all cavities, especially if the child eats too much sugar and does not brush properly. Fluoridation works by protecting permanent teeth before they erupt. Please explain how one uses toothpaste on teeth that have not come in yet.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:24 PM

9,805 posts, read 7,619,827 times
Quote:
No, it was due to fluoride bathing. Her teeth were beautiful after braces were taken off and I mentioned this some time ago. I was shocked to see her teeth as was she and her mother....not due to braces. Yes, it is fluorosis.

Unbecoming, we can handle it can't we? I've handled a lot since I came here.
This happened to my two kids and they didn't have braces. The dentist did the fluoride treatment without telling me, I would've said no. They are 28 & 30 now and are still embarrassed at how horrible their teeth look.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Study shows dental health in Calgary children suffering from fluoride cessation | CTV Calgary News

Fluoride will not be expected to prevent all cavities, especially if the child eats too much sugar and does not brush properly. Fluoridation works by protecting permanent teeth before they erupt. Please explain how one uses toothpaste on teeth that have not come in yet.
Oh please, I wasn't given fluoride before my teeth came in. Who says taking fluoride is a prerequisite for teeth forming.

I'm sure my mother didn't rub fluoride on my gums. I think PA was given mass fluoridation in the 50's and i was born in 1938. Maybe my mom took me outside and let the rain pour into my mouth for the naturally occurring fluoride from rain.

Here's a comment on fluoridation in PA in 1956.

http://www.actionpa.org/fluoride/pa1956.html

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-07-2017 at 03:08 PM..

Old 07-07-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
This happened to my two kids and they didn't have braces. The dentist did the fluoride treatment without telling me, I would've said no. They are 28 & 30 now and are still embarrassed at how horrible their teeth look.
Topical application of fluoride to adult teeth does not cause fluorosis.

Quote:
Oh please, I wasn't given fluoride before my teeth came in. Who says taking fluoride is a prerequisite for teeth forming.

I'm sure my mother didn't rub fluoride on my gums. I think PA was given mass fluoridation in the 50's and i was born in 1938. Maybe my mom took me outside and let the rain pour into my mouth for the naturally occurring fluoride from rain.

Here's a comment on fluoridation in PA in 1956.

PA 1956 - Fluoridation Moves In State
No one said fluoride is a prerequisite for teeth forming.

Teeth must be forming in order for fluorosis to happen. Topical application of fluoride to adult teeth does not cause fluorosis.

Your article contains nothing to substantiate the claim about aluminum.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Topical application of fluoride to adult teeth does not cause fluorosis.

No one said fluoride is a prerequisite for teeth forming.

Teeth must be forming in order for fluorosis to happen. Topical application of fluoride to adult teeth does not cause fluorosis.

Your article contains nothing to substantiate the claim about aluminum.
Mass fluoridation was started by Alcoa (aluminum company) and Mellon money backers.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Mass fluoridation was started by Alcoa (aluminum company) and Mellon money backers.
Nice tinfoil hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals