Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:56 PM

79 posts, read 285,982 times

Advertisements

Today 10.23.2007, I'm 208.6 lbs.

I'm Male 5' 7" and my ideal weight is between 165 to 180 lbs.

I was 175 back in 1990.
I was 185 when I got married in 1995.
I was 195 by 2000, with 2 kids.
I was 210 by 2005, with 3 kids.

Starting summer of 2005, I did Atkin's until Thanksgiving (when I stop my diet). I was 210 to 180lbs, a 30 lbs weight loss.

I end up getting gout, my uric acid levels were high due to a lot of meat content in my diet from Atkins.

By summer of 2006, I was 220, I did modified Atkins doing low carbs and got a personal trainer to do weight training until Nov 2006. I was 220 down to 195, a 25 lbs weight loss.

I would say in 2006 I have some form of depression, similar to Mid Life Crisis or Identity Crisis. But still married, but questioning the commitment to the marriage.

By July 2007, after my family vacation, I was over 230 lbs! I decided to do a lifestyle change instead of just doing my annual diet from summer to thanksgiving.

I kicked off my weight loss using the 7 day Cabbage Soup Diet. It worked for me in the past year, and I've modified the cabbage soup to my liking.

I also use the soup as a staple in my diet. A filler when I may end up eating more carbs. I'd lessen the card, and have 3 spoonful of the vegetable soup. I've taken soup to work and ate it with my salad or sandwich.

I like eating fruits and it's been a substitute for foods I use to crave: Doritos chips, Kit-Kat Bars, Granola Bars, and various "sweet goodies" available at work such as Donuts and Muffins.

One of the great hurdle that I consciously have to do was to "stop or cut drinking diet soda." Prior to July 2006, I would have consumed 6 Diet Cokes by noon since I don't drink coffee. I've cut off soda down to one a day as a reward, and sometimes I skip it entirely. I do however drink coffee when I get to work when I am sleepy. But sometimes, a warm Green Tea and fresh air stretches wake me up more instead of caffeine.

In addition to the conscious food diet, I've incorporated a exercise program that focuses on muscle building instead of weight loss (cardio). I notice that I don't have the energy or patience to do 30 to 60 minutes of elitical cardio; I do it once in a while but to make it a routine is boring to me.

I find it more rewarding to focus on muscle building and toning; and most importantly, "stretching." The reason I went for muscle building is it's eaier for me to work on my Leg Muscle. I've read that the leg muscle group are usually the fittest on a person.

I use to run but my knees have been sore, so I stopped running. I do work out of the leg muscle group until I find a comfortable weight and set repetition. I write these down and increase them over time.

Then as alternate or addition, I work on my arms, chest, and upper back muscles. There is a body chemical release after my good work out; this keep me interested in going to the gym.

The hard part is losing the gut. But I learned to accept the fact that it will take time. It will take time to lose that gut gradually, but it will lose eventually as I build more muscles else where.

With stronger quads and butt muscles, I can being to comfortable doing more crunches from 5 minutes to 8 minutes. My target goal is 15 minute crunches.

By increasing my stretching routines it helps remove soreness when I push the limits and start using muscles I did not know exist until they become sore.

The arms and upper body muscles are noticeably shaping now too. But it is a matter of having energy to make them big. I want to lose the weight before working on bigger muscles. It's a ratio that I don't quite grasp yet.

I did lose weight down to 210 fast from 230+ in July to September.

I think I am maintaining a weight loss below 210 because of the low impact aerobic I am getting from 3x a week Tae Kwon Do class I am taking with my son (7).

I only have time to work on a muscle group 1x a week since the class.

My pants were size 40 and they were a tight fit last July 2007.
I wear a size 38 now and it's somewhat loose.

My wife mentioned I look "slim" and also tells me I have a "butt." I think that's a good complement from her.

I still have a gut that I notice, but if I suck it in, I look damn fit.
I do notice my stomach bulge after I eat. I can pinch loose fat around my belly, and my "man boobs." Those "man boobs" use to be muscle and they can be someday. I just need to focus on increasing my crunches and do it more often.

As for my diet, I've been good at looking and smelling a box of Belgian Chocolate Cookies my co-worker have on his desk--and I don't crave them. I would look, and smell, and tell myself I don't need it. As long as I have alternative food available, I'm good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Today 10.26.2007 I'm 208.0 lbs.

Today 10.26.2007 I'm 208.0 lbs.

I've been under the weather, cold/sinus problems, probably due to the bad air quality over Los Angeles from the fires; smoky and ashes all over.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,508 times
Congratulations!!! You lost .6 pounds!!! Keep it up and Good job!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 10:19 AM

Last Sunday, I spiked down to 204.8. This was in the morning and I was probably dehydrated.

This morning, I was up to 207.0 which is still less than last week. I did the first 3 days of cabbage soup diet last week, fruits in day 1, vege in day 2, and fruit & vege in day 3. Then I just had low card for there rest of the week, and had some Mochi icecream Sunday.

I did feel a bit under the weather so I went back to a more normal eating, with meats and some rice/bread but still consciously lower then the usual servings.

It's Holloween today and I had 1 chocolate ball (See's Candy) this morning. Hmm, I love chocolates.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:12 AM

Hmm, some of my post got lost somehow...

I was 207.4 today, Tuesday Nov 8, 2007.

I cooked another batch of cabbage soup last night, and starting a no rice or bread diet. I'm going to eat more fruits, and salad this week. For meats, one serving a day, either lunch of dinner. I plan to drop down to 205 by Sunday morning.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM

I was 207.0 this morning, Wednesday Nov 7, 2007.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 AM

I was 205.6 this morning, Thursday Nov 8, 2007.

I did 50 minutes of stretching and low impact workout form Tae Kwon Do class last night.

For dinner last night: 6" Subway sandwich double chicken, most veggies, no cheese, vinegar and oil on a cheese herb bread. I had 12 oz diet pepsi and 8 oz water and 04 soy coffee, and 2 pieces of chocolate raisins.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 AM

I was 204.8 this morning, Friday Nov 16, 2007.

I spiked up to 208.0 sometime over the past week. I notice that I lose about 0.5 lbs over night while sleeping. I would weigh myself before bed, and after the morning ****, I'd weigh in about 0.5 lbs less that morning.

I did 3x Tae Kwon Do Class last week (1 less due to Veteran's Day holiday).

I kept up my more fruits and vege diet, and cooked my vege in more interesting ways: Hibachi style (almost Stir Fry), and Oven Fry (olive oil and baked)

Old 12-05-2007, 10:33 AM

I wonder what is happening with my posts. It does not seem to update.

Anyway, after Thanksgiving weekend, my weight went up to 213 lbs on Nov 26.

I managed to drop back down 207.0 this morning, Dec 5, 2007.

I also had my annual physical follow up, and my doctor said I can use to lose 60 more lbs!

So my current goal is to hit 200 lbs by March 2008.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:22 PM

Default Jan 16, 2008

I had a great holiday vacation and did not really gain too much.

Anyway, at work, we have a BIG LOSER CHALLENGE for a $25 entry.

On Jan 14, 2008, I weigh in at 212.8 lbs.

There will be a 10% price on the 50th day, and 90% price on the 100th day winner.

Points are based on % weight loss + BMI point loss.

Accoding to the BMI I'm obese! Holy crap!

Anyway, I started Cabbage Soup Diet this week and I hope to shed 7 lbs by Sunday, or to be 205 lbs.

Mon 1.14.08 212.8 lbs.
Tue 1.15.08 211.2 lbs.
Wed 1.16.08 210.4 lbs.

I plan to start a 2 on, 1 off gym workout routine this Friday.
I stopped my Tae Kwon Do classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals