Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:44 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

I was just thinking about this. I bet everyone will be so happy when they don't here that phrase "the buyers" anymore. I know I will. Did I say y'all there right NCN? I spoke with my supervisor yesterday and I have to give 4 weeks notice so, if I give notice this week, that will bring me to the week before we move. Hopefully new contract papers will be signed today or tomorrow. I guess this may really be happening...tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great day. Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 06:07 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I have to work on the y'all myself. We didn't say that in the mountains as much as they do here in Union County. There are several different ways to say 'you all' fast. As long as you don't slip up and say youse guys (I am sure I got that wrong) you will be all right. I have to be very polite and bite my tongue when I hear double negatives here in Union County. I know Union County has to be the double negative capital of the world.

Jeannie, I don't think you will have any problem in NC. It is the people that come thinking we are all dumb and need to be enlightened that run into problems. Because we are not dumb and we don't need to be enlightened. Your biggest problem will probably be to find a native. You may move next door to someone from NJ. We have from 12 to 14 homes on our dead end street. We have had people here from Eastern NC, Florida, Charlotte, Greensboro, Stanley County, Iowa, Michigan and we came from Wilkes County via Fayetteville, Statesville, Denver, Colorado, Orlando, Florida, Long View, NC and five different home in the Charlotte area.

Coffee and milk
oatmeal cake
banana

April is beautiful in NC. We have March winds in February, April showers in March, and May flowers in April. You may want to make your first little beach trip and see Orton Plantation. I understand from a neighbor that the flowers are at their best there in April.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, I don't think you will have any problem in NC. It is the people that come thinking we are all dumb and you need to enlighten us that run into problems. Because we are not dumb and we don't need to be enlightened.
Yes, I can understand that. It really makes all of us northerners look quite ignorant when that happens.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
lol jeannie
I y'all with a slight jersey accent
wow 4 weeks notice is that normal for your field or something they would like
You will need some time to prepare for the move
we could all do a road trip up to help I am really bad at packing but it would be entertaining

diet pepsi

Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol jeannie
I y'all with a slight jersey accent
wow 4 weeks notice is that normal for your field or something they would like
You will need some time to prepare for the move
we could all do a road trip up to help I am really bad at packing but it would be entertaining

diet pepsi
Thank you Karla, I would love it! Only thing is if everyone comes up we'll probably get nothing done. I don't even know where to begin to get things started. Yes, 4 weeks notice is required actually are they will take it out of your last pay. We're actually moving ourselves so this should be quite interesting.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:22 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Yes, I can understand that. It really makes all of us northerners look quite ignorant when that happens.
You got my post before I changed the wording. Notice I took the you out. I did that for you since it would never be you, although it is an indefinite pronoun. I guess you could say ignorant, but we usually think rude. We will probably just be happy to get another good nurse. Your occupation will be a plus for you.

I am going to have another cup of coffee now. I went to bed early and got up early. I like that but it gives me no computer time some days, so I may be awol on this thread sometimes in the future. Just don't worry about me.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:32 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,200 times
Best of luck with the move! My wife and I just moved in August - exciting and exhausting!! I'm hopeful we'll be here (in CO) for a while. It's supposed to be 60 degrees on Friday and Saturday! After 2 winters in Cleveland and a lifetime iof winters in MA, 60 degrees in February is most welcome!!

My usual 4 shots of espresso and a clif bar...no originality here!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Thank you Karla, I would love it! Only thing is if everyone comes up we'll probably get nothing done. I don't even know where to begin to get things started. Yes, 4 weeks notice is required actually are they will take it out of your last pay. We're actually moving ourselves so this should be quite interesting.
We have always moved ourselves. My dh got really good at it. He does not have me pack the things in our furniture drawers. He takes the drawers out, loads the furniture and puts the drawers back in the furniture. When we get to our destination he takes the drawers out, puts the chest of drawers,etc. in the place it should be and then puts the drawers back in. No unpacking and everything is where it should be. If you will look at how many places we have been, you can see how many times we have done this. You will have to decide if your furniture is strong enough to bounce around on the road with this extra weight. My bedroom suit is sturdy Basset and we have had it for over 40 years. We do have a new bed.

One note on our moving method. If someone else is going to be helping your husband, there are some drawers that may need to be covered with a towel. I will leave that to your imagination.

Last edited by NCN; 02-26-2008 at 06:52 AM..

Old 02-26-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Best of luck with the move! My wife and I just moved in August - exciting and exhausting!! I'm hopeful we'll be here (in CO) for a while. It's supposed to be 60 degrees on Friday and Saturday! After 2 winters in Cleveland and a lifetime iof winters in MA, 60 degrees in February is most welcome!!

My usual 4 shots of espresso and a clif bar...no originality here!
60 degrees sounds like heaven to me. My husband and I were talking yesterday about how my son, soon to be 11 year old does not like much clothing. If it was up to him he'd wear shorts in a snowstorm. He got off the school bus yesterday in short sleeves and his jacket rolled up in his backpack. I told my husband, wait till he finds out we're moving in 5 weeks and he may very well be wearing shorts soon there. Hopefully that will be a little motivation for him to move.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 AM
NCN

Another little moving tip. I use towels as packing material for dishes and things that break--less packing material and fewer boxes. Although I have not moved since 1975, we were quite experts by the time we got to this home. Hope I never have to move again. I told my dh he has to keep living because I know my children will want me closer if anything happens to him. We older women take good care of our husbands, because they take good care of us.

That sounded awful, didn't it. I would still love him if he wasn't so useful.

I bought a fur lined coat last year to take on vacation to Colorado. I have to work on being able to use it here. I am lucky if I get to wear it six times a year in NC. Your spring coats will become your Winter coats here. Raleigh is a little colder than Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals