Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Trying to be a little creative here. Okay, picture this...hey, another funny. Its movie night at your house, you and hubby, and hubby says "what can I get you at the store to nibble on during the flick?". What would it be? Without a doubt, I would pick a big bowl of ice cream......Not sure what kind, but with chocolate syrup, whip cream, and sprinkles. What would you pick, oh, and points do not count here. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy thursday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 AM

after a step work-out...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Good morning! Make it fresh popped whitecaps and Pepsi for me. Jeannie, we used to grow our own popcorn. It was popcorn until it was popped, then it was whitecaps. I used to have a popping of popcorn every day when I came home from school. We used butter (real that we made) to pop it in and the whitecaps were huge. Bigger than anything I have ever seen at the grocery store. The flavor was better too. I could make an O. K. sign with my fingers and the popped corn was so big it would stay in the circle of my fingers. Oh, those good old days.

Coffee and milk
Strawberry yogurt
Strawberry waffle
banana

Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Good morning! Make it fresh popped whitecaps and Pepsi for me. Jeannie, we used to grow our own popcorn. It was popcorn until it was popped, then it was whitecaps. I used to have a popping of popcorn every day when I came home from school. We used butter (real that we made) to pop it in and the whitecaps were huge. Bigger than anything I have ever seen at the grocery store. The flavor was better too. I could make an O. K. sign with my fingers and the popped corn was so big it would stay in the circle of my fingers. Oh, those good old days.

Coffee and milk
Strawberry yogurt
Strawberry waffle
banana
NCN, is that what they call popcorn in NC today?

Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 AM

72,410 posts, read 18,198,148 times
Good morning! Sun is shinning brightly this morning,going out for a walk first and come back to talk about the breakfast.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
NCN, is that what they call popcorn in NC today?
Jeannie, this was just something we named it at home. They call popped corn popcorn just like everywhere else. My sister went to a country store in Glendale Springs and asked for white caps. They showed her the white caps. Since she only had a dime, she decided she didn't want any. Some of our neighbors may have call popped corn whitecaps too, but I have never heard it anywhere but Old NC 16 Highway near the Northwest Trading Post (near the Wilkes and Ashe County lines). It was just our way of making a difference between the popcorn dried on the cob and the popcorn ready to eat.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:19 AM

72,410 posts, read 18,198,148 times
chopped cooked egg whites with walnuts and a little olive oil on oat bread
Mixed grapes,apples and pomegranade juice in a blender.

Waiting for a plummer,have problems with leaky faucet. ugh! hate waiting

Jeannie and NCN, I love reading your posts,you two are very traditional. I love tradition.
I guess because I came from a traditional family, I try to be traditional,although I am different and wild in some ways.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovIzzy View Post
chopped cooked egg whites with walnuts and a little olive oil on oat bread
Mixed grapes,apples and pomegranade juice in a blender.

Waiting for a plummer,have problems with leaky faucet. ugh! hate waiting

Jeannie and NCN, I love reading your posts,you two are very traditional. I love tradition.
I guess because I came from a traditional family, I try to be traditional,although I am different and wild in some ways.
thats awesome Izzy. I think we all can be a bit of a spitfire now and then.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
NCN

Izzy, I was brought up by a very traditional and old fashioned Mother that had been raised by her grandmother. That makes me sort of a generation behind everyone else in the traditional sense. But even that old fashioned Mother could cut loose every once in a while. There is a favorite joke thread that I would love to post my favorite joke told to me by my mother, but it would not stay posted. When I get the time to type it out, I may direct message you both with the joke. It is a hoot!

I woke up hungry as a bear and it has continued.
Morning snack: peanut bar, coffee and milk
Lunch: 1/2 Totino's pizza
Orange sherbet Ice Cream
Coffee and milk

I got my health tests results back and was told to continue my excellent program. I am like Oprah, I know what to do, but I don't always do it.

Last edited by NCN; 03-06-2008 at 03:49 PM..

Old 03-06-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, I was brought up by a very traditional and old fashioned Mother that had been raised by her grandmother. That makes me sort of a generation behind everyone else in the traditional sense. But even that old fashioned Mother could cut loose every once in a while. There is a favorite joke thread that I would love to post my favorite joke told to me by my mother, but it would not stay posted. When I get the time to type it out, I may direct message your both with the joke. It is a hoot!

I woke up hungry as a bear and it has continued.
Morning snack: peanut bar, coffee and milk
Lunch: 1/2 Totino's pizza
Orange sherbet Ice Cream
Coffee and milk

I got my health tests results back and was told to continue my excellent program. I am like Oprah, I know what to do, but I don't always do it.
now that is good news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals