Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:32 PM

57 posts, read 61,907 times

Advertisements

OK. I have a persistent musty odor coming from my groin area. I first noticed the odor when I was around 14. It's always there, but it tends to vary in intensity. Around 16 or 17, I began to develop boils as well. What is this, and how can I treat it? It's embarrassing, and it's one of the main reasons I shy away from intimacy with women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 06:33 PM

I'm a virgin, so don't pull the S.T.I. card on me. Lol.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 PM

I may have a breakout of a boil or two every blue moon, but that's it. The smell is the main issue. Sometimes, I can smell myself through what I'm wearing.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
See a dermatologist.

BTW, there are a ton of articles on this topic out on the web.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:14 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddleydoo22 View Post
I may have a breakout of a boil or two every blue moon, but that's it. The smell is the main issue. Sometimes, I can smell myself through what I'm wearing.
Try reading this link~~

Bad Groin Odor (Smelly Groin) Causes and Remedies | Healthhype.com

snip~~ remedies~~

Quote:
At times medical treatment is necessary for infections, urinary incontinence and diarrhea. However, a few simple measures can still help to reduce groin odors in these cases or even eliminate it in cases where there are no underlying medical problems.

Bathe at least twice daily and use an antibacterial soap especially in the groin region. Wash thoroughly between the folds of skin. Do not scrub the area too hard to breaks in the skin can lead to infections.
Ensure that the skin on genitals are thoroughly wiped after urinating. Never attempt to insert toilet paper into any cavity as a means of cleaning the area.
The anus should be throughly cleaned after defecating and if a bidet is available it should be used. Alternatively wet and then dry toilet paper will suffice.
Try to use clothing and underwear made of lighter textiles that will allow for ventilation. This does not mean that the garments have to be see-through. Some textiles contribute to the heat build up in the groin region.
Good Luck!

Old 01-03-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
See a dermatologist.

BTW, there are a ton of articles on this topic out on the web.
There are articles out there, but they don't quite fit my situation and are all from sketchy looking websites.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Trust some of those sketchy as you call them, looking websites, you need to start somewhere and not everything is flowers or get to an MD.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:48 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddleydoo22 View Post
What is your hygiene like? You are washing daily, yes? Wearing clean clothes?

Old 01-05-2018, 05:12 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Trust some of those sketchy as you call them, looking websites, you need to start somewhere and not everything is flowers or get to an MD.
Do NOT do this...not to mention the crap you could end up with on your computer.

OP- Dr. Google doesn't exist. See a real medical professional.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:22 PM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
There is a website called "crowd md" where several real doctors and the public work together to try and find the cause of rare disorders. You should sign up for that. The public I think gets paid as well so everyone is really motivated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals