Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:41 AM

322 posts, read 281,185 times

Advertisements

If so many United States communities, taxpayers, etc do NOT want it, why does it have such a stranglehold? So hard to stop this unnecessary practice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 12:20 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
If so many United States communities, taxpayers, etc do NOT want it, why does it have such a stranglehold? So hard to stop this unnecessary practice?
MOST of the U.S. is unaware of what they are drinking from their taps. This battle has been going on for decades and the pro folks are so powerful and so much $$$$...

I was born and raised in this stuff and we were not told fluoride was being added to our waters and even if they did tell us, we had no clue how toxic it is to our bodies. If a person loves it for their teeth, buy the toothpaste, which I would never do either.

Old 11-28-2018, 12:47 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
It's a substance naturally found in water and not "toxic" in the dose used to fluoridate drinking water.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:01 PM

What they are adding to our waters from the phosphate plants in the bags and drums is from waste of lead smelters, fertilizer plants....

Naturally occurring is a totally other type fluoride, it's in our rain, and snow etc....

The divide continues here on this substance.

Read some history.

Old 11-28-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What they are adding to our waters from the phosphate plants in the bags and drums is from waste of lead smelters, fertilizer plants....

Naturally occurring is a totally other type fluoride, it's in our rain, and snow etc....

The divide continues here on this substance.

Read some history.
What is in the "bags and drums" adds exactly the same fluoride to the water that is naturally found there. There is no "other type fluoride". Any high school chemistry teacher can explain it to you.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What is in the "bags and drums" adds exactly the same fluoride to the water that is naturally found there. There is no "other type fluoride". Any high school chemistry teacher can explain it to you.
The above is a joke.

As usual, we will just agree to disagree....

Old 11-28-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
The above is a joke.

As usual, we will just agree to disagree....
No, it is basic high school chemistry. As I said, ask anyone who teaches chemistry.

It is not a matter of opinion. It is fact.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:26 PM

It's rather interesting and especially on the C-D fluoride issues I've posted about a lot. Those in the pro corner are also in the pro pharma side of medicine and those who are anti fluoride and many have not even commented, are on the alternative healing side of medicine.

How about that Suzy?

Adding all the fluoride to our bodies is not a science thing...it's a scam. Added on top of the list of many scams on the American population. The Europeans are way ahead of us in this issue, 98% do not fluoridate.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-28-2018 at 06:49 PM..

Old 11-28-2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
It's rather interesting and especially on the C-D fluoride issues I've posted about a lot. Those in the pro corner are also in the pro pharma side of medicine and those who are anti fluoride and many have not even commented, are on the alternative healing side of medicine.

How about that Suzy?

Adding all the fluoride to our bodies is not a science thing...it's a scam. Added on top of the list of many scams on the American population. The Europeans are way ahead of us in this issue, 98% do not fluoridate.
How about what? That those who are anti-fluoride are also anti-medicine and anti-science?

https://ilikemyteeth.org/fluoridatio...myths-facts/4/

"Fact #13: Millions of people living in Europe are receiving the benefits of fluoride.
Fluoridated water reaches 12 million Europeans, mostly residents of Great Britain, Ireland and Spain. Fluoridated milk programs reach millions more people, mostly in Eastern Europe.
Salt fluoridation is the most widely used approach in Europe. In fact, at least 70 million Europeans consume fluoridated salt, and this method of fluoridation reaches most of the population in Germany and Switzerland. These two countries have among the lowest rates of tooth decay in all of Europe.
Technical challenges are a major reason why fluoridated water is not widespread in Europe. In France and Switzerland, for example, water fluoridation is logistically difficult because of the terrain and because there are tens of thousands of separate sources for drinking water. This is why Western Europe relies more on salt fluoridation, fluoride rinse programs and other means to get fluoride to the public."

Old 11-29-2018, 11:00 AM

Ok, I'm done here for now, I've said so much over a couple yrs.

Those who love fluoride go at it, drink it, brush with it, get a script from MD if you don't think you are getting enough.

I know in my mind and heart what I trust to be truth.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-29-2018 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals