Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Good morning! So, we're all snuggled in our beds last night, air conditioning in full blast to beat off the 100 degree heat from the day and then...the lights went out. No lights, no air, not pretty. Lit a couple of candles and waited. We all ventured outside (the kids wouldn't stay inside by themselves) and checked on our elderly neighbor. Thankfully the kids finally feel asleep and the electric came back on a few hours later. Another scorcher today and a half day of school because of the heat. So what are your plans for today? Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a fab Tuesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 06:43 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Hi Jeannie, how I wish we had an air conditioner. For us hot days mean leaving windows wide open at night and before going to work shut everything and pray it won't get too warm inside. We have these kinda blinds on the outside of the window. They are made from plastic and you can let them down. Prevent heat in summer and cold in winter. Didn't find the matching translation...

My MIL will pick up Miguel today so I can run some errands right after work.
DH just called. He's already back from work (at 2:30!!!) but he needs to see a doctor b/c he has a deep cut in his knee (don't know how he did that)

Also plan to clean the bathroom but don't know if I make it after I put DS to bed b/c it's step aerobic day. It's too hot to stay in the gym so we might be having a bike tour.

Bun with cream cheese
Muffin with chocolate chips
pasta with Bolognese sauce

Jeannie, didn't make it yesterday but I keep my fingers crossed that the bidders will push the prices for your house way up!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Hi Jeannie, how I wish we had an air conditioner. For us hot days mean leaving windows wide open at night and before going to work shut everything and pray it won't get too warm inside. We have these kinda blinds on the outside of the window. They are made from plastic and you can let them down. Prevent heat in summer and cold in winter. Didn't find the matching translation...

My MIL will pick up Miguel today so I can run some errands right after work.
DH just called. He's already back from work (at 2:30!!!) but he needs to see a doctor b/c he has a deep cut in his knee (don't know how he did that)

Also plan to clean the bathroom but don't know if I make it after I put DS to bed b/c it's step aerobic day. It's too hot to stay in the gym so we might be having a bike tour.

Bun with cream cheese
Muffin with chocolate chips
pasta with Bolognese sauce

Jeannie, didn't make it yesterday but I keep my fingers crossed that the bidders will push the prices for your house way up!!!
Diana, I hope hubby's knee is okay. Do you have fans there to cool things off? Well, we counter offered their offer so now we just have to wait...

Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Can't believe the weather would be warmer in your areas,here is cool which I really appreciate now.

Diana,I hope your husband's knee will feel better,I have a problem too,espcially walking uphill,which I don't do anymore.

I must have eaten something bad,my stomach was hurting all night and couldn't sleep well at all. not eating for now.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 AM

sorry Izzy. I hope you feel better. After an upper body workout...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Please pardon... I normally post in Texas and Relationships subforums. Would it be an intrusion to post here? Do you all help if we put something down that we shouldn't be eating (i.e. "oh... you should stay away from that because..." or are we on our own?) After almost 21 years in the Navy I have thick skin and can use any/all advice people like/want to give.

If you would rather keep this to the intimate circle that already exists, I fully understand and no hurt feelings.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Please pardon... I normally post in Texas and Relationships subforums. Would it be an intrusion to post here? Do you all help if we put something down that we shouldn't be eating (i.e. "oh... you should stay away from that because..." or are we on our own?) After almost 21 years in the Navy I have thick skin and can use any/all advice people like/want to give.

If you would rather keep this to the intimate circle that already exists, I fully understand and no hurt feelings.
Welcome Rathagos. We absolutely love new faces here. None of us are experts, just try and help and support each other. We cover all topics, not only food.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
First the griping... I play some online games and my wireless router went out yesterday, and since I don't watch much TV, it was a long night and will be even longer today. At least today is Tuesday, so it's gym day. (I go to Gold's Tues-Thurs, but will switch to M-W-F when I get in better shape).

This morning (6:30):

2 breakfast tacos (Borders)

Snack:
Quaker 90 calorie granola bar (10:00)

Lunch (11:30):

Small rib-eye steak (leftovers)
Baked bourbon beans

Old 06-10-2008, 11:23 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Afternoon all..
Watermelon for breakfast (from a little fruit stand near our campground)
Chicken Pot pie for lunch
Apple for afternoon snack

Old 06-10-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
First the griping... I play some online games and my wireless router went out yesterday, and since I don't watch much TV, it was a long night and will be even longer today. At least today is Tuesday, so it's gym day. (I go to Gold's Tues-Thurs, but will switch to M-W-F when I get in better shape).

This morning (6:30):

2 breakfast tacos (Borders)

Snack:
Quaker 90 calorie granola bar (10:00)

Lunch (11:30):

Small rib-eye steak (leftovers)
Baked bourbon beans
Had a smiliar thing happen to my wireless router Rathagos. Called the company and for a small fee via telephone, they got me up and running again.

plain/vanilla yogurt with flaxseed and Grapenuts for snack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals