Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times

Advertisements

ooooh Sicilian pie,what is it?

lunch
vegetarian beef with veggies- vegetarian chicken is made out of tofu
I go to this Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant,eveything like chicken,pork,beef,fish is made out of tofu. it's hard to describe,but if you order chicken kung pao,the chicken is made out of tofu. they just cut it like chicken. I really like it.

dinner
cob salad
tea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
4 slices ham
2 slices whitewheat
coffee and milk
12 bread and butter pickle chips
broccoli and brussel sprouts leftovers from last night--I sprinkled them with Molly McButter.
1 cup lemon sugar free jello
Coffee and milk
2 containers of applesauce--2 points each
2 slices whitewheat
2 small slices of watermelon
I made an egg salad for tomorrow but felt the need to eat a sandwich tonight. I added 2 slices whitewheat and coffee and milk. I feel absolutely no guilt. It was good.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
4 slices ham
2 slices whitewheat
coffee and milk
12 bread and butter pickle chips
broccoli and brussel sprouts leftovers from last night--I sprinkled them with Molly McButter.
1 cup lemon sugar free jello
Coffee and milk
2 containers of applesauce--2 points each
2 slices whitewheat
2 small slices of watermelon
I made an egg salad for tomorrow but felt the need to eat a sandwich tonight. I added 2 slices whitewheat and coffee and milk. I feel absolutely no guilt. It was good.
NCN, I gave up coffee a few months ago but I still miss it.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
ooooh Sicilian pie,what is it?
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Sfincione.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post

Where do you get one of those?

About the coffee, I recently heard a lot of good things about it, so I still drink it but not as much.

Now that cheese on there looks like a heart attack on bread, but what a way to go! That could solve a lot of economic problems. LOL

Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
its a special kind of pizza. Up north, just about any pizza place will have this. Very, very doughy and probably real bad for ya.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:

About the coffee, I recently heard a lot of good things about it, so I still drink it but not as much.

Now that cheese on there looks like a heart attack on bread, but what a way to go!
yep, your right about the pizza and yes, I've heard mixed reviews on the coffee also. I get my coffee fix with coffee ice cream.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Quote:

I went to chicago many years ago,that looks like Chicago pizza, it's very thick very cheezy, I am allergic to cheese,so I am envious of you.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
NCN

Quote:
yep, your right about the pizza and yes, I've heard mixed reviews on the coffee also. I get my coffee fix with coffee ice cream.
I am sure that pizza is at least as healthy as that egg salad sandwich I had a bit earlier. Jeannie, when I got married in 1964, I had never tasted a pizza. My brother brought a mix home with him when he was in the Air Force so we could taste it. We followed the package directions and cooked it and immediately threw it out to the dogs because it smelled so bad. The dogs wouldn't eat it either.

After we were married, Mr. VA wanted a pizza. We went to a pizza place and ordered a pizza. He ate everything but the crust and I ate the crust. I guess pizza is an acquired taste. I love pizza now, but it has been a process. The ladies and I had a discussion after water exercises today about the difference in food in the North and South. Have you ever tried turnip greens? The lady from NY thought they were gross and wanted to know why we eat them. I didn't eat them either until I got married, but I love kressy greens.

Last edited by NCN; 07-02-2008 at 11:36 PM..

Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I am sure that pizza is at least as healthy as that egg salad sandwich I had a bit earlier. Jeannie, when I got married in 1964, I had never tasted a pizza. My brother brought a mix home with him when he was in the Air Force so we could taste it. We followed the package directions and cooked it and immediately threw it out to the dogs because it smelled so bad. The dogs wouldn't eat it either.

After we were married, Mr. VA wanted a pizza. We went to a pizza place and ordered a pizza. He ate everything but the crust and I ate the crust. I guess pizza is an aquired taste. I love pizza now, but it has been a process. The ladies and I had a discussion after water exercises today about the difference in food in the North and South. Have you ever tried turnip greens? The lady from NY thought they were gross and wanted to know why we eat them. I didn't eat them either until I got married, but I love kressy greens.
no, I haven't tried them but they sound a whole lot healthier than a Sicilian pizza. I'm actually looking forward to trying new things when we finally arrive in NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals