Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:47 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Good morning! I believe its going to be another sunny and hot day in NJ today......which is fine by me because I would rather sizzle than freeze. So whats on your schedule for today? An upper body work-out this morning, a tad of laundry, and then the rest of my day is quite relaxing...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/pedicure1.gif (broken link)...well maybe not that relaxing. Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a wonderful Thursday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Good morning, Jeannie. Any news from the realtor? Keep my fingers crossed that everything will work out just fine!

My muscles are really sore from yesterday evening. The photo shoot was quite an event. I haven't had such an exciting, fascinating, funny event for a long long time.
The photographer is a 30 year old women and she's not a photographer at all but an artist. She makes the make-up and the hair style all by herself and it was amazing.

At first we sat and talked for about an hour. I didn't think that "What deeper meaning do you want to express in the photos" etc was coming and the pictures got completely different than I imagined. They are a little bit crazy b/c I had extremely crazy hair styles and the first make-up made me wonder if that was me in the mirror or somebody else.

We started at 5 and took the first shots at 8 and I was home at 1:30 a.m. It was so exhausting all the "stay there", "arm up", "different angle", "stretch", "stretch more", "hold-it" , "stay there", "look down", "don't smile" and so on and so on. You can imagine how my arms and shoulders ache today.

Now I can't wait for the pics to get finished. I expect to get about 60 photos and I'm so excited...

After only 4 and a half hour sleep I'm a little bit tiered here at work but in about 2 hours I'm on my way home.

slice of buttered raisin bread
w/w bun with cheese/cream cheese/cucumber
spaghetti/herb sauce/crab meat/prawns
a cookie

Old 07-17-2008, 05:22 AM

Diane how fun! Can't wait to see the pics! Can you imagine what these top models must do on a daily basis? Its alot of work. I did some modeling years ago but never took it further. Nothing yet from the realtor. I think it takes a couple of days to get the report up and decision making by the buyers. I'm trying to stay positive but its not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Good morning, Jeannie. Any news from the realtor? Keep my fingers crossed that everything will work out just fine!

My muscles are really sore from yesterday evening. The photo shoot was quite an event. I haven't had such an exciting, fascinating, funny event for a long long time.
The photographer is a 30 year old women and she's not a photographer at all but an artist. She makes the make-up and the hair style all by herself and it was amazing.

At first we sat and talked for about an hour. I didn't think that "What deeper meaning do you want to express in the photos" etc was coming and the pictures got completely different than I imagined. They are a little bit crazy b/c I had extremely crazy hair styles and the first make-up made me wonder if that was me in the mirror or somebody else.

We started at 5 and took the first shots at 8 and I was home at 1:30 a.m. It was so exhausting all the "stay there", "arm up", "different angle", "stretch", "stretch more", "hold-it" , "stay there", "look down", "don't smile" and so on and so on. You can imagine how my arms and shoulders ache today.

Now I can't wait for the pics to get finished. I expect to get about 60 photos and I'm so excited...

After only 4 and a half hour sleep I'm a little bit tiered here at work but in about 2 hours I'm on my way home.

slice of buttered raisin bread
w/w bun with cheese/cream cheese/cucumber
spaghetti/herb sauce/crab meat/prawns
a cookie

Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
And we all thought models did nothing--not really!
Russian tea
4 oz. strawberry lite yogurt (Activia)
Couple of different choices, huh!
Mr. VA has an appointment with the doctor today and has agreed to go.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Well I wouldn't want to be a model. At least not on a daily basis. It's fun and it's worth the pain once in a while but nothing to do day in and day out.

DS will pick me up from work today. Yes... My colleagues wanted to see him again so my parents will bring him and he'll have a look around the offices...

See you later.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And we all thought models did nothing--not really!
Russian tea
4 oz. strawberry lite yogurt (Activia)
Couple of different choices, huh!
Mr. VA has an appointment with the doctor today and has agreed to go.
good morning NCN. Good luck at the Dr's. Definately not my favorite place to be.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Good morning, Izzy, Diana, Jeannie, Judi, et al.

Nothing much for today. Tonight is my World of Warcraft night (yeah, I'm one of those freaks) haha.

6:55 - Two breakfast tacos, no vitamin (forgot it ), 1/2 Coke

Old 07-17-2008, 08:24 AM

Good morning Steve. Please share. what is the WoW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Good morning, Izzy, Diana, Jeannie, Judi, et al.

Nothing much for today. Tonight is my World of Warcraft night (yeah, I'm one of those freaks) haha.

6:55 - Two breakfast tacos, no vitamin (forgot it ), 1/2 Coke

Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Good Morning all!

Am I missing something on TV Jeannie?

tea first!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
World of Warcraft (WoW) is a game referred to as an MMORPG (Mass Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). It's a fancy term to express a game that anyone can play through their computer if they pay for the service. It's a game based off an old computer game of the same name (World of Warcraft). The game was so successful for computer games, that there were two follow-ons (World of Warcraft II and III). Then, when MMORPGs came out, they created a world based on the computer games.

All the World of Warcraft games are fantasy-based, and pit the Alliance against the Horde. The basic premise is simple... good guys are called Alliance and consist of Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Draenei. The "bad" guys are called the Horde and consist of Trolls, Orcs, Blood Elves, Tauren (like minataurs), and Undead. Both sides have the same things to do (healers, magic users, archers, etc.).

The game itself has three main facets. Questing. There are computer characters throughout the game that offer you quests. Once you successfully complete the quest, you return to that person who rewards you with a beneficial item (armor, weapons, etc.), money, or both. You earn experience and gain levels through questing also. The second facet is doing an "instance." All that means is that you and other players (real people not computer characters) get together through your avatars as a team (either 5, 10, or 25), and go into a "dungeon" type thing. Using all the skills from the players to complete the "instance" which normally results in better 'loot' than you would get from questing. The third part of the game is Player vs. Player. There are places (battlegrounds) you can go to and fight Alliance team against Horde team. The idea is to kill or be killed while playing a "king of the hill" or a "capture the flag" type event. Again, this is player vs player, not against computer generated characters.

Overall the game is fun to play. I enjoy the interactivity of it and have made many friends on there. As long as its not taken to excess (as with anything else), it can be a fun release, way to get together with friends, and kill time if you don't have much to do otherwise. I play also because my kids play. Kind of spending family time together.

(Long again, I know). And probably more information than you wanted. I wrote more about the game on a website I contribute to.. but I don't think we're supposed to put websites here on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals