Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times

Advertisements

Good morning! A tad early but wanted to get this thread started. Just wanted to let all of you know how much your appreciated, each and everyone of you. We have a fabulous attorney and if anyone can pull us through this, he can. Everyone have a great Tuesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
Good morning Jeannie. I hope it will help you that all of us cross our fingers and send you good vibes.

I have this nasty guest again. It's called "craving for all those bad bad things"

slice of bread with sausage (8:45)
Nectarine (9:15)
coffee mug full with cinnamon cereal and low fat milk (9:45)
large bowl of salad with garlic/yogurt sauce (12:00)
vanilla sundae (1:00)

Nothing but some house chores planned for this afternoon.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:17 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,050 times
Good morning Jeannie, Diana, NCN, Judi, Izzy, and Autumn...

I always hope for the best... no use worrying over things we have no control over. It's like I used the tell the Sailors that worked for me...

"As a hurdler in high school track, I can tell you that there is a finite amount of steps you have to take between hurdles. The number varies on the individual's stride, but normally, will be either 5 or 7 steps. It can NOT be 6 or 8. The reason is because that is the number of steps you need to take to get your lead leg out in front for the hurdle. If you use an even number, you will have to change which leg is the lead leg every other hurdle, and that will throw off your pace and rhythm.

Now, you can change the word "God" for "Fate" if you are not religious, but why worry about things you have no control over? God places hurdles in our way to develop us, to make us stronger, to show us what we can accomplish. He places those hurdles an odd number of steps from the previous so we can hit it with the right rhythm to get over it. We just don't realize that when we see it coming. So, if you place your own hurdles in life, there's no guarantee that you are placing it where you can approach it for the best chance of successfully clearing it. Leave the placing of "hurdles" to God/Fate, and worry about only the things you have control over."

Kinda simplified I know, but it worked for many of them.

Diana, I know it just has to tear at your heart strings when DS cries and you have to leave him. My daughter (er... my "princess") used to cry every time I had to go on a deployment on a ship. Knowing I was leaving her for 6 months was not an easy task, but I had to face it only for that day. I can't imagine having to go every day facing her crying for me!! You're obviously a strong person!!

Everyone take care and have a great day!! Two more days until I take my kids to the water park!!

Old 08-05-2008, 06:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Good morning Jeannie, Steve,Diana, Izzy,NCN and Autumn.

Steve-that was so beautifully stated and boy what lucky kids you have. Ah the days of 6 to 12 mo. deployments!!!! My kids couldn't figure out what happened when hubby retired and was home everyday!

Diana a munchy day!!!

Jeannie great lawyers are a blessing in something like this.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:14 AM

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words. Steve, that was beautifully said, thank you.

tea with sugar in the raw at moment...

Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Thanks for starting the thread this morning Jeaninie, we are praying for ya! just don't get too exited eveytime there's something,you don't want to get gray hair so young. I used to wonder why my realtor friends have so much grey hair and have to dye it. now I know! You have a wonderful Attorney,just trust him.

Steve,thanks for writing and keep us entertained so much! we need it!

Coffee first

talk later

Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Good morning Jeannie, Steve, Diana, Izzy, Judi and Autumn. Didn't we used to have a missmousern or is that on Today's question.

I must have missed some things yesterday. Today we will go to Lowes for some serious bathroom talking. Oh, I dread this. I hate to have my home torn apart. If is was just me, I would forget it, but he insists it needs to be done. He is usually right about these things. We have had the same bathroom fixtures for more than 30 years, maybe a new item here and there, but nothing this major. When we are finished with this we won't have to worry about Wachovia. There won't be much money left in it. LOL

Izzy and Jeannie, I sent you some e-mails about health food and you can pass them on to the other posters if you have their e-mail addresses. I saved it on my computer. My best friend sent it to me. We are both constantly looking for new ideas. She is on a 35 grams of fiber per day type diet right now. She is the one that does not have the correct birthdate year on her driver's license. Nobody, but me, knows how old she really is. She is in the beauty business and I have never seen her without her makeup. She looks 35 and has great grandchildren!

Oatmeal
Coffee and milk--going to have to give this up. That is causing my mood this morning.
Banana

Old 08-05-2008, 09:21 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Good morning Jeannie, Steve, Diana, Izzy, Judi and Autumn. Didn't we used to have a missmousern or is that on Today's question.

I must have missed some things yesterday. Today we will go to Lowes for some serious bathroom talking. Oh, I dread this. I hate to have my home torn apart. If is was just me, I would forget it, but he insists it needs to be done. He is usually right about these things. We have had the same bathroom fixtures for more than 30 years, maybe a new item here and there, but nothing this major. When we are finished with this we won't have to worry about Wachovia. There won't be much money left in it. LOL

Izzy and Jeannie, I sent you some e-mails about health food and you can pass them on to the other posters if you have their e-mail addresses. I saved it on my computer. My best friend sent it to me. We are both constantly looking for new ideas. She is on a 35 grams of fiber per day type diet right now. She is the one that does not have the correct birthdate year on her driver's license. Nobody, but me, knows how old she really is. She is in the beauty business and I have never seen her without her makeup. She looks 35 and has great grandchildren!

Oatmeal
Coffee and milk--going to have to give this up. That is causing my mood this morning.
Banana
thanks for the email,very useful stuff,thanks so much!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM

yes NCN, thank you for the email. Things we already know but need the reminder. So, our attorney did his magic and we've come to a very fair agreement concerning the inspections with a closing date of August 20th. Yeah! Now, the last hurdle is their mortgage commitment which we've been told will be this friday. After that, I better get packing.

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 08-05-2008, 10:16 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,050 times
Jeannie.. you have GOT to stop!! lol... After 21 years in the Navy and moving every 3 years or so, I'm starting to get the itch. I've been here since I retired from the military in 2003. That's 5 years. That's the longest I've lived in one place since 1982!! Now... listening to you (and hearing the excitement in your posts), I'm really wanting to move!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals