U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:33 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,818,595 times

Advertisements

I spoke too soon about the bites not itching. I had to take benadryl to get to sleep last night. They are even worse today. Wiggling my feet around seems to help without touching the sore places. Mr. VA put out all the poison we had, but there were still some places he did not get. They just keep popping up. It is easiest to tell where they are right after it rains. He said he saw piles of dead ants but a lot of live ones too. He was on the lawn mower. I don't think I would mow with a push mower until we get rid of these ugly things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 06:16 PM

28,227 posts, read 19,580,332 times
Oh NCN-feel so bad-now I'm getting nervous about moving but guess they're better than tons of snow.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:21 PM

66,361 posts, read 16,340,923 times
Sorry to hear that NCN! Try Aloe Vera plant,not all the Aloe Vera plant helps,there is certain kind. When I get a burn,a cut or a terribe itch,after I spread the juice on it goes away really fast. try it!
Years ago when I was in Hawaii,I was stung by a man-o-war in the ocean,someone gave me a piece of the aloe plant,it didn't swell up.
I have an Aloe plant. I use it frequently.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:34 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,818,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Sorry to hear that NCN! Try Aloe Vera plant,not all the Aloe Vera plant helps,there is certain kind. When I get a burn,a cut or a terribe itch,after I spread the juice on it goes away really fast. try it!
Years ago when I was in Hawaii,I was stung by a man-o-war in the ocean,someone gave me a piece of the aloe plant,it didn't swell up.
I have an Aloe plant. I use it frequently.
Yes, Vitamin E capsules worked for my sons poison ivy a few years back. I just don't have any right now. I just stuck a pin in the pill and put the liquid on the sore place. Poison Ivey was gone in two days.

Judi, most people are not as dumb as I am. I was very aggressive and walked between two hills and evidently stepped into the path of the ants. I was busy throwing out the grits so they were all over my feet before I knew it. They just seem to have taken over one section of our yard. We may have to get a professional to help us if they don't leave soon. I had thrown out poison before without any problem. You just have to keep at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or