Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:43 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times

Advertisements

Good morning! This will be hard to start today's thread without my smileys. The site I use is under repair but I'll do my best. ...okay I feel much better. So we're approaching another weekend and I'm counting the days until my older boys come for their visit next Thursday. I miss them terribly. If I have any regrets leaving NJ, that would be the only one. So, what is on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......Have a fabulous Thursday everyone! http://www.smileysigns.com/smiley/cool.gif--Happy Thursday!--000000--/font/arial.ttf--10.gif (broken link) Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Morning Jeannie,Diana,NCN,Steve,BB,Izzy.

Today's our son's and grandson's birthdays. Of course we're not able to celebrate with them physically. Jennie I know that feeling.

Lunch w/a friend today after a haircut.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Jeannie,Diana,NCN,Steve,BB,Izzy.

Today's our son's and grandson's birthdays. Of course we're not able to celebrate with them physically. Jennie I know that feeling.

Lunch w/a friend today after a haircut.
A big happy birthday wish to both your boys Lacey.

Last edited by jeannie216; 10-09-2008 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-09-2008, 07:38 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
Morning Everyone -

Happy Bday to yours Lacey - What are the ages?

Jennie - I know the feeling from the other end, my mother tells me all the time she'd wish I'd move back to the 'Burgh (Pittsburgh), and if Job ever was up for relocation area, i would suggest Pittsburgh in a heartbeat, I miss the easy cost of living there insanely.

Anyway, pray for me guys that today the martkets calm down a bit and make my job a little easier,...They told us Sr. Analyst that we cannot take off time between now and end of yr, unless its been schedule previously or it will need to be approved by directors.....I soooo need a long weekend right about now.

Breakfast:
English Muff / w butter and lite jelly

Iced coffee with little carmel flavoring

Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Morning Everyone -

Happy Bday to yours Lacey - What are the ages?

Jennie - I know the feeling from the other end, my mother tells me all the time she'd wish I'd move back to the 'Burgh (Pittsburgh), and if Job ever was up for relocation area, i would suggest Pittsburgh in a heartbeat, I miss the easy cost of living there insanely.

Anyway, pray for me guys that today the martkets calm down a bit and make my job a little easier,...They told us Sr. Analyst that we cannot take off time between now and end of yr, unless its been schedule previously or it will need to be approved by directors.....I soooo need a long weekend right about now.

Breakfast:
English Muff / w butter and lite jelly

Iced coffee with little carmel flavoring
Fingers crossed for you Bb and hopes for a nice getaway weekend for you.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:16 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Good morning! Such a good day for a birthday. My adopted son (my son's best friend since kindergarten) is having a birthday today too. I call that feeling "needing a _______ fix." You can add the person's name. Right now I am needing a granddaughter fix. My daughter and her daughter are coming next Friday the 17th.

Please do not have a chat thread for this, but tomorrow is our 44th wedding anniversary. You all did it up good enough last year to last a few years. We are celebrating by going to the zoo. It was Mr. VA's suggestion. We haven't been in years because our first granddaughter was attacked by a dog years ago (She didn't get bit because my daughter held her up above her head but she was very frightened.) and does not like animals. We just decided we don't need a child to take to the zoo. We can just go on our own.

Coffee and milk
banana
vanilla yogurt

BB we are all in this together, but I do hope you get a break! I hope we get a break too. I wish I could borrow Lacey's brain for a little while. We are basically leaving most things alone because we don't really know what would be best to do with it. We are afraid we might move it from a safe place to an unsafe place. Right now it is all over the place and not much in each place. LOL

Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 AM

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

I hope Steve is okay. Haven't heard from him in a couple of days.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 PM

Was just thinking about him-was his foot thing scheduled???

NCN we just moved everything to CD's as Mr L is a severe worrier and I felt for his health that would be best (plus my health having to listen to him!)

BB-that is awful for you-what a mess this has all become.
Our son is 38 and grandson (our daughter's son) is 18. They were both born same day and time to the minute!!!

Had lunch at Bennigans-spinach salad-of course it had egg, bacon, blue cheese and the best dressing! So grilled chicken for dinner.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:20 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Lacey, that sounded like a good idea. Mr. VA gets attached to stocks and will not sell them. I just put the dividends in an account without mentioning it. Lately he has started keeping up with it on the computer though. I sure hope he keeps working. I will never get to do anything he doesn't know about otherwise. My sister-in-law said something about my liking to get forgiveness more than permission. Absolutely!
Bowl of special k with 1% milk for lunch and a few bites of potato chips. Just had a water. Back to housework.

Isn't that wild about your son and grandson?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:11 PM

Yes it's spooky and the doctor thought so too!

NCN I just know he's more comfortable this way. Best of luck to us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals