Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post

Jeannie, how's your work going?
Hi Diana. Not great on the work front. The one hospital job offer I had was over an hour away commute so I declined. I am signed up with a pediatric home care agency but all they have are nights right now and I really don't want to take a night position unless I have to. SO, I'm going to take a trip up to NJ within the next week and work at my old hospital. The pay is 2X what I would make here so its definitely worth the trip. Hopefully something of interest will open up soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, can I blame this cold air on you. You must have brought the cold air with you. Back in 1967 when we were in Colorado for Mr. VA's computer schooling, our landlady kept apologizing for all the rain. Our answer was, "I haven't noticed a lot of rain." We were just having what we were used to and it was a record wet spell for them. We just accept here that sometimes the weather is different from other times. Last year we hardly had a Winter at all. In about a week we have gone from hot to snow in the mountains. Yes, it is cold! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I am sitting in the computer room in my shorts and Disney shirt shivering. It is only 70 degrees in the hallway and I am feeling a draft.

Happy Birthday to Rath's son. He will soon be in college sending home requests for money.

How old is Miguel now? He is so cute!

Lacey, your children are almost as bad as me. When my friend's husband discovered he had Crohn's, she was not a happy camper. She was upset about having to watch what he ate so closely. He seems to be doing fine. That was years ago.

Rath it is amazing to me how different the Applebee's Restaurant can be from place to place. I guess a lot has to do with who is cooking. I haven't been there lately but I used to love their NY strip. We always had to order extra bread. They must not be from the South. Bread is the number one requirement down here.

coffee and milk
yogurt
banana

Morning to all my new Journal Friends.....

So good to see the conversation flowing. Late today but this is one of the 3 thread I must visit everday without fail.

My hubby loves applebees stirlon steak. I love the salads. Apple walnut chicken salad, Pecan crusted chicken salad and Chicken oriental salad. If fact I'm due for a fix today

Lacey....MrL has crohns disease? I dont' know much about it but I know you can keep it under control?

Also B day wishes to the b day boy

and

Miguelsmom........He is adorable And I didnt' like Tai Chi either. Have one more class to go but it is too slow for me too.
We are having an extended class and I am not joining. It is not me either.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh prolly eggbeaters with cheese and 2 strips of turkey bacon. Will be like a brunch by the time I get to eat it. LOL
If I wait a little while I can make it dinner.

My best to all!!!!!!

((((hugs))))

Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, can I blame this cold air on you. You must have brought the cold air with you.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 AM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hi Diana. Not great on the work front. The one hospital job offer I had was over an hour away commute so I declined. I am signed up with a pediatric home care agency but all they have are nights right now and I really don't want to take a night position unless I have to. SO, I'm going to take a trip up to NJ within the next week and work at my old hospital. The pay is 2X what I would make here so its definitely worth the trip. Hopefully something of interest will open up soon.
Jeannie,with your experience I am sure you will find it

Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 AM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Don't forget it's Rance's and Sweden's wedding today!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Jeannie,with your experience I am sure you will find it
Thanks Izzy. I guess I'm spoiled and I want what I want.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Don't forget it's Rance's and Sweden's wedding today!
Hi..........Who is Rance and Sweden?

Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hi..........Who is Rance and Sweden?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...rum-rance.html

Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 AM

Hey that is so cool.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
That is very cool indeed. And Happy Tuesday, everyone! Its windy and cold here in Northern Virginia as well!

Dinner last night: Cheese-filled raviolini with creamy herb wine sauce ...I didn't like it much so I ended up snacking on homemade croutons afterwards.

Breakfast: 4 red bean-filled steamed buns, 1 small glass of OJ, 1 small glass of milk

Lunch: An apple, rice and veggie stir fry, a Dawali pastry (More about Diwali here: Diwali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Afternoon snack: Apple?

Dinner: ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals