Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:14 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Good morning! I may have to take a little trip out to see Izzy soon. I think NCN is right I took the cold weather from NJ with me when we relocated to NC. Now, Saturday is predicting a high around 70 degrees. Much better. So, whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and low fat soymilk......happy Wednesday all! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 05:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning Jeannie and all.

Not sure what's happening here today-but don't think it's wintry out there.

Re house-the people who took the 2nd look on Sun. w/their families-we're now in top 2, they have to move by Jan 1st, would LOVE our house on 2 acs. - well I told realtor lot behind us is available.

Yog/fruit/coffee.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Jeannie and all.

Not sure what's happening here today-but don't think it's wintry out there.

Re house-the people who took the 2nd look on Sun. w/their families-we're now in top 2, they have to move by Jan 1st, would LOVE our house on 2 acs. - well I told realtor lot behind us is available.

Yog/fruit/coffee.
Things sound good Judi. Fingers crossed.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Two acres sounds good to me too. We have bigger houses than ours in this area for more money on 1/4 acre lots. I would much rather have my smaller house and the extra acre that we have above that. Most of the houses on our street have at least 2 acres, but there is one for sale with close to 4 acres--they bought an extra lot years ago when someone wanted to sell. Lacey are you sure you want to move all the way to Eastern North Carolina. We can get to the beach and back in one day and to the mountains and back in one day. People in this area go to Myrtle Beach for a day all the time. Aren't your relatives in Mecklenburg? You might want to give sweet Union a look. We were the fastest growing county in America for two years in a row. It has slowed down a bit and will probably slow down some more with the Wachovia situation, but if the traffic is any indication, we are still thriving.
http://www.co.union.nc.us/

Jeannie, if you listened to the weather report, you probably heard that we are 20 degrees under normal for this time of year. This is what January is usually like. The ski people in the mountains are loving it.

Coffee and milk (2)
yogurt
banana

Old 10-29-2008, 06:22 AM

Morning NCN-family's in NJ. We were thinking Smithfield area but thanx for the info and link and I'll check it out. I love MB-one of my favorite places.

We're on 1/2 ac and have an available 1/2 ac behind us.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning NCN-family's in NJ. We were thinking Smithfield area but thanx for the info and link and I'll check it out. I love MB-one of my favorite places.

We're on 1/2 ac and have an available 1/2 ac behind us.
Smithfield? You and I will be neighbors Judi. Oh, and I love those outlets!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:52 AM

Oh Jeannie how great!!!!!!! Now I really have something to look forward to.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
You know... y'all talking about NC and I still have no desire to move there. Don't know why... strange, isn't it?

Good morning all.

Breakfast was two blueberry PopTarts, 1/2 Coke, vitamins.

Lunch will be leftover beef stroganoff.

Why isn't it snowing here yet!?!?!? Maybe because I live in a freakin' desert! lol

Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Good morning and best of luck to you Lacey. I really hope you get good news.

So you are moving to Jersey. Nice not far from DE.

rath.......you had asked me if what I eat taste good. Yes, I'm used to the fat free sugar free thingie. Been doing this pretty much for 13 years since I stopped smoking. Get used to it.
Not big on sugar anymore. sometimes things are too sweet for me or too greasy.

Probably have an english muffin and strawberries this morning. Left over chicken parm for din and that is as far as I got.

Take care all and remember........you are what you eat!!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Judi, if you click on links and the queenscup steeplechase, I can see the steeplechase entrance from my side yard if I stretch my neck. LOL If you click on media pictures and see the little girl on the horse to the far right, that is where we always watch the race under that tree and one year it was windy and the water spray kept getting us wet! It is always the last Saturday in April.

Myrtle Beach is not my favorite. I like the Outer Banks, but they are too far to go in one day. We usually leave so late to go there that we spend one night on the road between here and there.

We also have a golf course about one mile away in the other direction. It is the Stonebridge Golf Course. I think their address is Monroe, NC. Our address would be that too if we did not have a post office box.

When we first moved here they pulled in the sidewalks we don't have at about 6 P. M. The first time I went out to get a loaf of bread after 6 P. M. I drove 20 miles before I found a store open. We now have a shopping center with Target, Harris Teeter, CVS, etc. only 5 miles away. We go to church in Charlotte and drive through about 6 towns to get there. We start out in Mineral Springs and then go through Wesley Chapel, Weddington, Indian Trail, Stallings, Matthews and then end up in Charlotte. I love country living, but I prefer larger churches. Ours has about 6,000 for Sunday morning services.

Rath, maybe you are just happy where you are. Everybody can't move to North Carolina. We are running out of water. Charlotte was using 2% of its water supply when we first moved to the Charlotte area. Our Union County water lines run all the way into South Carolina. Water is a real issue here. We would be growing much faster, if we had a better water supply. I am not sorry that we don't. I like country.

Last edited by NCN; 10-29-2008 at 07:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals