Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 05:36 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,596,994 times

Advertisements

Good morning! A very brisk morning here for us in NC. Thank you to everyone for your help with my computer yesterday. My next task is to learn how to download all my pics to a disc and then try and restore everything. I may even try and have it done by someone that knows what their doing. So, what are your plans for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk... Happy Wednesday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,795,490 times
Morning Jeannie and all.

Jeannie hope all is fixed. Where you able to do the avg?

Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,537,625 times
And she is not kidding about the cold. We may have had a record cold night for this day. They are also saying we were to possibly have the coldest day we have had this year. I believe they are including last January and February in that. I am really not sure though. Jeannie, think you will be able to stand North Carolina. If your friends had told you how great the weather was and you are wondering what is wrong with them, we haven't seen it this cold this early since 1951. Now when are you moving back to NJ so we can have good weather again? LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I actually like the cold. I hope it kills a few bugs especially fire ants.

Coffee and milk
bowl of cherrios, milk, banana, and sugar.
2 mini peanut butter cups

Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,370,352 times
Brrrr, cold over here too. Add a little rain and it gets really uncomfortable! I had to run to the day nursery today with DS bouncing on my hip, wrapped up like a Christmas bundle with all his thick clothes lol

I'm having a long weekend b/c I have Thursday and Friday off. Christmas shopping with my mom tomorrow and relaxing with DS at home on Friday.

Tonight one of my old class mates will come over for some hot apple whine with cinnamon and lots of things to talk about.

Half a w/w sandwich with creamcheese/slices of cucumber/cheese for breakfast
cup of milk with cinnamon cereal
the other half of the sandwich for lunch
piece of chocolate

I'm off and running now. Take care all!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,935,473 times
Good morning all...

It was even cold here... almost needed a coat. I think it was 38 degrees.

Breakfast was english muffins this morning... I got up early and begged the wife! lol

Jeannie - It depends on how many pictures you have on your computer, but if you have a Windows maching (versus a Mac), they normally have a CD disc reader/writer (CDR/W) on it. CD's hold 750 megabytes (MB) of information per CD. Most images, without formatting as a .jpg type of file are no more than 2 MB. So you could get over 1000 pics on a single CD.

Often, depending on how your computer is set up, if you put in a blank CD into the drive, it will automatically come up with the option to burn (make) a CD. If your pics are all in one place, it should be fairly simple to click on "make a CD" (or whatever the option reads), then navigate to the folder you have your pics under, select them all, then sit back while they are written to CD. I would verify and re-verify they are on the CD before doing anything else (restore, delete them, etc.)!!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:51 AM

72,347 posts, read 18,164,555 times
It did get a little cooler here... I think in the 50's now,I am sure it will be 80 brrrrr....

coffee to start

Stay warm you guys! glad you got the anti virus set up Jeannie. the rest is more fun

Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,795,490 times
Afternoon all-keep warm folks.

This morning was yog/grape nuts.
Lunch-tomato soup
Dinner-out.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 PM

72,347 posts, read 18,164,555 times
breakfast
scrambled eggs on toast
coffee

lunch
stir fried rice, chicken and shrimp

dinnner
soup with noodles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals