Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 04:35 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Off from work today and now I can catch up on things. More importantly tomorrow is a big day for Steve and family, I believe. Lets all send some prayers and good karma their way. Yesterday was a very sad day here in our neighborhood. One of my childrens friends had a 5 month old puppy that just died yesterday. We remember when he took the puppy home back in Sept., a little hound dog and this puppy went everywhere with this boy. He had just moved here about a month before us with his dad, mother lives elsewhere, so a pet was a good thing for him. His father came over last night and announced it to us and my kids, along with our neighbor's kids are devastated. Apparently the boy was on the bike trail and fishing by the pond with the puppy. He walked her home, came inside and the puppy just died. The boy was all alone at the time. We were thinking maybe a snake or spider bite? Very, very strange. She came from a breeder so I'm sure she was healthy. Coffee with sugar in the raw at the moment......have a great Wednesday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 05:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning Jeannie and so sad-that poor child. And your kids too.

Steve's in prayers.

I have to brag a little. Went shopping yesterday as what's left of my jeans,etc were starting to fall off. Picked up a size I thought I was, tried them on-nope had to go smaller. MN poundage gone. I will continue tho as it's always good to have "insurance" pounds.

Had 1 slice very thin crust pizza with spin salad last night. Yog/fruit this morning.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 12-10-2008 at 06:13 AM..

Old 12-10-2008, 06:07 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Good morning all. Thank you very much for the prayers, just a quick note because I have to catch back up with work. Last week and this week have been busy trying to keep the computer servers up. When the software works, the database doesn't, and visa versa. Yesterday, I was down hard with the plague (it was probably just a stomach virus but felt like the plague!!). Today, I'm just sore from my body trying to get rid of the bug in any way possible, and I'm a little dizzy.

No breakfast today (obviously)... just sipping on Gatorade.

I'll try to be back on later, otherwise see y'all tomorrow.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I have to brag a little. Went shopping yesterday as what's left of my jeans,etc were starting to fall off. Picked up a size I thought I was, tried them on-nope had to go smaller. MN poundage gone. I will continue tho as it's always good to have "insurance" pounds.
http://www.smileysigns.com/smiley/cool.gif-- Go Judi --FF0000--/font/comic.ttf--12.gif (broken link)

Old 12-10-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Good morning all. Thank you very much for the prayers, just a quick note because I have to catch back up with work. Last week and this week have been busy trying to keep the computer servers up. When the software works, the database doesn't, and visa versa. Yesterday, I was down hard with the plague (it was probably just a stomach virus but felt like the plague!!). Today, I'm just sore from my body trying to get rid of the bug in any way possible, and I'm a little dizzy.

No breakfast today (obviously)... just sipping on Gatorade.

I'll try to be back on later, otherwise see y'all tomorrow.
feel better Steve.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:02 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Jeannie, It was upsetting to have the dog die, but worse to not know why. There is a setup in NC to check strange animal deaths. He may want to have the dog analyzed to see why it died.

Judi you so deserve that celebration. I am afraid mine was different last night. We had prime rib, sweet potato casserole, vegetable medley, cranberry relish salad, rolls, turtle cheesecake, and water and coffee. Mr. VA had tea. I don't drink tea.

Steve, hope tomorrow goes well and hope the computers stop acting up too.

Starting out the day right.
Coffee and milk
2 slices ww
banana

I am getting ready to wrap a $10 generic gift and head to water exercises. We are having non-alcoholic cocktails after the exercises in the Healthy You party. The gift exchange will be the one where you get to open what you get or choose something someone else already opened and let them open the present. Should be fun.

Jeannie, if we could catch them we have three to six cats coming to eat now. I think I told you Samantha died. She was old, so that was natural. We now have named three of the cats. We have Patches, Tiger or Tigger (haven't decided yet for sure) and a third one has shown up that is totally black and I started calling it Panther. We think Patches is expecting because she and Tiger got chummy. They only let us feed them. Tiger will let Mr. VA pat him on the back but both Patches and Tiger have scratched him when he picked them up. We don't consider them our cats until we can take them to the vet.

Last edited by NCN; 12-10-2008 at 07:16 AM..

Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 AM

NCN that is so cute and now your expecting! Yes, so sad about the puppy. Yesterday I suggested an autopsy to the Dad but he said no and they buried her last night. I didn't want to push the issue and overstep my boundries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, It was upsetting to have the dog die, but worse to not know why. There is a setup in NC to check strange animal deaths. He may want to have the dog analyzed to see why it died.

Judi you so deserve that celebration. I am afraid mine was different last night. We had prime rib, sweet potato casserole, vegetable medley, cranberry relish salad, rolls, turtle cheesecake, and water and coffee. Mr. VA had tea. I don't drink tea.

Steve, hope tomorrow goes well and hope the computers stop acting up too.

Starting out the day right.
Coffee and milk
2 slices ww
banana

I am getting ready to wrap a $10 generic gift and head to water exercises. We are having non-alcoholic cocktails after the exercises in the Healthy You party. The gift exchange will be the one where you get to open what you get or choose something someone else already opened and let them open the present. Should be fun.

Jeannie, if we could catch them we have three to six cats coming to eat now. I think I told you Samantha died. She was old, so that was natural. We now have named three of the cats. We have Patches, Tiger or Tigger (haven't decided yet for sure) and a third one has shown up that is totally black and I started calling it Panther. We think patches is expecting because she and Tiger got chummy. They only let us feed them. Tiger will let Mr. VA pat him on the back but both Patches and Tiger have scratched him when he picked them up. We don't consider them our cats until we can take them to the vet.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 AM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Sorry I am late guys! actually,I am the last one

Congrats! yay Lacey! need to see a pic of you now,great way to start the new year

Sorry to hear about the puppy experience,Jeannie it's hard to see a little thing die

Yes Prayers for Steve and his family! sending Karma and good wishes!

I am almost myself now woke up feeling better,still some stuff in my throat,just have to take time on that!

I really really need some exercise! I feel so fat,I have been eating well though for a change,no restaurant food,just chicken,turkey,honey & lemon and veggies with no salt and very little fat,but I still feel fat! yuck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals