Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 04:56 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Judi, is tomorrow our big trip?? This is so exciting for you! Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......happy Wednesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 05:04 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Morning Jeannie and all-YES!!!!! It is finally here-just will finish up laundry and packing today. So many pills to take for Mr. L-I wonder if these guys really know what they're doing.

Breakfast-yog/fruit
Lunch-1% cott ch, avocado
Dinner-pepper n egg subs.

I am a stess eater and how I haven't locked myself into a room of bacon cheeseburgers is a miracle.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Good morning Jeannie and Judi and everyone else who will be catching up later.

Woo Hoo Judi. I am so excited for you. I hope everything goes smoothly and you have an incredible trip. We'll miss you around here on CD.

Cottage cheese and pears so far.
An apple with cheese soon.

Still hooked on my salad with Feta cheese stuffed into a small ww pita.

Dinner will be more chicken for me. It's a good thing I like chicken, lol.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 AM

Hey Lisa-4.8 more that's awesome. Now comes my "test"-good NJ food.

Yes I'm very hyped-doing last minute laundry, packing-if it was up to me I'd be on the road soon.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Lacey, does on the road mean you are driving? We drive everywhere. When our son was in the Navy we drove to San Diego to his graduation exercises. When we got to Mississippi and Texas we got lots of attention from the highway patrol. It freaked me out. Mr. VA told me they are just checking on the out of state car. I have learned to figure out when they do a check on you. They pull up behind you and stay there for a while and then after they have done with their calling they just move on. If they did that around here, they would never get anything else done. We have cars from everywhere, even Alaska.

Oh, I am about to be late. Had another rough night with tossing and tumbling. It is so strange that one night I sleep 9 hours straight and then cannot sleep at all the next night. I have a CPR class early in the afternoon. I really felt helpless when Mr. VA had his seizure and want to know more what to do in an emergency. I had these classes years ago, but feel I need a refresher and I hear some things have changed.

Lacey, I know what you mean about the medicine. I am forever wondering if all of it is necessary. Have a wonderful trip, however you go.

Coffee and milk
banana
1 slice bologna cut in half
1/4 hoagie roll

Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 AM

NCN yes driving 1500 mi-Mr. L won't fly.

I've got most packed now and in the car-just finishing laundry for the "motel" bag.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:06 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,752 times
w00t w00t Judi! I wish you both a safe trip! Have fun and enjoy every second. Hope everything goes well and that Mr. L can enjoy the trip too!

Lisa, liking chicken helps a lot. I prefer chicken to pork and beef so I cook a lot of dishes with it. However, DH doesn't like it at all, he's the steak/beeeeef man of the family...

Only stayed for 4 hours at work and went home early. I had enough time to clean a lot today so nothing left to do for tomorrow and the weekend.

one and a half w/w bun with cream cheese
1 egg/cucumber sandwich
1 doughnut with sugar icing
German spaetzle dumplings (a sort of pasta) with tomatoe cream sauce and chicken breast (all topped with cheese and baked in the oven)

Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 PM

72,413 posts, read 18,200,999 times
Woo Hooot Lacey! almost there! have a safe trip!

I always have chicken without skin,I hardly eat red meat these days. I just had Chnese chcken with veggies today.
Hot tea

Old 03-11-2009, 05:16 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times
Hi all! Judi, we're all excited for you! Lisa, your doing great. How do you feel? NCN, great thing to know, CPR, that is. Izzy, no red meat here either. On occasion, if someone has sweet sausage, I do indulge. Diana, once again everything you make sounds sooo good!

breakfast...
skipped

lunch...
grilled chicken with marinara sauce on whole wheat

dinner...
salad with croutons and Thousand Island dressing
baked frozen chicken pieces

Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Everybody has such great food choices today. I had Armour treet slices with Hoagie Roll and tomato and onion when I got home from the class and exercise. I am now educated and can save your life. I chose not to get certified. That cost money and I just wanted the information.

I just had steamed broccoli and Mr. VA had that and steamed tilapia. That is my way of cooking. Put it in a steamer, set the timer and go watch TV.

I like chicken, but you can overdo anything. I was born in Wilkes County, but even we can get too much chicken. Mr. VA can't eat much except that and fish. He gets gout.

Oh, for those that do not know, Wilkes County was the home of Holly Farms Poultry which was bought by Tyson. Holly Farms was once the biggest chicken manufacturing company in the world. We had our own free range chickens on the farm. The eggs from the grocery store are nothing compared to the eggs fresh from the hen's nest. The flavor difference is incredible.

Lacey, I am like you. I have to have all the clothes washed up when I leave home. Dirty clothes stink. I am a little jealous. I love to get on the open road and cruise.

Last edited by NCN; 03-11-2009 at 05:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals