Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:13 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

Good morning! NCN, your right. I'm going to miss them when they leave tomorrow. Friday is my son's birthday but we will celebrate tonight with my in-laws at the Outback and then some ice cream birthday cake for dessert. After they leave tomorrow, I have to get back to eating healthier although tonight will probably be Salmon at the Outback for me. Lisa, you really seem to be doing great! Judi, thanks so much for checking in. We miss you! Izzy, what natural supplement is good for blood pressure? I'm thinking mine may be up a bit. Diana, hang in there, Spring is coming. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Wednesday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 05:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Good morning Jeannie,NCN,Diana,Izzy,Lisa.

Jeannie-cannot believe how good I've been - yesterday Mr. L ordered pork roll-I had a teeney corner of his, and a tiny potato.

We have been busy-bought a new car, giving ours to grandson, visiting friends, making plans-whew.

Miss you all.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Good morning, Jeannie, Lacey, Izzy, Lisa and Diana.

Lacey, you go girl. We have been looking for a car for a couple of years now. I fear we have missed a good chance. One car company around here has been offering a buy one get one free. Now they are offering a "new" 2007 for less than $11,000. LOL New? I think my problem is that I love my Le Sabre and if they had another one I would buy it, but they stopped making them. I have back spasms sometimes and it has an adjustable lumbar seat. Once when I had problems, I realized I felt my best when I was sitting in the car.

Coffee and milk
Really huge banana
Dark chocolate and nut Nature Valley granola bar

Lacey, are they married yet?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Good morning Jeannie,Lacey,Lisa,NCN,Diana

Proud of you Lacey! That could become a good habit!

Jeannie,let me ask around what is good to lower blood pressure.

Just had some water, going out for a walking exercise

thenn oat meal when I come back

Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Hi NCN-not yet - the 28th.

They had that deal here and our friend (our dealer) had someone go "undercover" to that dealership and what they're doing is inflating the price dramatically on car #1.

We always buy from this guy as does our son-in-law for his business, our daughter,son, their friends. He gave us a great deal and is delivering the car tonight. I'm so excited!!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:11 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Jeannie, send some of this icecream cake over. I never had icecream cake before so it would be an adventure...
I hope you have much fun with your family and that the parting doesn't hurt so much.

Judi - w00t w00t. Sounds like your a busy bee. Take good care of Mr. L so that you both can enjoy your vacation and the party!

NCN, we are also driving our car till it breaks down. We have a Nissan built in 2001 and we drove not even 50.000 miles with it. I just got it back from the garage today and had a piece of the exhaust pipe repaired. I'm glad that I can take my parents' car b/c my mom doesn't drive and my dad is away the whole week. It's way too expensive to buy a car every other year over here. The regulations are very strict, old cars are to go to scrap (sp.?), for bigger cities you need certain stickers that define which kind of exhaust class you have etc.

Today I took a nap with DS. My mom called in sick today and is at home so now I have two to nurse. DS is already asleep and I want to do some ironing today.

09:00 w/w sandwich with 2 slices of sausage
09:30 small chocolate bar (my colleague is pregnant and munching/giving out sweets all day - I hope she doesn't expect me to grow round with her lol)
03:30 oven potatoes with sour cream
06:30 half a white wheat bun with sausage, 2 chicken nuggets

Old 03-18-2009, 05:05 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times
dinner:

spinach salad and shrimp on the grill and a half of caffeine free coke

Just stopping in to say hey too you all and hope y'all be doing well.
Jeannie, spring is coming,

Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
dinner:

spinach salad and shrimp on the grill and a half of caffeine free coke

Just stopping in to say hey too you all and hope y'all be doing well.
Jeannie, spring is coming,
What a wonderful surprise! Hugs to you!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post

Jeannie,let me ask around what is good to lower blood pressure.

Thank you Izzy. I appreciate that.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:07 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Diana, we have a Buick Century that is so old they don't make parts for it anymore. I love it because it is so easy to drive. We are going to have to go to a wreck lot to find a fuse that controls the automatic door locks and the inside light, etc. It has over 170,000 miles and is still going strong. I think I trust it more than I do the Le Sabre that is several years newer than it is. I just noticed that it has more than 90,000 miles on it. We used to trade cars when the mileage got to 60,000. Times have changed.

I had fish, french fries, slaw and hushpuppies from Captain D's for lunch. I started to Wendy's to get a couple of side salad's to take home and turn into one salad. The line was so long and not many people were at Captain D's and the sign said senior discount. Not the best choice, but I shared with Mr. VA and he liked it too. It was his afternoon snack.

Dinner was popcorn and 2 turkey sausages.

Jeannie and Autumngal, I should be in your neck of the woods dropping off handbags some time Saturday afternoon. Just a little side trip on our way back home from our daughters. We leave tomorrow morning. Wonder which handbag she will choose? Remember my shopping week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals