Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Welcome painter! Not to worry. A very easy going group here. We all have our good days and not so good days.

lunch...

Romaine salad with low fat Ranch and croutons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,077 times
Girls, I just had another graham cracker..I have taken 2 benadryls, an aleve and now two advils..my hives are hurting..so maybe the best thing is to just knock myself out...

Not sure about lunch, trying to get through the morning here..

later

Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Oh DMom-feel better.

Lunch was out and 2 poached eggs on whole wheat eng muffin dry toasted.

Dinner-homemade chicken dumpling soup-it's so cold here-yuk.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:19 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
Made it threw the grocery store and I DID NOT buy any junk food, no soda, cookies, chips, ect. It is the first time in a very long time and my bill went UP! Had my cereal with a banana and fat free milk for lunch and I am on my 3rd pint of water. Just picked a whole bag of crook neck yellow squash to steam tonight, now that is heaven! Can not believe the veggies are already coming in here, so so happy, I love fresh picked veggies. Tonight will be just that corn- tomatoes- cukes- squash, oh yeah, I am excited!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:22 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Painter I have found the same thing-our food bill has about doubled as I only buy healthy-except for Mr. L sneaking his cookies, cheetos, chips,etc.

I snacked on some mini shredded whears - about 5.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 PM

72,410 posts, read 18,198,148 times
oh! feel better dogmom.anytime. Better to rest up!

Good for you Painter for not buying junk food

I had some steamed fish at noon,no sauce, tea

Dinner had a hamburger with no buns,icedberg lettuce,water.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:33 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Here comes the junkie. We had fun today. Went for bingo at the local Bojangles and had a steak biscuit and seasoned fries with coffee and creme and then I did a coke refill. All that salt really made me thirsty.

We won 2 gravy biscuits, a pumpkin pie, and a bacon egg and cheese biscuit. The last time we won these things we gave three of them to a friend who was spending time at a nearby hospital with her husband. We just like to play the bingo with the group. I came really close to winning a full breakfast. That is the big prize for completely filling up the bingo card. I had everything but one full about 10 to fifteen numbers before someone else got it.

I had leftover potatoes for dinner after I jazzed them up with onion and pickles. More coffee and milk.

Mr. VA had steamed fish and broccoli and hushpuppies. I just was not in the mood to eat that.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,077 times
Well the pain is getting worse, I have a dr. appt tomorrow at 2..feels like shingles..hope it's not but would not surprise me. I need some pain pill or something..shooting pains..

I had 4 saltines with a slice of cheddar cheese for lunch..fell asleep about 4 due to the benadryl I guess, woke up and had a bowl of cereal. not a great eating day...popcorn sounds good so might pop some...

Have great evening ladies, chat tomorrow..

Old 05-27-2009, 12:50 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Good Morning Ladies, I too was invited in here! But gosh this is gonna be intimidating to log what I eat, do and dont do. Hope you don't throw me out for my soooo bad habits. Last time I tried and actually lost weight I kept my own journal and it most certainly works well, if you are honest about it.

So far and yes I know this is horrible but it is my addiction: My first 8oz. glass of water and now for my Glass of pepsi, not a coffee drinker.
Welcome aboard painter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Ladies, if one could be thrown off the thread, I would have been gone long ago. They may think a lot, but they don't say anything but "that's O. K. and tomorrow is another day." Get rid of any guilt is the first rule. Every day is a new day is the second.
NCN, believe me, I'm the one living as far away from a diet as possible so it would be me who would have been kicked out before you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well the pain is getting worse, I have a dr. appt tomorrow at 2..feels like shingles..hope it's not but would not surprise me. I need some pain pill or something..shooting pains..

I had 4 saltines with a slice of cheddar cheese for lunch..fell asleep about 4 due to the benadryl I guess, woke up and had a bowl of cereal. not a great eating day...popcorn sounds good so might pop some...

Have great evening ladies, chat tomorrow..
Keeping my fingers crossed that it's not shingles! Get well soon!

Dinner was some Basmati rice, fried in a wee bit of sesame oil with onion cubes and shripms and Chinese seasoning.

After step aerobic I had a small milk chocolate bar. The perfect end for the day. Early to bed with a new book.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:34 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times
after a hair appt. and not getting home till around 8:00 last night, dinner was some watermelon and microwave popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals