Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,790,065 times

Advertisements

Morning NCN-what a sight that must've been. Too funny.

Hey guys-I did this because I was scared s---less by my ankles and feet blowing up and the way I felt-slow, sluggish. I am an "emotion" eater and being here put me in such a blue funk that I ate my way thru.

I am with you all on this journey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 09:41 AM

72,336 posts, read 18,161,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
lACEY, You go girl!!! I have gained all this weight in the last 2 yrs or so, Miserable too. I swore after I lost the 50 I would never gain it back and well I put 30 of it back on. When I was working all the time and was in shape it didn't bother me for I had awhole lot of muscle going on but now all the muscle is turning "soggy".

As to salt, I dont even use it to cook with, but the saltine crackers have more than enough. With the heat here I really need some salt intake during the summer. Also I have sea salt for potatoes, cant have potatoes with out salt now!

Anyway I m off to relax, been a long day for me. And the top of my head did get a sunburn today, lol, nothing else though, strange for me. Hope you all have a nice evening.
I always look at the salt content on the side before I buy something,if I buy a can of soup,if the salt content is high then I would use it but dilute it. I'd rather make my own soup. It's hard here where I live,because there are restaurants eveywhere,prices for chinese lunch specials run between 5 - 7 dollars. too much competition and good food.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:13 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,433,521 times
Morning All, Hope you all are having a wonderful day..........You all have been so great with helpful info so here is my question for the day, lol, back to the starvation mode. Been up since 5:30 and just am not hungry, so here I sit with the daily dose of caffiene. My eating habits are poor at best so I am wanting to know if you all eat because it is needed even when you dont want to? I know I would do better IF I was able to get on a regular schedule but I just dont eat till I am hungry and as you now know that may be awhile. Geeze if it was calorie intake I should weigh 80 lbs soaking wet and be a size -0!!! Just trying to figure this stuff out in my old age, never had a problem when I was young, could polish off awhole pizza and not think twice. Old age really stinks you know, well maybe not!!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,368,985 times
Quote:
Morning All, Hope you all are having a wonderful day..........You all have been so great with helpful info so here is my question for the day, lol, back to the starvation mode. Been up since 5:30 and just am not hungry, so here I sit with the daily dose of caffiene. My eating habits are poor at best so I am wanting to know if you all eat because it is needed even when you dont want to? I know I would do better IF I was able to get on a regular schedule but I just dont eat till I am hungry and as you now know that may be awhile. Geeze if it was calorie intake I should weigh 80 lbs soaking wet and be a size -0!!! Just trying to figure this stuff out in my old age, never had a problem when I was young, could polish off awhole pizza and not think twice. Old age really stinks you know, well maybe not!!
Painter, I usually eat when I'm either hungry or have an appetite. Unfortunately the appetite comes more often than the hunger. Anyhoo' I guess it's healthier to let your stomach be hungry from time to time or your body forgets how it is to get hungry b/c he's always on a certain level of having food in itself. However, you shouldn't be too hungry or you'll eat anything you can get in a very short time and mostly also huge amounts (at least that's what I do sometimes when I don't get anything to eat in time ) I guess it helps to learn a certain cycle when to eat. If you're not hungry for breakfast try an early lunch, only a small snack and an early dinner. The earlier dinner, the better. At least that helps me...

Old 06-07-2009, 01:12 PM

Just a random post here, thought you might get a chuckle out of. My dd told me today that I needed to see a doctor, that she thought I had a serious problem. When I asked her why she felt that way, well she says Any women that would turn down a Cinnabon to clean a bathroom needs to see a Shrink!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,254,698 times
Hi girls..checking in briefly..made it down to SoCal...flew from Seattle to Palm Springs yesterday, wiped out today...will not have internet at the new house for a few days so trying to keep up a bit here at my mom's..

wanted to say hi.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,790,065 times
LOL DD may be right!!!! Why not a piece of fruit in the morning or a piece of whole wheat toast w/jam?

Lunch today was Special K snack bars (2) at 90 cal each.

Dinner leftover chili.

Jeans I bought a few weeks ago-too big.

Hey DogMom-enjoy

Last edited by LaceyEx; 06-07-2009 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-07-2009, 05:05 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,529,817 times
Lacey, you are incredible.

There is a Weighdown diet book that suggests letting your guts growl before you eat. Painter, your steak and veggies sounded good last night. Just whatever works for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Weigh-Down-Die...4416097&sr=8-1

Old 06-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Lucey, she is right you know, you are incredible!

I have to tell you all I have a horrible sweet tooth now that the buns are gone. SaraLee makes a blueberry pie that has o transfat and it is sugarless, it is wonderful. It is in the oven and the fat free frozen yogert is in the freezer just waiting...as am I!

NC I will admit that dinner last night was to to to good!

The one thing I will miss WHEN I sell this place is walking out to the field and picking fresh veggies.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,529,817 times
Quote:
Lucey, she is right you know, you are incredible!

I have to tell you all I have a horrible sweet tooth now that the buns are gone. SaraLee makes a blueberry pie that has o transfat and it is sugarless, it is wonderful. It is in the oven and the fat free frozen yogert is in the freezer just waiting...as am I!

NC I will admit that dinner last night was to to to good!

The one thing I will miss WHEN I sell this place is walking out to the field and picking fresh veggies.

I have missed that since I got married. I grew up on a small farm and we only went to the grocery store for staples like flour, coffee, sugar, etc. We even grew our own corn and Dad went to the mill and had it ground. Mom canned and froze food all Summer and we ate it the following Winter. Dad killed two hogs and one young calf every year and we fished for trout in our local creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals