U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 AM

7,575 posts, read 6,834,628 times
Default Monday, Monday food journal

Good morning! A busy weekend behind us and here we are again. Friday afternoon my in-laws took the kids out shopping and spoiled them with clothing and more, Saturday we had baseball playoff game, dinner, Sunday, more shopping for the kids, another dinner out and then finally an ice cream cake to celebrate my in-laws 48th anniversary and upcoming Father's Day which we won't be able to spend with my Father in law. Tonight my son may have 2 baseball games back to back and although my in-laws were leaving this morning for NJ, they decided to stay another day to watch the games. They will be on their way back tomorrow morning. Very, nice visit. So how were everyone elses weekends? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Monday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,012,360 times
Good morning Jeannie,NCN,Izzy,Lisa,Painter,DogMom and our Diana.

Jeannie what a great weekend and the nice thing about retirement is your in-laws can choose to stay another day.

NCN I know she loved it.

Yesterday we took a ride and lunch was a Special K snack bar.

Leftover roasted turkey, corn on the cob and mac salad was dinner.

Breakfast today-yog/fruit.
Dinner-steak, baked pot, salad.

Happy Monday all and Jeannie good luck at games tonight.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:02 AM
NCN

13,962 posts, read 11,380,165 times
Good morning Jeannie,Lacey,Izzy,Lisa,Painter,DogMom and our Diana.
Back on track today. Eating right and off to the aquatic center.
Coffee and milk
2 eggo waffles
banana
Jeannie, to stay another day means they are enjoying themselves. When do you think they will move down. We were looking at houses in Culpeper last week. There is a whole new development right behind my daughter and one is a repossession that you can see from her home.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 AM

6,196 posts, read 3,123,212 times
Morning Ladies, Been really busy and just had to check in on all of you! I have avoided the dreaded scale for the past 4-5 days, just to dang upsetting but this morning well....down abit more finally. That is a total of 10 lbs even!! Now I am stuck on bold........dang it..... afddfffd Okay there it goes---sorry! I went for over a week and didn't loose a oz. Well I am back to work in the a.m. and that should help the progress along or at least I hope it does.
Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
I

Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 AM

54,975 posts, read 11,457,476 times
Good morning everyone!

Great to see you back Jeannie! a little spoiling is fun for the kids!

Lacey,I saw cooking show on TV on corn on the cob marinated with delicious stuff on it. yum!

NCN! stay on track,you always have all these delic food!

Painter,don't worry,just one day at a time

I am having some coffee first,going out for my walk.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Status: "Only 13 more days till next vacation" (set 12 hours ago)

12,722 posts, read 3,004,686 times
Jeannie, sounds like you've had a lot of fun at the weekend!

NCN, the butterfly sounds extraordinary! I would have loved it so I believe you granddaughter loves it too.

Judi, how's Mr. L doing?`

Painter - don't be so hard on yourself. The body has to adjust to the dieting but I know how frustrating that is!!!

Our weekend was great. Went to a medieval festival with another couple of our friends. We had some delicious food there (small breads stuffed with bacon and molten cheese and topped with some sourcream / large slices of bread baked in a pan with some kinda garlic topping, then topped with tomatoe cubes, onions and mouthwatering herbs / glazed almonds / dark beer with cherry flavor / a French crèpes stuffed with molten chocolate - see I'm drooling again) and we watched a band playing on bagpipes and other old instruments.

Sunday was rather relaxing time in our garden.

Today was back to business. We said good buy to our secretary who'll be a pensioneer from Monday on. She brought food for everyone for lunch so I spent more time helping her prepare the food and eating it than working lol

Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. three quarter of a kaiser roll, and a bite of DS's squashed strawberries w/ milk
Lunch at 11:30 half a bun with cheese
half a bun with some kinda sausage
a portion of pasta salad
1 large piece of cake
Snack: another small piece of this cake - it was so delicious.

I'm still full so I won't have dinner (well maybe some pineapple).

Have a terrific Monday!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,012,360 times
Way to go Painter!

Diana he's doing much better (especially mentally) after positve test last week-no surgery (for the near future) but new drugs. One day at a time.

Whew-just back from shopping-it is expensive to eat healthy-between fruits/vegs and healthy stuff it's close to $100 plus per trip (2x a week). Just made pineapple salsa for tomorrow, a huge fruit salad, spinach salad (I couldn't give it up!) and have a steak marinating for dinner.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Status: "Only 13 more days till next vacation" (set 12 hours ago)

12,722 posts, read 3,004,686 times
Judi, this is good news. I'm thinking of you and your hubby's health!
I know that you already wrote it down somewhere, but could you please write down your recipe for spinach salad again?
Last week I saw fresh spinach in the super market and I asked hubby if I should try it. But he's not keen on experiments, so I need a recipe before I try to risk his life lol

Old 06-15-2009, 02:18 PM

6,196 posts, read 3,123,212 times
Mid-day check in: Wanted to share with you all a fat free blueberry muffin mix I tried for lunch, one of those just add water mixes from martha white. The mix makes 6 muffins, they are more berry than muffins and they are small, like 3 bites each. They are good though. Have to admit I ate 3 of them for breakfast and then a 1/2 sandwich of lemon pepper chicken on wheat with a pickle. Thats is so far today, not snacking at all now!

Lacey I am thrilled that Mr. L is doing so much better, not stressing over surgery is wonderful!!

Miguels, They have a festival every weekend in May in middle Tn at the castle, they are such fun. I did not miss it for the first 8 yrs!

Old 06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
NCN

13,962 posts, read 11,380,165 times
Good evening. Did pretty good today, but could improve some.
We did both water exercises and weight room exercises. I did more than a mile on the sit/step machine. I have bad knees, so I sit to do most of my exercises out of water. In the water, I can do most anything anyone can.
Lunch was 2 T. pimento cheese spread between two slices of whitewheat toast
bread and butter pickles
Coffee and milk
I was still hungry so I had some corn flakes and sugar and milk--I shouldn't have done that.
So for dinner, I left off the meat and had green beans, tomato slices, onion bits, cucumber slices and something else I could have left off--2 biscuits.
Coffee and milk.
I made the biscuits from scratch, but I love those Martha White packages. I usually choose the strawberry or banana nut, but I make the blueberries for Mr. VA. The garlic cheese biscuits are good too. They are much cheaper at Dollar General if you have that store in your area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals