Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:40 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Good morning! NCN, I must have missed something, what happened to your foot? I need to catch up on older threads before starting in the morning. Tonight we go back to school for my son to get his schedule and meet his teachers and tomorrow for my daughter. Monday is our first day I believe. Football is a lot of fun. The coaching down here is very good and they love my son. I told the coach as long as he is listening and respectful thats all I care about. He has probably learned more in a few short weeks than he had in 4 years playing in NJ. Coaching makes all the difference in the world. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water wth lemons
supplements

lunch...

yogurt with falxseed and Grapenuts

dinner...

not sure

Happy Wednesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning Jeannie,NCN,Izzy,Diana,Lisa-

Jeannie they put a lot of weight and credence into football in NC-so glad he's foinf great.

Cold (60) rainy day here so meatloaf and baked potatoes on the menu.

Breakfast-yog/fruit
Lunch-cottage ch/avocado.

We went out yesterday and I had scrambled eggs and slice of ham.

Happy Weds. all.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning ladies.

Oh no Judi, it is way too early to start getting cold but the meatloaf sounds good..

Oatmeal and honey for breakfast.

Then I have to do something with all of my zucchini.

I am making a new zucchini muffin recipe for snacking.

Dinner, I am making a zucchini and carrot fritter with fresh corn on the cob.

Lunch will be tomatoes and feta cheese or broiled with swiss cheese. Did I tell you I have about 10 tomatoes to eat?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:50 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Jeannie, it's great when the kids are out and about outside and not sitting infront of the PC the whole day. I'm glad your son likes the new team so well!

Judi - send some of the cooler weather over, please. Last night I had 78°F in my bedroom under the roof *sweaty*

Lisa - send some of the zucchini over. We don't have enough space in our garden to grow veggies but I'd like to bake a zucchini cake, now that you mention it. Or make spaghetti with cream sauce and zucchini? Yummie!

The pool party last night was great. The water had 73°F but it was quite cool in the evening, I guess fall is coming soon.
The food we had was delicious. I ordered 3 different pizzas, 3 different Indian dishes and 3 different salads with diff. dressings and Italian Panini rolls to go with the salads.
After tasting a bit here and a slice there and some more here I was quite satisfied lol

Nothing planned for today. I want to go to bed early but don't know if I make it. There's still two baskets of clothes waiting to be ironed and I need to do something in the kitchen too...

Breakfast:
piece of cake (I just can't escape b/c my other colleague brought a b/day cake today!)

Lunch:
slices of cucumber
1 w/w bun with cream cheese
another piece of cake

Dinner:
nothing planned so far...

NCN, is your foot better today?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Good morning ladies. When I had a garden the thing that grew better than anything was squash and what did my family like the least, squash. I think tomatoes and cucumbers and green beans are the vegetables that taste so much better out of the garden. I miss all those wild greens that we would collect from the corn fields and creek banks when I was young.

Lisa, you may not like this as much as I did but instead of putting salad dressing on our garden lettuce and young onions along with the wild greens, my mother would fry bacon, take it out and make something she called thin gravy with the drippings, milk and salt and pepper. She then poured it over the salad and it wilted the salad and it was absolutely melt in your mouth good. The only difference between thin gravy and cream gravy is that there is no flour in the thin gravy.

I made myself a pancake this morning
pat of butter
tablespoon or two of white syrup
3 slices of bacon
coffee and milk

Jeannie, I dropped a very heavy stool on my foot about a week ago. It did not hurt after the first pain went away, but is taking forever to heal. It has gotten to the point that I wonder if I should have had it x-rayed. Mr. VA has an appointment tomorrow and I plan to show it to the nurse and see if she thinks the doctor needs to see it. We use the same doctor. I have one of the best diagnostic doctors ever, so they will know what to do about it.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:42 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Good morning Jeannie,Lacey,Lisa,Diana,NCN

Love zucchini bread,anything zucchini, I just don't make much of it. You guys are sure talented

I didn't eat too much at the buffet last night,I now know how to curb myself. Didn't eat rice,noodles,fried foods,no sush,because there is rice on it, there was a single tuna,I ate that.

Breakfast will be soymilk with cereal. coffee.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,355 times
Good morning all...it's about 10:45 a.m. here in Southern California...

I hope that there is room for one more on this thread...I ran across it yesterday and I like it! It seems more my speed...some of the threads go too fast and I just can't keep up! As most of you know I spend a good deal of time in 'Other Topics', particularly reading and posting in Karla's 'Question of the Day'.

I am assuming that this is basically a thread to list what you've eaten throughtout the day...not sure where y'all are at, geographically, but it looks like you post pretty early...looks like I'll be posting late if that isn't a problem!

NCN...did I see that you are using the Weight Watcher point system? I pretty much use that myself, as I've been a WW for almost 37 years...it took me that long to reach my goal!! I reached my goal about 2 years ago, and for some reason I'm having some difficulty in staying there over the past few months! I need to shed about 9 lbs. to get back on track...maybe being here will help!

As Lisa knows, I'm a big fan of ice cream with peanut butter...maybe I should stop that nightly treat?!

So, I hope to get to know y'all better...I enjoy everyone's posts throughout C-D. Thanks for this thread...it just may provide the accountability I need!

Have a great Wednesday ladies!

Old 08-19-2009, 12:31 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Hi Carmac-welcome to our group.

We find that by posting what we eat we stay on track for the most part.

I started last June when I reached my highest weight ever due to moving here and becoming a depression eater-and bot did I eat. Last June I said enough is enough and took control and now just about 70 lbs less and back to my former self-I feel wonderful. My trick? Didn't diet-changed lifestyle.

We would be thrilled to have you here daily.

NCN Mr. L's Mom made some awesome mashed potatoes with bacon, bacon gravy and wilted lettuce. After having them 41 yrs ago I can still remember them.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Welcome carmac.
Lisa, the foot is much better today because I have been keeping it elevated. It scares me when it swells up?? It is really funny that the red and bluish places now look like letters. Looking from one direction it looks like I--F and from the other direction it looks like J--I. And there is a bridge between the letters. At first the top of my food was dark blue or black half way up the foot starting at the three smaller toes. The biggest impact came right above the second toe in that line. Now the two toes next to the big toe are colored more of a grayish and there is a spot to the right of the big toe and under my ankle bone. The blood is leaving the bad area. It is my left foot.

This subject is connected to the food journal. I keep my scales under the counter in the bathroom and the stool sets in front of it. I was in a hurry and sat the stool out on the carpet in the hallway so I could pull the scales out to weigh and did not notice the stool was not steady until I saw it falling. This stool is just a couple of inches lower than the cabinet in the bathroom and it fell full force on my foot. I had to bend over to get the scales, so I did not see it until it was too late. Wham! If I had not been bending over the stool would have hit my body or my leg and it would not have been so bad. It was like my foot getting hit by a hammer.

carmac, I did regular WW years ago and never had much of a loss. Weight control has been a lifelong project for me starting about the eighth grade. I kept control through most of high school and did all right until the birth of my children. Don't want to talk about those years and I had just given up yoyoing up and down until our daughter gave us a WW points kit for our anniversary. I had tried everything and could lose about 20 pounds and then I would get so weak I would have to quit again. I had told her that I had tried WW and hated it and would never go to WW again.

Well I haven't but we visited her, came home on Sunday and Monday morning Mr. VA got up and said, "Are we starting this today?" He had never been on a diet before in his life and it was really funny seeing him diet. He would come home from work and tell me he had used 6 points and would be just about ready to drop. I finally had a talk with him and explained that he really should eat more during the day. He told me he was so scared he would come home and I would have something really great to eat and he would not have enough points left to eat it. So we started planning what we would eat for dinner the next night so he could eat during the day. Well there is more, but to cut the story short, we stayed on the maximum points we could have for our weight for one year. We commited to do it for one year. We had no points days for things like family reunions, Christmas, Fourth of July, etc. But not many. I really should have commited for the rest of my life and this time I did. The only reason I weigh now is to see how many points to use this week. I am not telling you what that is though. LOL

It is amazing to see how differently I eat while on the points and how I eat while on a structured diet. I really don't like most meats very much--at least none that I can have. Sorry, I did not mean to write a book. I love the points system because of the choice factor. I am too undisciplined for anything else. I have done a food evaluation on what I eat and usually get enough protein, etc. So now I just count points and enjoy. I find that sometimes I just want a certain food, other times I need to feel full, etc. but I can adjust and do that. Your body really tells you what you need to eat. Just look at the following list, but don't go by it, please.

HT cookie--these are cookies that are free at Harris Teeter's door.
grapes
coffee and milk

Lots and lots of coleslaw made with real sugar and low fat mayonnaise and vinegar and salt.
banana
Strawberry fruit/2O

Old 08-19-2009, 03:12 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Izzy- Good job at the buffet. You have much better willpower than me.

NCN- Glad to hear your foot is better. Take care of it.

Diana- How much room do you have for a garden? I did the "Square Foot Garden" this year. It is great for small spaces and beginners. I have one 4 foot by 4 foot box and one 3 foot by 10 foot box. The theory is you can grow just about anything in a 1 foot by 1 foot square. Except for zucchini. One zucchini plant needs a 3 foot by 3 foot section. That is a monster plant but it keeps on producing. Anyway if you want to see more about Square Foot Gardens I started a thread awhile back:
Square Foot Gardening Anyone?

Carmac- It's good to see you over here. I am not a regular here but I pop in enough so these nice ladies don't forget about me. I have never been a skinny minnie and my weight has always fluctuate. As an adult I have been anywhere from 133(too low for my frame) to 165(too much for me, lol). Anyway over the winter I crept back u to 156 and I started a diet with my DH. He also put some weight on this past winter. I wrote down everything that we ate. I ate anything I wanted but only 1200 calories a day while hubby got 1500 calories per day. I got down to 139 which was the lowest I've been in 10 years. I'm just not as toned, lol. Now I am at 141 so I am in the ballpark. Lacey(Judi) is my biggest inspiration. She is true and steady.

I made zucchini brownies today. Ok, so they are "nothing" like real brownies but they are chocolaty. Maybe I should add some peanut butter. It's almost time for me to make my carrot/zucchini fritters. Hopefully they will be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals