Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:30 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,795,490 times

Advertisements

Hi Spiderbear-welcome ad I'm maintaining but would love to drop a few more.

Glad you joined us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,539,880 times
Judi...that chicken sandwich sounds wonderful...I love anything on a Ciabatta! I'm especially partial to Mimi's meatloaf sandwich on ciabatta...it always makes 2 meals for me!

I haven't had a homemade stuffed pepper in years, although I sometimes buy the frozen peppers that Stouffers makes...they are pretty good (not as good as homemade of course) and not very high in calories.

Spiderbear...welcome...you'll like it here!

Lunch was...

small (2" by 2") square of veggi lasagne
bread stick
salad
apricots

Later.....

Old 08-27-2009, 04:38 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,596,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
I've been reading these threads for a bit, so I might as well chip in I guess. Figured out I'm 8lb away from the ideal weight for my height..so let's see if we can do this!

Breakfast: Diet cherry pepsi, handful of fresh green grapes

Lunch: Was just going to be a pecan pie Larabar (sooo good, I recommend ANY of them if you're looking for a high protein, filling snack). Buuuut it's orientation week at school so they were giving away free pizza. I had a small slice of pepperoni from Toppers, but there were FOUR places giving away free pizza.

Dinner: Probably going to be fettucini with sundried tomatoes, garlic, and pulled chicken. Maybe a bit of alfredo sauce, as DH will whine and cry if I don't.

Stewed a bunch of 37 cent per pound chicken legs yesterday to make pulled chicken for wraps and a ton of chinese chicken broth for 50 calorie per serving mushroom and eggdrop soup. I love my low cal chinese replacements! Makes it so much easier to eat healthy when everything is a treat.
Welcome spiderbear! I'm about where you are with my goal. I have about 7 or 8 lbs. to go.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM

72,347 posts, read 18,164,555 times
Welcome Spiderbear! not hard to set your goal here!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,537,625 times
Good evening. I got started off bad this morning and didn't even bother stopping by. You really don't even want to know. Hope I got it all out of my system today. See you all tomorrow.

Welcome spiderbear. I love that name.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:21 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,310,177 times
Thanks for the well wishes today. I wasn't nervous at all until they did the x-rays, made me wait while the Doctor read them, and then they made me go back in for more. Everything is fine. I went out to the waiting room and I thought my DH was going to have a heart attack. He was a wreck. He has been hiding it from me so I had no idea he was so nervous about my re check. I hope never get sick on him. I don't think he would handle it very well. He is ecstatic that I am ok and so am I.

Welcome spiderbear.

Izzy- Stay safe and cool.

Carmac- Here is Jaxson's Daughter's Blue Ribbon Recipe.

Pecan Pie Muffins
2 c. Brown sugar, packed
1 c. Flour
2 c. Pecans, chopped
1 1/3 c. butter, melted
4 lg Eggs, beaten

Combine brown sugar, flour & pecans; set aside.
Combine butter & eggs; mix well. Stir in flour mixture until moistened.
Fill mini muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake 350º for 15-20 minutes or until done.
Remove from pans & cool on wire racks.

If you don't remove them from the pan they get cement hard once the sugar cools. These were a blue ribbon & state fair entry winner at our county fair for Jaxson's DD. Enjoy~

Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 PM

72,347 posts, read 18,164,555 times
Lisa!! so happy for the good news! You gotta relax your dh now!
Thanks for the recipe!

It was 105 degrees with bad air because of the fire. Now I see less smoke now,cooled down a lot

Lunch Iced tea,tuna fish sandwich,tomatoes,cut up some carrots

Dinner brown rice and cod fish.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,539,880 times
Lisa...I'm so happy about your news...I'm happy for your hubby too!

Thank you for the recipe...I've got to try these as soon as the weather cools off...today it was 109.9 on our patio...in the shade!

I was out earlier, so ran by Del Taco and picked up two chicken soft tacos for dinner...my daughter gets home from Africa tomorrow...so hopefully things will calm down a bit!

Have a great evening...

Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,370,352 times
Spiderbear - welcome, welcome! Hope you have as great a time as I have being around the girls here!

Lisa - w00t w00t, good news ! I'm glad you're okay, also for your dh!!! The poor guys always suffer for us.

carmac - my parents love stuffed peppers but I don't like them at all. In the last weeks I got to know that peperonis and mini pepers marinated in oil and stuffed with cream cheese are delicious. Maybe I should try the stuffed peppers too. Since I had DS my eating habit changed a lot and I eat things I never liked before I got pregnant

Dinner: 2 slices of 2/2 bread with a wee bit magarine, a little ketchup, a slice cheese and a slice salami put into the sandwich toaster. I needed something quick and easy b/c there's next to nothing left in the fridge.

Time for grocery shopping today.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:29 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,537,625 times
Lisa, so glad to hear the good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals