Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,536,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NCN-the stars wiped out the calories. And tomorrow's another day.

I am so full from that bac. chburger and about 6 onion rings that I may skip even cottage cheese. That is something that never would've stopped me in the past-full or not it was dinnertime so you ate!!! Have ribs and corn heating for Mr. L.

Izzy windows closed, a/c on and stay in. So very sad what's happening there.
Yes, NCN...congratulations on the star!!

Sounds like you had a great lunch Judi...I haven't had a bacon cheeseburger in a long time...I love them with dripping with thousand island dressing!

Although we're not in Izzy's neighborhood...our windows are closed and the A/C is on because it got up to 112 on our patio just a little while ago...and that's in the shade!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 PM

72,318 posts, read 18,148,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Okay...seems that I remember that you went to the 'get together' in Ranch Cucumonga last year with a group that met at Victoria Gardens...am I right?
Yes,you are right! come next time!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:11 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,771,495 times
OMG 112!!!

I love Myrtle Beach and it was always where I wanted to retire to BUT ended up here. We rented condos there on the ocean (North end) and I would walk for hours.

It's going to be 40 here tonight and we have lots of room all-come on out.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:33 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,951,767 times
carmac- No problem! It's my favorite quick meal. It works with rice too, or any other soup/liquidy sauce as long as it's two parts sauce to one part grain. I'll do it with cream of mushroom based casseroles a lot too. Sometimes I just get lazy.

I used to live in Myrtle! Happiest time of my life. Before college (and marriage), DH and I lived in N. Myrtle, renting half of an un-air conditioned trailer and working 12 hour days in a hot kitchen together at Barefoot Landing. True love, I always tell people, is not killing each other under those conditions...though we came close!

Lacey- After the fire this year, condo prices plummetted. You can get a 2br waterfront in N. Myrtle for $90-100k now (with maid service included!). I only know this because we almost bought a vacation home..even though with both of us in college, we had no right even looking. Common sense won out, but it's only a matter of time until we move back. We had our first date on that beach, and got married in the exact same spot. I'll always have a very special place in my heart for Myrtle.

Breakfast- Diet soda and a few bites of leftover quinoa casserole.

Lunch- Split a footlong cold cut combo LOADED with veggies, oil/vin, and oregano at Subway with DH today. Had a few bites of chipotle sunchips, but I was so full after the 6" sub that I didn't eat much.

Dinner- Made california chicken salad wraps with lettuce, a bit of ranch, hot chinese mustard, wasabi, banana peppers, guacamole, onions and tomato on spinach tortillas. (can ya tell I was cleaning out the fridge today?) We're having a picnic tonight before we go out to a party, so I packed some sugar-free jello cups and green grapes to go with.

All in all, not a bad day. Got tons of exercise in walking the pups and helping to choreograph a swordfight for a friend's independent movie. Eventful day!

I even made light cheesecake with blueberry-gin sauce. I shouldn't be able to get more than a slice before DH kills it, so I'm not worried.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
OMG 112!!!

I love Myrtle Beach and it was always where I wanted to retire to BUT ended up here. We rented condos there on the ocean (North end) and I would walk for hours.

It's going to be 40 here tonight and we have lots of room all-come on out.
Oh lucky you...wish it would cool off here...it smells smokey outside tonight, guess there are fires not too far away. I heard there may be a cooling trend coming...we need it!

It sounds like everyone likes Myrtle Beach...small world! There is nothing like a walk on the beach, huh?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 PM

spiderbear: We had our first date on that beach, and got married in the exact same spot. I'll always have a very special place in my heart for Myrtle.

How romantic...beach weddings are so beautiful!

It sounds like you had a good day food wise...hubby and I split a footlong Subway sandwich today also...for dinner.

Did you use that pulled chicken you cooked up the other day for your chicken salad wraps?

Old 08-30-2009, 05:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,771,495 times
Spider-our son went to college there and worked many places as a bartender,waiter,etc. He mainly worked at Hurricane Cove and he and a bunch of guys rented an apartment near there.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:58 AM

72,318 posts, read 18,148,981 times
I hear so much about Myrtle Beach,I will remember to take a trip there!

Went to a get-together last night,some healthy apple salads,marinated carrots,fruits,watermelon.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:28 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,951,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
spiderbear: We had our first date on that beach, and got married in the exact same spot. I'll always have a very special place in my heart for Myrtle.

How romantic...beach weddings are so beautiful!

It sounds like you had a good day food wise...hubby and I split a footlong Subway sandwich today also...for dinner.

Did you use that pulled chicken you cooked up the other day for your chicken salad wraps?
Yep, we finally finished it up! I'm not a big fan of dark meat chicken, but I could barely tell in the chicken salad wraps. It's too chewy for me normally, but in tiny pieces I couldn't tell the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals