U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-17-2009, 04:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,787,992 times

Advertisements

Ugh!! Good morning-woke up at 3 and couldn't go back so here I sit with lots of coffee.

Last night's Shepherds pie wasn't a hit-so it hit the trash. At least it was leftovers so no $$ loss.

Not as cold today-supposed to be 20, we'll see.

Breakfast-the usual.

Lunch-not sure yet.

Dinner-out-yeah.

Happy Birthday to a special couple-you know who you are.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Gue

24,120 posts, read 5,863,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Last night's Shepherds pie wasn't a hit-so it hit the trash. At least it was leftovers so no $$ loss.
A littlr eggnog would have fixed that right up...Ok I'll stop now...LOL...

Old 12-17-2009, 05:39 AM

Maybe Gue-you may have something there! LOL

Old 12-17-2009, 10:17 AM

56,098 posts, read 12,032,162 times
Good morning Lacey! good to see you here Gue! I love eggnog,problem is I would not stop drinking it!
I am still having the cold,not really going anywhere,I don't want others to catch my cold.

Breakfast is a mixed juice,soymilk oatmeal and toast.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 AM
NCN

14,087 posts, read 12,468,631 times
Izzy, Mr. VA had a cold he caught from me when we were on vacation. I think I caught it from our granddaughter when we were babysitting on Thanksgiving weekend. It is a sinus infection and cough and lasts forever. It doesn't make you very sick, but it is one of those blaugh things. They gave us lemon crystal light in the little welcome present in the room. I took it and used it like coffee for him and for me. It was great! You might want to try it. Just put the mixture in the place where coffee goes in the brewer and fill the pot up with water. Our pot made 12 cups, so it worked fine. I would have preferred Russian tea, but we didn't have that.

Coffee and milk
banana
vanilla yogurt

We are going out to Olive Garden for lunch and plan to have all the soup and salad we want. It is Mr. VA's birthday today and mine is tomorrow. Time to celebrate. Then we will do our Christmas shopping.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:47 AM
NCN

Thanks Lacey. You probably got up so early to make sure you didn't turn into ice. It is beautiful outside, but the heat is going non-stop, so I am planning on wearing my fake fur lined coat today on our shopping trip. I don't get to use it much. Most of the time it would look weird to wear it around here.

For those of you who know, it is the one I had on in my Colorado picture.

Oh, and Lacey, if I had been eating with you there probably would not have been any shepherd's pie left.

Mr. VA is going to take the garbage to the dump and pick up the mail at the post office, so I have to be ready when he gets back.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:25 PM

Have a great celebration NCN.

Izzy I have one too and yesterday wasn't bad-matter of fact it stopped by using my Neti Pot-but came back this morning. I'm now doing Zi-Cam meltables, NetiMed Nasa Mist and the Neti pot. Plus just had chicken soup-first time today my eye isn't pouring along with my nose. I swear by ZiCam.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 PM

56,098 posts, read 12,032,162 times
Lace,I am using Zi-Cam too! Bought it yesterday,I like it.opened up my sinus at night. Night before I could hardly sleep,felt like a fish out of water.

NCN That's good to know about lemon crystal light,I hope they don't have that much sugar,I will check it out. Another method is squeezing lemon in a cup and add honey,don't use water,just take a spoonful each time with that mixture and leave it in your mouth for a few minutes then swallow it.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:57 PM

Vicks too!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:18 PM
NCN

Izzy, I think the crystal light was sugar free. We buy the sugar free ones. Remember the Russian tea I made with crystal light. 1 lemon tub, 2 orange and one iced tea and I think the spice that goes with it is cloves. Just mix the little tubs together and add lots of spice and use it in hot water by the spoonful. I keep it in my refriedgerator, but I think I will try making it in the coffee pot like I did the crystal light. I will have to figure out the ratio though. The individual servings comes to a heaping teaspoon per cup so about a level tablespoon for a cup should be about right.

The waitresses sang Happy Birthday for Mr. VA at Olive Garden. We go there all the time. He was really surprised and loved it. I whispered to the hostess that today is his birthday as we went inside. I thought she would just wish him a Happy Birthday, but he got the full treatment.

We went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought everybody snugges--those covers for the sofa with arms. We bought the two little ones a snow saucer each and the same color. Those two have a real thing going about toys. Raleigh gets more snow than we do. I hope they don't already have one. If so, now they have two.

Dinner is dessert. Cheesecake!

Izzy if it goes to your chest, try whisky and honey. Equal amounts of each. I just use nighttime instead. It's about the same thing.

We went to Sam's to food shop. We are supposed to have a snow mix tomorrow night--boy what a birthday present for me. I hope it turns into snow if the power will stay on. If not, I guess we can just snuggle in bed. LOL

Last edited by NCN; 12-17-2009 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals