Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times

Advertisements

Where does time go??? Altho this week can disappear for me.

Conquered some of that ice yesterday. Our plow guy put salt down Tues and temps yesterday were low 30's and it was breakable. Didn't get it all but showed it who's boss.

Breakfast-the usual.

Lunch-either soup or Special K bar.

Dinner-peppers and eggs, toast.

Oh had to buy new jeans yesterday!!! Yeah.

Welcome Pianogal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Hi!

Wow, Judi, new jeans?!?! Good work!

On my to-do list today is grocery shopping, ugh. I'm not in the mood. I'm darn lazy and I just want to sit on the sofa, watch a movie with Miguel and go to bed early. I guess that won't work today, buhu.

Breakfast -
Lunch w/w sandwich w/ cream cheese / cheese / ham

TGIF!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Well, it is off to the fitness center for me.

What size are the jeans, Judi? 0?

Coffee and milk
banana
strawberry yogurt

Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Lacey,new jeans? wow!

I gained 5 pounds since last May after that weight loss,so I need to watch what I eat,which means more veggies and get off those starchy stuff.

having some tea and later some veggie and eggwhite scramble. Need to get off that bread.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Hmm, I guess my diet is fleeing from me lol DH said I can diet during the week but not when he's home. So we ordered pizza yummie

Grocery shopping is done and I can relax from now on.

Izzy, you'll probably lose the 5 lbs in no time once the winter months are over. I know that you live in a quite warm place, but the warmer it is, the easier it gets to lose weight. At least that's my experience.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:16 PM
NCN

We pigged out for lunch today. I hope to get brave enough to count the points in a few minutes.

From Arby's dollar menu:
Arby's Junior Roast beef with lettuce and tomato added
smally curly fries
Cherry turnover
Coffee and milk

I had planned to have the junior roast beef and milkshake only, but the milkshake machine was broken, so I had a weak moment.

It will probably be something with a salad of free vegetables for dinner. If I have enough points it will be mesquite chicken. According to how many points I have left, if any, I will have Olive Garden dressing. I will let you know. I love the points system though.

You know the saying about it being crazy to do the same thing and expect different results. I have been gaining too because I was trying to eat too little food and then I would binge because I would get so hungry. It is so good to be back on the points system and see the scales start going in the right direction. I feel so much better too. That is either the points or the exercise or maybe a combination of the two.

Lacey, I began the points again on Ash Wednesday. I didn't plan it as a religious thing, but I thought it was interesting that I just happened to start that day. You are going to have to explain the Ash Wednesday thing to me or I will just do a search for it. My ancestors were Presbyterian and I grew up Baptist and I don't think we ever mentioned Ash Wednesday. You mentioned no meat for that day. Is it for that day or for 40 days. I had many library patrons that did Ash Wednesday and I know it has something to do with giving up something.

Lacey, give Mr. L a hug from Mr. VA and me if you are allowed to hug him. Maybe a kiss would be better. LOL

Old 02-19-2010, 04:34 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Oh NCN I will-he's not into hugs right now as they hurt. He will be in awhile longer-doctor said like a severe car accident-the trauma is so bad in his body. All this over a newspaper! My driveway is just down to concrete now thanx to our plow guy salting and I did shovelling and he came today and scraped it down. Cost? $30-cheap compared to hosp. bills.

NCN I am Catholic but haven't churched it in awhile but I am adament about Lent. No meat on Ash Weds., Fridays or Good Friday. The ashes represent "from dust you came to dust you will return".

Lunch was a delicious minestone soup from hosp. gift shop.

Dinner peppers n eggs.

Thing about Lent is you really crave the burgers those meatless days.

I am addicted to LifeSaver Peppermints and this year gave them up for Mr. L's healing-killing me.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:29 PM
NCN

When I was eating the weird food in January our church was doing a Daniel Fast. I had never heard or done that before. It was not necessary and voluntary. I tried it for 5 days just to see if I could and it just about killed me too. Every muscle in my body screamed for nutrition. I had to take aspirin to get to sleep at night because my legs were hurting so much. After five days I decided that Daniel was a lot younger than I am and maybe I should not be doing that. I lost 10 pounds in five days, but it came back almost immediately. We ate fruits and vegetables only and had water only to drink. I looked it up in the Bible and it stated that he ate foods that came from seeds.

I really did some adjusting for dinner. I changed my mind several times and finally settled on 4 oz. ham and turkey cold cuts, 12 croutons, coffee and milk and a salad made from lettuce, tomato and cucumbers. I am full and I stayed within my points but I did the maximum points for the first time today.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,209,634 times
Thank you for the welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. Lacey, I will say a prayer that your husband recovers quickly and completely!

It was a very busy day with several deadlines to meet. I ate a great (too big) breakfast but then didn't stop to eat again until dinner! Not the way I'm supposed to be eating!

Breakfast: Whole Wheat Pancakes with Strawberries, Turkey Sausage
Dinner: Beer Butt Chicken, Baked Sweet Potato, Summer Squash, Collards
Dessert: 2 Girl Scout Peanut Butter Patties - I'm glad these are GONE!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:22 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Good evening everybody!

Diana,it is warm for you,but right now it's pretty chilly 50 degrees,I know we are spoiled. Yesterday was close to 80's ! the weather is making us crazy,now it's raining!

For lunch I had some Chicken with some cheese on it,tomatoes,lettuce,broccoli.

This evening was just some bean soup and sourdough bread.

good nite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals