U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:43 AM

12,723 posts, read 3,196,137 times

Advertisements

Breakfast:
1 yogurt with half a table spoon cereals

Lunch:
2 bananas
1 w/w sandwich (as usual)
1 chocolate pudding

Dinner - not sure yet.

Judi - the trees are starting to look more and more green from day to day. The magnolias are already showing how they'll look in about a week or two. I love spring!

I only need to do some preparations for tomorrow's bbq (marinating the meat, mixing together a nice garlic butter,...) otherwise it's a "yippie-I've-got-nothing-to-do" day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 09:33 AM

56,126 posts, read 12,046,676 times
Happy Friday! good to see you guys here! I have been eating a lot of salads,black beans,chinese food,the ones without grease.. drinking lots of tea and some coffee. I will do that this morning and have some eggs. Talk later!

Old 04-17-2010, 05:27 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,806,484 times
Morning all-and here it is the day of MM's bar-b-cue and I hope the weather's perfect.

I also love spring-it's such an affirmation of life.

Yesterday's lunch was a hot dog while out.

I made mac salad with loads of vegs and light mayo-so dinner was my sticky wings 93) and mac salad.

Breakfast will be yog/fruit.
Lunch-think home today and avocado and salad.
Dinner-burgers and mac salad.

Happy Sat. all.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 AM

12,723 posts, read 3,196,137 times
Saturday afternoon already buhu. Just got up from an after-lunch nap. I love weekends even though I'm sleeping through some good part of my free time.

BBQ time will be in about 3-4 hours and I already prepared some of the spaghetti salad.
Judi - all your talking about the mac salad made me look through my cook books again and I found a new recipe for spaghetti salad:

* 17.5 oz spaghetti (boil in salt water till al dente)
* 17.5 oz pork sausage (do you have something like that over there???) in strips
* 17.5 oz tomatoes in cubes
* 1 iceberg salad in thin strips
* 250ml Asian sweet-sour sauce (alhtough I don't like these ready to use things)
* 5 table spoons vinegar
* a little sugar
* 1 tea spoon tabasco
* 2 table spoons soy sauce
* half a bunch parsley

Asian sauce and vinegar have to mixed with 2 table spoons oil. Add salt, sugar, tabasco and soy sauce and add over all the other ingredients. Put in fridge for about 1 hour. Before serving sprinkle parsley over it.

I hope it's good or my guests won't be happy lol

Now off to look what DS is doing.
Happy Sat.!

Old 04-17-2010, 12:41 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,977,424 times
Let's see if I can remember yesterday's food:

Friday, April 16, 2010
Breakfast:
Panera caramel frozen drink (about 2/3 of it)

Lunch:
Hamburger and french fries from a local tavern.

Dinner:
Salad (lettuce, spinach, red pepper, red onion, wild rice, walnuts, hard-boiled egg, toasted sliced almonds, clementine, ground flax seed, green olives, lite ceasar dressing)

Late PM snack:
Part of a double-chocolate-chip muffin and about 1/2 oz cashews

Saturday, April 17, 2010
Breakfast:
Part of a double-chocolate-chip muffin
1/2 oz. cashews
1 organic apple (I love "Gala" apples!)
1/2 of a Panera frozen caramel drink

Lunch:
Salad (lettuce, spinach, carrots, walnuts, hard-boiled egg, chicken breast, wild rice, green olives, ground flax seed, clementine, lite ceasar dressing)

Dinner:
Probably another salad and more rice. It's what I have in the fridge.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 AM

Morning!!!! Is it me or is April flying by?

Trimmed some bushes yesterday, debating getting some trees delivered and dug.

Breakfast-the usual yog/fruit.
Lunch-if home-cottage cheese and salad
Dinner-bar b cued baby back ribs, rice n black beans.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:26 PM

Lunch was out-more late breakfast (11AM) crispy corned beef hash and poached eggs, whole wheat eng muffin w/orange marmalade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals