U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,429,235 times

Advertisements

You know, I was noticing something, the OP was also looking for a church that is "moderate." Seems to me that many of the suggested churches would not consider themselves as"moderate" but rather very conservative and even fundemental. The OP could chime in by what they mean. Does he, or she, mean theologically or politically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:52 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,137,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
You know, I was noticing something, the OP was also looking for a church that is "moderate." Seems to me that many of the suggested churches would not consider themselves as"moderate" but rather very conservative and even fundemental. The OP could chime in by what they mean. Does he, or she, mean theologically or politically?
Good point!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 PM

11,678 posts, read 21,250,268 times
OP never came back- but along the moderate front, I'd still recommed Church of the Incarnation's Uptown Service and HPUMC's Cornerstone service. Methodists are definitely progressive, even the HP ones!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,382 times
You should also consider Storyline Christian Community, a network of house churches in the Uptown/Downtown area. storylinecommunity.com

Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM

59 posts, read 162,828 times
Thank you everybody for all your suggestions. He is currently trying out HP United Methodist Cornerstone service and he seems to like it. We will wait and see if he can make any connections there, as it has only been a week or two. However, if anyone else wants to contribute feel free, everything is appreciated. And for all you Christians, I appreciate your prayers for him in locating a church he is comfortable with!

Old 06-25-2010, 03:34 PM

11,678 posts, read 21,250,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cckhek View Post
Thank you everybody for all your suggestions. He is currently trying out HP United Methodist Cornerstone service and he seems to like it. We will wait and see if he can make any connections there, as it has only been a week or two. However, if anyone else wants to contribute feel free, everything is appreciated. And for all you Christians, I appreciate your prayers for him in locating a church he is comfortable with!

He picked a wonderful church to start with! One of my friends is on the Cornerstone staff & Paul, Elizabeth, Allison- they are all really kind, loving, open people who just LOVE getting to know new people and help them find connections in the church. I don't go there, but I have visited on occasion just to see my friend "in action" and every time I go, I leave with warm, fuzzy feelings and a great Christian message from Paul. I also like the shorter sermon series- good for those of us who like to change it up every few weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas