Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:51 AM

473 posts, read 1,199,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Just a FYI about Grapevine...

We DO have mature trees in many neighborhoods. I have a HUGE 100-year old live oak cross in my backyard, which is one of the reasons we bought this house! Yes, a previous owner planted those darn Bradford Pears in our front yard. (My other neighbors have live oaks, and I am jealous...) The lots down by the lake have HUGE trees. When you get into the price range that the OP is looking for, you will find the larger lots either out near the lake, or in SW Grapevine near Parr Park. The houses in Parr park area are bigger and newer, while the ones by the lake are generally older, but you will find occasional newer homes. The lake lots that back up to the Corps of Engineers property are VERY sought-after.

Colleyville might have something in that price range. It is definitely worth taking a look. Their lots also tend to be larger.

I would not recommend Keller or Southlake due the the construction right now. After the DFW Connector project is finished in 5 years, then I would recommend them. And yes, IMHO the traffic around Grapevine Mills Mall to get into Flower Mound is awful.
Traffic during peak times is bad around most funnel locations in DFW. After the DFW connector project is completed the underpass to 2499 should automatically ease up the traffic to and from Flower Mound. Even now during peak times its pretty good compared to 635/75 or 35/ 820. For Coppell we take 121 business into Denton Tap road- its very near. Check this route to your office location in Coppell. Suggest you actually commute from a neighborhood of your choice and compare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 12:18 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
I would really try and avoid places that will have hubby driving anywhere west on 114. Traffic will be a total nightmare and there's plenty of good places to live near Coppell (northeast Carrollton, Coppell, Flower Mound, Lewisville, Lantana, Double Oak)
You can also access most of Grapevine from Coppell by taking Airfield Drive across the top of DFW. No need to get on 114 at all! We can actually get to the terminals at DFW without even getting on a highway!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:01 PM

30 posts, read 72,206 times
I live in coppell and love my neighborehood. My children studied in elem, middle and high schools of Coppell ISD. We are very happy with their scores. I live near school so could personally monitor many events at school.Coppell has old and new developements for housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas