U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 05:23 PM

38 posts, read 167,667 times

Advertisements

My daughter is a dance major at UNT. She has some horrible recurring back problems. We have already gone through all kinds of therapy from chiropractic and rehab through her most recent treatment of epidural injections. Nothing seems to work. She's depressed and in pain most of the time. Needless to say her dancing is limited and now it's causing problems with her job. We need a good local doctor, preferably in the Carrollton/Coppell/Lewisville/West Plano area to give us some other ideas for treatment. I know that doctors have to go through the baby steps of treatment, but the epidural was supposed to relieve her pain some as well as be diagnostic. But that isn't happening. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hate to see her so depressed and in such chronic pain. She's only 22 and she's not getting what I would consider a timely response considering her age. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 10:32 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,176,295 times
There is a place in Plano for back rehab, therapy, etc. Whatever you do there are a few doctors even in Plano that treat back pain that I do NOT recommend and if ANY doctor suggests a morphine pump, say no and then pm me and I'll give you the scoop. I don't want to post all the details on here w/ doctors names and such that my mom has dealt with and still is.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:19 PM
smh

53 posts, read 257,176 times
If she's willing to try a chiropractic approach again, I highly, highly recommend Family Care Chiropractic on Main Street in Lewisville. Very professional, high-quality, high-tech treatment that eliminated my lower back pain/sciatica that other doctors and chiropractors were never able to deal with successfully. I can't say enough about how much the treatment there has helped me. They will also be very honest about what they can and can't do to help and to suggest other ideas for treatment.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:15 PM

38 posts, read 167,667 times
Thanks for the responses. I will follow up on both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or