Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are the odds I will find a high-paying job within 3 months of moving to Dallas...
10%.....Ha Ha, keep dreaming, pack your bags. 4 57.14%
30%.....Will get an interview or two, positive responses. 1 14.29%
50%.....No problem with getting ANY job! 1 14.29%
75%.....Will be overwhelmed with offers. 1 14.29%
100%...Will land an excellent, satisfying job (and a new girlfriend)! 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:15 AM

23 posts, read 42,211 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I am moving to Dallas in the next couple of months and need your help. I have savings to "survive" for 6 to 9 months and am carefully looking for the following:

1. A job (hah!, isn't everyone?!) I have 20 + years of sales experience, am college educated, and have excellent references.

2. Advice on where to live...nice neighborhood, close to DART, shopping, entertainment, low crime. Can pay up to $1150 per month.

3. Single, unattached women - I've never been married and am basically moving to Dallas as a "fresh start", in the hopes of finding a friend/partner and have chosen Dallas because I've heard Texas women are down-to-earth, honest, beautiful, and friendly.

I look forward to your input and help!
Thanks in advance from....
"A Montana Cowboy Looking For A New Home"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
There are many, many threads on this topic.......do a search. Basically, decide if you are a city dweller (Uptown is the happening place to live for singles or perhaps at Mockingbird Station); a suburban type (Plano near the Dart Station) or quasi (Las Colinas, but rail station not opened for another year). Everywhere else is mostly family life. You can find something in your price range at all places.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:08 AM

563 posts, read 1,710,545 times
I'm going to disagree slightly with Squirl. You can find singles all over Dallas. I am single and I live in Plano. I know a lot of other singles who live in varying suburbs.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 PM

eerrrr..... If you read my post I named Plano as a place for singles. I meant concentrated parts. Of course singles live everywhere! But I meant large populations of singles concentrated in areas......

Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 PM

Thanks!
What are the women like? I have heard they are very friendly and down to earth.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:47 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,280,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Americca View Post
Thanks!
What are the women like? I have heard they are very friendly and down to earth.
Some definitely are, but you have to wade through a ton of materialistic shallow women who probably won't give you the time of day if you don't appear to have money (right car, right clothes, right watch). If you are "of a certain age", be prepared for the enormous number of divorcees in Dallas. Just hop on match.com or eharmony.com to see what the single women in Dallas are like. Probably the best thing about them (us) is that Dallas women REALLY take care of themselves- work out & have great bodies, wax, routine manicure/pedicure, etc. One thing I don't like but you may not mind is that the women here keep the tanning salons in business (everyone is super tan all year round- and not from laying out at the pool!) and well over half are artificially blonde (the bleached, white blonde color).

To be fair, most of the above applies to the men, (in great shape, well-dressed and well-groomed, materialistic, and hard to find a nice one- though they do exist!)

Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Women are like women everywhere. Some are nice and down-to-earth. Some are psycho. Some are materialistic. Some are career-minded. Some are family-oriented. Some are both. Etc, etc...

Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 AM

Thanks!
It sounds like I will be locating close to the downtown area. I'm not a big fan of the internet-dating process; seems just too artificial, although it can be a great "qualifying process". I very much appreciate the feedback on this site.
I think my next step is to take a "scouting trip" next month to feel out job prospects, etc. I have heard that Austin and San Antonio are also good cities, but I am leaning towards the larger metro area.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:43 AM

Default What is the traffic like...

for commuting in the North Dallas area?

Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 AM

Chances of finding a job are probably ok, high paying......not for quite a while. If you are so darn determined to move expect to flip burgers for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas